• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Persona 4: The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
Noo, poor Nanako.

Very sad ending scene.

I agree the battle wasn't as epic as you'd expect a final boss battle to be, but I'm expecting another fake out like with Mitsuo. Definitely doesn't seem like the case is closed yet with the fog creeping into town.

I'm theorizing he's not the killer and he literally meant he was saving people (from the real killer)
tetron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
They really went at it with this episode (23). Scene of Nanako still lying in bed and announcing her death just felt really mortifying when I watched it.

For a moment there when I saw Yu with Namatame, all the things in my mind were spoiler[ oh gawd don't throw him in or you'll get the bad ending x3 ]

I still don't know how they'll fit the spoiler[ True Ending ]. It might be either incredibly short 15 min at last episode or OAV :/

overall this was a good episode and I think people who only just saw the anime may have enjoyed it immensely Smile
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Nanako pulled through in the end, and the scene in hospital room about them throwing him into the TV world was well done.

Someone who fits all the criteria...

I can think of three suspects of who the mastermind might be

Kuma
We don't really know anything about him or his past, and he is the most supernatural out of all the characters. He has a human appearance, and he also ran away this episode. He seems to know the most out of the TV world than anyone else. Motivation? I don't know, find out who he is? (Unless it was all an act) Plus it would be a good twist.

Doujima
He's a cop, so he'd he'd have easy access to the whole affair scandal. He works late all the time and we never really see what he does. Obviously his plan would would start falling apart when Namatame started targeting his daughter. Motivation? Not sure, maybe it has to do with his wife's unknown killer and the whole affair thing being linked and he's taking revenge into his own hands since he can't find any evidence. He's clearly obsessed with finding his wife's killer.

Adachi
Same with Doujima, he has special privileges as a cop. I actually thought it was him at first due to Nanako's line of "I only open the door for people I know" and the only other person who regularly visits her home is Adachi, but then they revealed the delivery truck so I guess that was wrong. Motivation? Not really sure either. Generic conspiracy about him being involved with the affair I suppose.

Or I guess suspect D: random demon/shadow entity in the TV world or a new character.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, following game mechanics, spoiler[6 characters either died or had to retreat] in this episode. You do not take on the Reaper without Thor with Thunder Reign, or be way overleveled.
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
It's a real shame that, as others predicted, the true final episode will be blu-ray only...

But, at least as some personal consolation, I'd been hoping that Yuu would spoiler[defeat the big bad through a dramatic and heroic summoning of one of the incarnations of Satan]...and the show did not disappoint.
tetron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
I really liked how at Yu's spoiler[ end of life/turning into a shadow, everyone was looking up and calling out his name, which in turn made their own personas evolved into a much higher being]

That was a pretty moving scene. Oh and what Etrien said in spoilers xD
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
missing Christmas event and the final boss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11