• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm coming into the discussion a little late, but I started watching this series sometime last week. I've found it to be pretty good, and as I believe some have said earlier, a nice break from the usual Key formula. And some advice for any Anime companies reading this, chickens make any anime better.

cool3865 wrote:

if anything this seemed to be more of a filler episode and number 9 looks like it might give us more answers.

I have to disagree with you on this. There was a fair amount of plot movement in this episode, so I wouldn't go to calling it a filler. Like you said, we get to see spoiler[Shin is beginning to show actual love for Noe which will be very important in later episodes as we can expect to see him forced to choose between Noe, Hiromi, and possibly Ai.]

Also in this episode, spoiler[Hiromi learns that Shin is dating Noe because Noe's brother (name escapes me) agreed to date Hiromi. I am guessing this will be very important in later episodes. In addition, I believe Hiromi is kinda hating herself because she is beginning to act like Shin's mom. Note the scene where she says comments to Noe in the likeness of what Shin's mom had once said to her. This One other thing to be noted in this episode is we get to see some things from the picture book Shin is making. (Raigomaru is the best chicken I have seen in an anime yet.)]

All in all, like many harems, the complexities of relationships are beginning to show. spoiler[Hiromi runs away to escape the harsh reality of a relationship between Shin and Noe. Noe is falling ever more deeply in love with Shin, and Shin is beginning to love Noe as well. Ai is faced with the decision of whether or not to continue to pursue Shin even after he said no in spite of the relationship she already has.] Overall, the episode really got things moving towards the ultimate showdown one can expect at the end of this series.
Courbet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
Agree with you Skys, ep 8 deepens/shows the emotions we already suspected and sets us up for the final few episodes which will undoubtedly end in a massive melee between schoolkids, robots, vampires and of course chickens!

Ok so that may be a lie, but I am looking forward to the finale; this series hasn't disappointed so far Smile
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
This anime is in par with Kimikiss Pure Rouge and Spice and wolf. They are all very interesting new animes of the season. I recently saw True Tears episode 8 and it was a blast. True Tears may even be better than Spice and wolf and parallel to Kimikiss, based on its romance, to be known as the better anime with drama.
If you have not seen KimiKiss yet, then your a disgraceful anime fan.
Hehe I'm joking, but go watch it, it's great. Absolutely lovely.
But besides that, True Tears has so much going on. It is quite similar to kimikiss now that I think about it.
spoiler[Both lead characters have multiple women that are attracted to them.]
spoiler[Shin now not only is going out with Noe but also is trying to realize his true goals and what he wants to do, or it seems. His story seems to go or flow after saying "I Like you" to Noe. This could be a positive light for Shin. But on the other hand, it may also be the inspiration Shin gives to Noe for her tears to shine again. Since this anime is called True Tears maybe Shin will stay with the girl who seemingly does not cry and will later on. However, then there's the other girl whom he likes very much so, but cannot seem to connect with. They do have some sort of a past where both were very close, that is a given. Also, there's the weird misconception of family going on. There are a lot of different actions all occurring simultaneously. It should all come together in the last episodes, I hope.]
Oh and lastly, I forgot to mention, but added as edit. Episode 8's divinity reminded me of Sola. They start to talk about the sky which in an absurd way reminded me of Sola. (Both animes have good music btw Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote
Darc_knight wrote:
If you have not seen KimiKiss yet, then your a disgraceful anime fan.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
[Oh and lastly, I forgot to mention, but added as edit. Episode 8's divinity reminded me of Sola. They start to talk about the sky which in an absurd way reminded me of Sola. (Both animes have good music btw Smile

You should go see EF ~A Tale Of Memories~ and tell me if Kimikiss is much better. That way I will know if kimikiss is worth watching or not. Although I wanted to watch Kimikiss, but in marathon mode.

And yeah about the topic of "looking up the sky", it's strongly reminded me of Chihiro from EF. You should definitely see this series since (I infer) you like romantic genre. The soundtrack are awesome.

Good episode, still waiting for big revelation about Hiromi and Shin'ichiro's relationship.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
Kimikiss is alright but it's not in the same league as Ef and True Tears. Kimikiss is hovering between a 7 and 8 for me while ef was a 9 and True Tears is on lock to be a 9 as well.
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quote
The OST is real good stuff, I really want to see more from this guy in regards to composing anime and not just doing the Eufonius ops/albums.

After listening to track 30 a few times I think (tagged just in case)

spoiler[it's definitely music that will be played when Shin and Hiromi finally get together/confess.]

Brilliant piece.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:

You should go see EF ~A Tale Of Memories~ and tell me if Kimikiss is much better. That way I will know if kimikiss is worth watching or not. Although I wanted to watch Kimikiss, but in marathon mode.

KimiKiss isn't in the same league as True Tears, let alone the masterpiece ef. I finally dropped KimiKiss after starting episode 19 and just not being able to bring myself to care enough to continue.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote
If True Tears end up with the pair I like, it can be in the same league as EF. Although if it won't happen then I'll just look at the storyline. So far so good.

@Westlo how's the OST?

I hope you're right about the music for spoiler[Shin and Hiromi.] Can't wait for the main climax, I can sense some heavy drama if things would end up as I predicted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
If True Tears end up with the pair I like, it can be in the same league as EF. Although if it won't happen then I'll just look at the storyline. So far so good.

I'm not going to punish the show for not going with the girl I like, as long as the girl who is chosen doesn't come out of the left field. Even though my preference is obviously Hiromi I'll be happy with Hiromi or Noe. Aiko... well she could be made a reasonable winner in 5 episodes time but I really doubt it..

Quote:
@Westlo how's the OST?

I know it's early but atm I think it compares nicely to the best from last year. I really can't compare it yet since Lagann, Seirei no Moribito and ef (need episode 10 music asap, wtb sooner release date for ost 2!!) have stood the test of time so to say while True Tears I've had for one day.

Fav tracks would be

OP
#10 (Played at the end of episode 3)
#18 (Played when Aiko and Shin go shopping in episode 4)
#19 (Played at the end of episode 6)
#24 (Played a lot already)
#29 (Not used yet)
#30 (Not used yet)
ED

Quote:
I hope you're right about the music for spoiler[Shin and Hiromi.] Can't wait for the main climax, I can sense some heavy drama if things would end up as I predicted.

I'll go out on a limb, spoiler[I can't see that piece being used for another couple. From the 1.33 mark onwards I get the feeling that it's conveying something like "finally" which can only really apply to Hiromi.]

Quote and laugh if I'm wrong though lol.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not going to punish the show for not going with the girl I like, as long as the girl who is chosen doesn't come out of the left field. Even though my preference is obviously Hiromi I'll be happy with Hiromi or Noe. Aiko... well she could be made a reasonable winner in 5 episodes time but I really doubt it..

Oh, but it's one of my pet peeves, if my favorite couple dosn't end up together I get frustrated. For example: Aya and Yuhi(Ayashi no Ceres) and Kei and Hiro (EF). But I get over with my annoyance easily, so I give credits (when rating) to the plot and sometimes visual and soundtrack can affect too.
Well it's ok if Hiromi and Shin'ichiro doesn't end up together, but if Aiko wins ummm..... I don't know what to say, I'd rather choose Noe.
Quote:
favorite tracks would be
OP
#10 (Played at the end of episode 3)
#18 (Played when Aiko and Shin go shopping in episode 4)
#19 (Played at the end of episode 6)
#24 (Played a lot already)
#29 (Not used yet)
#30 (Not used yet)
ED

Wow, you really know which song are played in the anime series, I'm amazed.
Quote:
I'll go out on a limb, spoiler[I can't see that piece being used for another couple. From the 1.33 mark onwards I get the feeling that it's conveying something like "finally" which can only really apply to Hiromi.]

Are you guessing with what you think the meaning of the lyrics? Or you can understand Japanese?
Quote:
Quote and laugh if I'm wrong though lol.

I hope you're not wrong, but yeah lets wait and find out.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
Oh, but it's one of my pet peeves, if my favorite couple dosn't end up together I get frustrated. For example: Aya and Yuhi(Ayashi no Ceres) and Kei and Hiro (EF). But I get over with my annoyance easily, so I give credits (when rating) to the plot and sometimes visual and soundtrack can affect too.

I was actually on Kei's side (only just!) until the episode 7 ending scene completely pushed me over to MiyaMiya's.

Quote:
Well it's ok if Hiromi and Shin'ichiro doesn't end up together, but if Aiko wins ummm..... I don't know what to say, I'd rather choose Noe.

Yeah Aiko winning atm would be pretty much retarded and not make any sense at all. That sort of thing does lead to ranking down a show.

Quote:
Wow, you really know which song are played in the anime series, I'm amazed.

The ones used at the end of episodes 3 and 6 were easy to remember since they were used only once. That Aiko one in episode 4 quickly became a fav tune of mine.

Quote:
Are you guessing with what you think the meaning of the lyrics? Or you can understand Japanese?

Oh the track is just a BGM so no lyrics, hard to explain why i get this feeling but you'll see what I mean maybe when you see it used in the show.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I was actually on Kei's side (only just!) until the episode 7 ending scene completely pushed me over to MiyaMiya's.

I was on Kei's side all the way. I don't hate Miyako, I just don't like her free spirit personality.
Quote:
Yeah Aiko winning atm would be pretty much retarded and not make any sense at all. That sort of thing does lead to ranking down a show.

Yup if Aiko wins this series might end up disappointing......
Quote:
The ones used at the end of episodes 3 and 6 were easy to remember since they were used only once. That Aiko one in episode 4 quickly became a favorite tune of mine.

To tell you the truth, I can't quite remember what songs have been played for the past 7 episodes. I should try recognizing what songs are playing from now on. The only song I recognize is the opening song, which I like a lot.
Quote:
Oh the track is just a BGM so no lyrics, hard to explain why i get this feeling but you'll see what I mean maybe when you see it used in the show.

I hope it happens soon. I would like to hear the song you're talking about.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching episode 9. I don't know, I was expecting something dramatic spoiler[if Hiromi and Shin would find out they aren't related, but instead it was done rather plain, it's so calm and I would say organize (LoL). So much for my, heavy drama.....]

Anyway, this episode concludes well. spoiler[I have the feeling that Shin will going to miss Noe and he'll end up undecided if he likes Hiromi or Noe. The heck maybe the next episode it's all about Ai-chan's story. Who knows, and there's something weird about Shin's parents, mysterious (heh.)]

And yeah I like the song played in the scene where Noe and Shin'ichiro was talking about flying. Also the one played in the I-pod scene was good too!
Courbet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Have to agree with you Chichiri, seems to me that episode 9 is very understated considering spoiler[ the quite dramatic happenings.]

Certainly very interesting and looking forward to epi 10!!

Personally I am hoping spoiler[ he chooses Noe in the end, however I am finding it very hard to read how this series will branch off from this point.]
Xeric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:23 am Reply with quote
I actually really enjoyed episode 9. It would have been easy to make the events in the episode very dramatic, but instead everything was slightly muted and confused with some things not making much rational sense spoiler[which seemed to reflect the state of mind of most of the characters. With everything that's going on I find it much more believable and realistic that the characters would react the way they did, being, most probably, confused and unsure on how to react themselves.]

It's a different tactic than most other shows I've seen and I found it refreshing. spoiler[As I said before, it would have been easy to follow SOP with these events, especially when Noe watches Shinichiro hug Hiromi and the fight that Shinichiro got into, but they took a different route. Even though I found most of the episode realistic I have to admit that Hiromi's and Noe's brother's (why can't I reacall his name?) reaction to their dangerous crash and subsequent burning of the bike were very odd. Then again, that was their state of mind and their characters which is integral to the story.] That's what suspension of disbelief is for.

spoiler[I also liked the visual effect of the various storybook like drawings of different scenes throughout the episode, it compliments the style and air of the show well. I hope they continue using the effect in later episodes.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9