• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sunday Without God (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Hampnie was rather cruel this time.
Even though, I do see his point.
So this time we even get a new character.
He (Julie) does look pretty interesting..
Looks like Hampnie does have a heart after all ^^]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Oh so that woman's name is spoiler[Scar] huh? FMA vibes?! Oh never mind, it's just a spoiler[nickname].

Nice to meet another spoiler[old friend of Hambart's] I suppose although their relationship sure isn't very friendly. In fact, there's a grudge going on. Shame I was actually looking forward to their spoiler[duel,] ahh maybe some other day....in the future.

Oh God the spoiler[piggyback ride] was funny though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I was actually looking forward to nobody but Ai saying the dude's name the entire series. spoiler[I was actually under the impression his name really wasn't HH up until Julie called him that.]

It does however have the best plot twist of the season. A red-eyed, white haired pale person who's spoiler[actually an albino instead of just a good palette choice]

I still liked the ep but not as much as the first since I felt some of the character actions felt a bit off. I'm glad they explained the age thing though.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Freaking A.

YES, BLOOD, I OFFICIALLY SHIP THEM.

Quote:
A red-eyed, white haired pale person who's *spoiler*

Lol, Shiro from Deadman Wonderland was that too.
At any rate, it is awesome.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
you hear that Chiibi? that's the sound of Riddley clubbing a baby seal to death with a spoon over in Ireland. I hope you are happy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
you hear that Chiibi? that's the sound of Riddley clubbing a baby seal to death with a spoon over in Ireland. I hope you are happy

The only thing YOU guys are clubbing is a DEAD HORSE. Rolling Eyes
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
^ lol

Episode 2

That guy can sure be a jerk, but then he turns around and helps her. Obviously he is there for everyone who likes the bad boys. The episode felt a little lower to me, probably because the funny side of Ai's personality did not really show much, except maybe the piggy back scene. At least Humpty Dumpty seems to have realized he was being a bit harsh.

Trying to put the pieces together. Humpty did not go to school, but he apparently knew the other guy from school, and the other guy must have had a daughter at the very least of 18 years old.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
where does all that hair go when she puts on the hat?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
She rolls it up in a bun. Anime hyper There's a round part in the hat to hold it.

.......now how she is able to keep all that hair in the hat without a HAIR TIE...yes, that's anime hair physics for you. Rolling Eyes
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am Reply with quote
Rule of Cool has a little sister named Rule of Adorable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
On further pondering I have realized that she is basically this, although I think it would be funnier to see some sort of hollow form.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Obviously he is there for everyone who likes the bad boys.

Yep. The last few weeks have shown me how much fangirls love their a-holes. If you're watching Attack on Titan: Levi spoiler[kicks the shit out of a helplessly restrained character who can't defend himself:]

Fangirl reaction: "Ooo, Levi is so cool!" Rolling Eyes

It'll be the same here: the more that A-hole Albino slaps and hurts Ai the more Chiibi will "ship" them. Rolling Eyes Because ya see, deep down he's really cares, man. Rolling Eyes

By the way, shipping a 33-year-old dude and a 12-year-old girl is kinda on the conceptually icky side. Is his name actually Humbert Humbert?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Yep. The last few weeks have shown me how much fangirls love their a-holes. If you're watching Attack on Titan: Levi spoiler[kicks the shit out of a helplessly restrained character who can't defend himself:]

Fangirl reaction: "Ooo, Levi is so cool!" Rolling Eyes

To be fair ,spoiler[ if Levi hadn't done it, they wouldn't have been able to save Eren]

But please, don't lump us all together with Chiibi. She's like 12 and thinks Kirito is hot, for god's sake.

Anyway, I enjoyed episode 2 since it gave some very much necessary exposition. I don't remember if the first episode mentioned that spoiler[God's abandoning of the world had been so relatively recent, but I'm attracted by the idea and how the main duo is constituted by a person who knew the world before God left it and one who didn't]. I'm not entirely sold on Ai overly-cutesy shit because I think she doesn't quite match the atmosphere of the show and that thing she wears on her hair looks stupid to me; but I'm still interested in seeing what they're going to do with this setting and what direction they're going to take
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I'm not entirely sold on Ai overly-cutesy shit because I think she doesn't quite match the atmosphere of the show

There's also a lot of potential in this, isn't it, and since it's already been established she's a very special kind of gravekeeper that should not exist, there's a certain aura about her reminding me of the significance of the infant in Children of Men (that also had a world where people could no longer be born, although in a very different setting, of course). There could be a lot of hope for this world in the fact alone that someone like Ai does exist.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
I don't get why the girl wants to hang out with the guy who just slaughtered her entire village and was a second away from blowing her brains out before she was rescued. Sure, she doesn't know what to do or where to go next, but I would say following him around should have been the least of her priorities. Yet not once but twice she's followed him out of the village like a lost little puppy instead of, you know, going in the opposite direction.

That's pretty much my only issue with the show thus far. The rest of it has been really good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 26