• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sankarea (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
SereneChaos wrote:
Are you talking about Sankarea, Dusk Maiden, or Phantom? Please don't include spoilers without making it obvious what one your talking about, especially in a thread for a different show.

Me? I do.t think I left anything of importance out of spoilers...
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Dalvyn wrote:
Me? I do.t think I left anything of importance out of spoilers...

You tagged the spoilers correctly.

SereneChaos was talking about Xanas who in turn was talking about Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (but forgot to say what series it was outside the tags).
Woody1193

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
So what's with that ending? It says one of two things:

Hey let's have a second season or
This is a crap-out ending for the anime.

Either way, it's clear that spoiler[her mind's degrading to the level of zombie we normally associate with.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
The 2nd ova was just released by fansubs and it was a weird one. It was basically a spoiler[dream] shared by Rea, her mother, and Furuya.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads-up on that. I hadn't even heard that there was going to be one.

Must hunt it down after tonight's party. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
OVA 2

I know that we have had some stories where it spoiler[turns out to be a shared dream], the fact is that I usually hate those kind of stories as they are total cop outs. But I actually thought that it was well used here as it seems to have been used to have one character spoiler[learn from it, which the mother seems to have realized that she was just being spiteful to Rea]. I found it intersting that spoiler[her mother had some] strange outfit that made her look like a fairy, it added an interesting bit to the mysterious and a hostile nature under the cute appearance.

My stupid theory during the OVA was that since she was a fairy she hated the undead, but it just got weird when we found that spoiler[her mother somehow turned herself into a child, and could make it hail]. A good little OVA, I did not remember that Rea had such an interest ing Zombie movies.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[The mystery girl was interesting.
Seems like their family collects stray girls.
The new girl really had it in for Rea. It was very strange.
Seems like it was all just a bad dream by Rea's stepmother.]

It was a pretty interesting ova.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Ep 13

With the way ep 13 ended it seems like there will most likely be a season 2. This was a cute episode told in the pov of Babu. It was adorable to see Babu show off to the female cat. Good thing Babu came to his senses spoiler[before he tried biting her.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Ahhhh, that's the stuff. I was missing my Sankarea fix. Yes, I'd say the chances of a season 2 are looking pretty good. If not, this was a pretty cruel episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Babu is basically spoiler[Edward Cullen] in cat form.

One thing that always felt off to me about romance in this series is that things are obviously going to deteriorate. Really only a matter of time before a limb/bone is broken and she has to cover herself in embalming chemicals. The worry was at the head of this episode, despite how happy the characters were.

And with the character in the end we got hints for a season 2 plot. Also got an explanation for the eating thing, seems that they spoiler[become confused and a sense of love can get mixed with instinct, and then they eat what they love].

Note: will we get spoiler[him in a dress]?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
That is... not what I imagined that character's voice being.

While a season 2 would be nice, it's entirely possible this episode was already planned and budgeted for before they saw the sales results for the show which, if I recall, were pretty dismal.
ajr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
The production side of this show must be interesting; I mean, given the amount of manga released at the time, they must have known they wouldn't be able to wrap it up in a single cour right from the start. I'm wondering who would fund an anime project where you're guaranteed not to have an ending, at least for the first season. Were they just trying to drive manga sales? If so, you think they'd pick something with more volumes.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote
ajr wrote:
I'm wondering who would fund an anime project where you're guaranteed not to have an ending, at least for the first season. Were they just trying to drive manga sales? If so, you think they'd pick something with more volumes.
That's how a lot of manga and LN adaptations work -- they're designed to increase sales of the source material. They usually don't wait until the source material is finished or nearly finished, because they want the buzz from the anime to impact source sales while the source material is still ongoing. Sometimes, they'll try to end the anime at the end of a semi-conclusive story arc, or create an anime-original ending (which almost never sits well with source-material purists), but the "325-minute manga commercial syndrome" is also quite likely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 24 of 24