• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation to re-release Ergo Proxy.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
i've grown to like the show quite a bit. at first i found the whole post-apocalyptic-road-movie feel a bit off-putting. but ergo proxy is one of those shows isn't necessarily perfectly executed but instead a little rough around the edges and unique.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
chronoclast wrote:
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?10789-Ergo-Proxy-BD-Box

Japan is getting a BD-Box on 7/25. That is very likely the reason why the US isn't getting a BD release yet. Hopefully Funi will be able to release it on BD in the near future.

YEEEAAAAAHHHH! Looking forward to getting this provided there is some form of English actually confirmed (whether Subbed or Dubbed).

Time to start saving...
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote
Vracer111 wrote:
chronoclast wrote:
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?10789-Ergo-Proxy-BD-Box

Japan is getting a BD-Box on 7/25. That is very likely the reason why the US isn't getting a BD release yet. Hopefully Funi will be able to release it on BD in the near future.

YEEEAAAAAHHHH! Looking forward to getting this provided there is some form of English actually confirmed (whether Subbed or Dubbed).

Time to start saving...

Maybe I'm the only one who thought so, but Ergo Proxy's dub was mediocre at best. Hearkening back to the criticisms stating that they laid the 'dark' atmosphere on too thick--tried too hard--I would disagree in regard to the show itself, but I will say that the English VA's put forth that impression. Making Vincent sound like English dub Gaara was a bad decision and everyone else was cringe-worthy.

It'd be great if they re-dubbed it. If they don't, though, whatever; I was quite satisfied with the sub anyway.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
Cringeworthy? What a bizarre opinion. I wasn't crazy over Liam O'Brien's Vincent either, but Karen Thompson's Real Mayar and Travis Willingham's Iggy were excellent. As was Rachel Hirschfeld's Pino - one of the rare instances of an adult doing a child's voice in a dub that was convincing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3