• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tamako Market (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote
Asagiri reminds me of Nagato from Suzumiya Haruhi, if only for her character design.

Anyway, loving the series and Dera cracks me up.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what to expect from this episode but in the end I'm happy it turned out Anko spoiler[has a crush on the nerdy looking boy instead of the generic looking 'cool' one.]

Jumping into summer next episode.

I'm still waiting for the episode where Mochizou catches a break. Poor guy.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 4
Cuteness level increasing~
Pretty smart to use Dera for spoiler[the festival] even though the Lego bird was kinda cool. Glad more time is being dedicated for the other characters (i.e Anko and her crush who looks suspiciously like a moe verison of Kensuke Aida). Nothing to complain about as usual.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
I'm finding that I really like Tamako's grandfather. I love how he's less old-fashioned and more open-minded than the father. I really like how he made a compromise with Anko so that she could go to the museum spoiler[even though she never actually made it there.] with her friends.

Too bad that Dera spoiler[didn't lose any weight from having half of the adult cast chasing after him so that they could use him on the portable shrine.]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
I laughed hard at Dera "dropping a pound." LOL. God I love that bird. Anime hyper
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote
I am actually surprised how much I am enjoying this series and each episode more than the next. It's not the typical series I usually enjoy but in this case I love the strong sense of community in the series.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
I wonder how heavy Dera is... He's going to break Tamako's neck if he gets any fatter. Anime hyper
TG72

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Was that the girls' mother in Anko's flashback? I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it seems like she passed away.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Tamako says as much in episode one. Though Dera did interupt her so it wouldn't surprised me if she turned up alive at some point.

Still, Tamako is searching for the song her mother used to sing to her.

On a more random note, I can't help but notice that mole on Tamako's neck. Haven't seen one there on an anime character before.
methaniel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Dera resting itself on top of the shrine made me laugh really hard ^^
Just like the other I'm surprised at how pleasant this serie is so far, despite an obvious lack of real plot (yeah, I know slice-of-life don't need too much of it, but even within slice-of-life standarts its pretty low).
And I felt your pain Mochizou, carrying a shrine hurts spoiler[though he fainted from it?]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
totally thought it was the other kid Anko was crushing on. she is adorable
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Tamako says as much in episode one. Though Dera did interupt her so it wouldn't surprised me if she turned up alive at some point.

I must've been distracted. I watched the flashback a second time and they do say 'mom'. Interesting that they didn't show her face...
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
Loving this so far, episode 3 was particularly sublime.

Beyond just the art this show is really reminiscent of K-On to me. It has that same going-nowhere-slice-of-life vibe that I actually really enjoyed (eventually) about K-On. I think Kyoani are at their best when they are not constrained by structured narrative arcs.

It's hard to put into words what it is that I like so much about their specific style of anime, but there's just something very effortless and human about kyoani shows that I can get behind. Quit a feat considering I am generally pretty anti moe.

Anyway, will keep watching.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Mochizou still can't catch a break, though part of it is his own fault.

I really liked the concept of this episode, though the execution could have been a bit better. I've said this before, but when romance is involved, rather than the relationship between a suitor and their target, the relationship between the rivals is far more interesting. spoiler[When Midori said she was in the same class as Mochizou I was looking forward to seeing what would come of that. They butt heads a bit here though they reached something of an understanding a bit too quickly. But Midori doesn't really seem to be the kind of person to act like that for too long so that's fine.]

Dera continues to be an amusing character.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Even though Dera has yet to lose weight, his wings certainly have grown stronger!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7