• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Actually, I Am… (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the idea that the sensation of falling would make Youko naturally want to open her wings. Considering how absentminded she can be, I'm a little surprised she noticed all of Asahi's cans but it's probably better that he did. I suspect, however, she didn't really put together all those cans + Asahi only thought she was coming.

killjoy_the wrote:
Still, that "give Youko to me" comment was all kinds of weird.

Given the show's tone and how things went with Mikan, I suspect the bark is far worse than the bite.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Heh, I think Kuromine friend zoned himself this episode. Funny stuff though with Shiho. Since there's two characters sharing the same body, there's going to be lot of misunderstandings.

Speaking of which, Nagisa overreacted imo.
She's not wrong about the logic that she read from earth BL manga/comics though if that's what she was thinking at first lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6 you mean.

Well I wasn't expecting gender switch... Now, I have to say I'm finding it difficult to get used to Kuromine's character design, his face specifically. There's something about the way he looks that just irritates me. He always looks like he's really nervous or something. I guess that's kind of part of his personality, but... argh! It makes me wanna punch him.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Heh, I think Kuromine friend zoned himself this episode.

I think he was pretty firmly in the friend zone before this episode started. However unlike most residents there he seems to have a pretty clear path on how to get out -- just make Shirigami jealous.

I thought Kerosine actually did a pretty good job standing up to the intimidating male form of Shiho. He held his ground surprisingly.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Now this was pretty funny, it took its time and really built up to the rapid fire switches of tough guy Shiro and pervert Shiho. A bunch of highlights but I haveto to mention the visual gag of the idea of Shiro wearing a bra and him afraid of what could have been done to his/her body.

And it looks like Shiho able to push Shiragami that she showed clear jealousy and the main point was that she was trying to tease her about it. I really enjoyed some of this chemistry, how Shiragami worked it worked with her childhood friend was fun. And Kuromine trying to match in acting tough.

I was a bit worried of adding in ecchi, but Shiro and Shiho countering each other is quite good. I expect to see him in a skirt soon.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I feel like an idiot. It took me this long to figure out the whole gag with Nagisa's constant overreaction was her trait against expectations that all the characters seem to enjoy. She's a highly trained operative who is never prepared.

It'll be interesting to see how the story's pervert works out now that she's present. The show's had an interesting take on how to handle sex humor/topics so far so I think she may be more interesting than it first appears. I hope so, anyway - not because I'm disappointed with the her thus far but just because I'm really liking the series and wish the best for it.

Cam0 wrote:
He always looks like he's really nervous or something. I guess that's kind of part of his personality, but... argh! It makes me wanna punch him.

People being nervous makes you want to punch them? No wonder they're nervous around you. "Whatever you do, don't think about breathing." Razz
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
He always looks like he's really nervous or something. I guess that's kind of part of his personality, but... argh! It makes me wanna punch him.

People being nervous makes you want to punch them? No wonder they're nervous around you. "Whatever you do, don't think about breathing." Razz

Oops, may have been talking about myself there. . . . There's something about the way he looks. Like his face seems really flat aside from his nose and his pupils are too small. That combined with his rather "whiny" voice just grinds my gears. Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Heh, well that kinda amusing. Not only does Kuromine encounter Akane (the girl with the weird horns), he gets his own little fan service show huh?

What a lucky dude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
It may be odd to say this, but I found this episode a bit too bananas. Akane just using magic to set everything up felt like a cop-out if it even makes sense to say that in a show like this. Shiragami treating Akane like a child was a bit amusing, but in my opinion this was the weakest episode so far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Well I still think it funny how Shiragami is so dense that she really misunderstands the situation, and it really is not ditzy, she just feels like a funny character. Also that despite being dense Shiragami could see through Akane's obvious childish nature, and that particularly because they try to act like "adults" just makes them look childish.

So the idea was that Akane showed herself on purpose to tease them, she wanted him to follow her thinking she was something, then reveal she wasn't before teasing him again. And then putting in the foil of the teacher, which I think is a good addition to our MC.

It felt kind of unnecessary for Aizawa's spaceship to show up, but I do like its goofy cute look.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 is a weaker episode, but I like effort Shiragami is putting in to impressing Kuromine. It feels unique too. Usually female characters try to appeal to a male love interest, rather than impress. She's bad at it, but it's a comedy after all. Sadly for her, I'm not sure our protagonist is confident enough to appreciate the efforts.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Tasty episode. I mean mostly the curry though, not the other food. The banana or whatever Shiho made looks malicious lol

The part of with saving the world for food made me giggle a bit.
Also, did Nagisa bring a hunting knife to the cooking session?
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Comedy can be very hit-and-miss and unfortunately these past two episodes have been misses for me. I wish they'd go back to what I initially liked about this show: Kuromine's inability to keep secrets, romance and Youko's secret being blown. Well hopefully we'll get back to that soon.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Comedy can be very hit-and-miss and unfortunately..

Personally I have had more than enough of the cooking-trope comedy in all anime. We did get a moment of Shokugeki no Soma in there with the chocolate cake foodgasm but I just as soon go to that anime for that. Other than that it is mostly miss and very little hit.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:48 am Reply with quote
What I hate about a lot of comedy shows is that all the funny events are mostly forgotten in the next episode. That's why comedy-only shows aren't usually my thing. There has to be something else in there to keep my interest (usually romance), something to chain the episodes together so that funny episodes won't feel like worthless filler. So when the comedy isn't working, at least there's something else to appreciate. I can definitely forgive this show for wasting a couple episodes, but I really hope they go back to the "plot" soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7