• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most disturbing scenes in anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihonten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Your right sogekihei-neko spoiler[Its a very nice looking boat] but who would spoiler[Go on a boat like that when its a propriety of a psycho girl like her.]

And for what Dorcas_Aurelia said i think your right its true that neither girls are totally sane between the ears. And like you said im one of those who knew it before it cames but when its happening its a very shocking idea of an ending. I must say that Makoto is to blame in this because spoiler[he slept with almost all the girls in his classroom and keeps on telling that he loves only them.] what a complete bastard.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
The thing about School Days, though, was that lots of people who watched it were expecting something like that to happen. Plus, we'd had several episodes to observe Kotonoha's decent into madness, nor was Sekai the most stable of individuals either.

Well, I was expecting spoiler[someone to get offed, probably in a very bloody manner] but it still managed to be more disturbing than I was expecting. spoiler[The game cutscene I had seen before the anime was ever announced was laughably over the top. But the anime did it in a manner that was just f---ed up.]
Nihonten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote
Wow, you played the School Days game,i saw it on the web site but never tried it.

Is it fun, maybe i will try to play it. Even if the end is very weird i liked that serie. Just like Elfen lied you must take a back step to see the good things in those kind of series.

I forgot to talk about one scene in an anime who has kept be speechless. maybe its not gory like the two previous one but its quite surprising.

the name is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or if you like better Rumbling Hearts the scene is not gory or anything like that but it leaves you on a bad feeling. spoiler[When at the end of the first episode i think, When Haruka (i think its her name but not sure) get her accident while she wait for Narumi to come to their Date, Narumi is calmy talking with the other girl who i forgot her name. And the end credits is very Heartbreaking. ]
edwardRB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
Well I'm here to say what I think is the most disturbing scene I ever saw in anime. Well the one that always struck me the most was this scene in Elfen Lied(SURPRISE!!) spoiler[where this lady had her stomach ripped apart by the one little girl], but it wasn't the violence that got to me, it was the fact that the lady looked like an anime version of my little sister which made me cringe.
Da Games Elite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote
For me, the most disturbing scenes in any anime are as follows.

For one, Higurashi was all around disturbing and bleak. First season, anyway. Needless to say, spoiler[the whole thing with Shion knocking off her fingernails, Rika stabbing herself to death while Shion laughed, and the Satoko crucification that really bothered me.] But the rest of the series was no way as disturbing as those three scenes.

Another seriously disturbing show was Elfen Lied. spoiler[The child molestation scene and the dog killing scene really bothered me, especially the latter. Just those kids killing animals...and laughing and smiling about it...I felt so bad for Lucy...]

Although Neon Genesis Evangelion, save for spoiler[the Mind Rape scene with Asuka], wasn't all too disturbing, the End of Evangelion was absolutely screwed up, in particular spoiler[One More Final: I Need You] I'd rank that as by far the single most bonechilling, disturbing sequence...ever...in anime...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Nihonten wrote:
Wow, you played the School Days game,i saw it on the web site but never tried it.

Is it fun, maybe i will try to play it. Even if the end is very weird i liked that serie. Just like Elfen lied you must take a back step to see the good things in those kind of series.

No, I've never played the game. I just saw a clip of one of the endings on YouTube. As I said before, the anime ending is different from any of the game endings, so you won't spoil yourself on the anime by seeing any of them.
killua9101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
in Hunter X Hunter (forgot which episode). when killua is fighting the serial killer in the tower so they can pass the hunter exam. he just walks past the guy and he is holding the guy's heart, still beating in his hand, when the serial killer begs for it back he squishes is and the guy collapes. Very Happy
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Just...the beginning of Texhnolyze should get special mention for having so much potent violent and sexual imagery when you DON'T know what the heck is going on yet.

And all the heavy breathing. It's the most painful-sounding extended breathing you'll ever listen to. -.-'
skyfishing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quote
heres one with no violence and has nothing to do with tentacles. i just finished watching an episode near the middle of welcome to the nhk and the series so far was very entertaining. Near the end of the episode it flashes forward to the supposed future. spoiler[there it shows satou as a fifty year old who plays a game similar to wow. he's morbidly obese and looks as though he hasn't gotten up in years.] The bloated vampire from the movie Blade comes to mind.

actually i guess the entire episode (16 i think) strays into the wierd side but this scene takes the cake on disturbing.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote
skyfishing wrote:
heres one with no violence and has nothing to do with tentacles. i just finished watching an episode near the middle of welcome to the nhk and the series so far was very entertaining. Near the end of the episode it flashes forward to the supposed future. spoiler[there it shows satou as a fifty year old who plays a game similar to wow. he's morbidly obese and looks as though he hasn't gotten up in years.] The bloated vampire from the movie Blade comes to mind.

actually i guess the entire episode (16 i think) strays into the wierd side but this scene takes the cake on disturbing.

It was episode 16. I just recently got around to finishing that volume, and must agree that the flash-forward mentioned was nearly as unsettling as the strongest graphic content I've seen in anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote
One scenes that still disturbs me comes from the second episode of Code Geass where spoiler[ the Britannian Army fires upon the crown of elevens].
wolfsbane12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 am Reply with quote
The first time I saw it it really screwed me up was when we learn the truth about Rei from Eva. That scene coupled with the earlier strangulation scene (flashback episode) almost made me stop watching the show.
Mogalike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Violence-wise, umm..

Genocyber: The orphans spoiler[getting machinegunned by the helicopter] at the start of the second story arc.

Lily C.A.T.: The crew's pet cat spoiler[being pinned down, skinned, and stripped to the skeleton (exposing its lungs and beating heart) by the monster ]

Legend of the Overfiend: Two words - spoiler["exploding nurse."]

Lately, shows like Strike Witches disturb me, but for totally different reasons.
dennou_san

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
I find the puppy killing scene in Elfen Lied one of the most "why? why do they have to do that?!" scenes in recent memory. It wasn't cringe-worthy or anything, but it was a disturbing moment. Also, that scene is one of the saving graces in Elfen Lied's almost apparent lack of raw and powerful emotions.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
I thought it was a bit disturbing and entirely "WTF?" worthy in Xam'd Lost Memories when (I do mean major spoilers here) spoiler[Furuichi beheads himself in episode 14. He Xam's his hand and uses it to decapitate himself. I think we were expecting Furuichi to be defeated by Akiyuki in the episode, but that doesn't seem to happen and instead Furuichi beheads himself at the end of the episode. I did not see that one coming at all].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 33