• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
IMO ep. 9 is the best episode so far, the new artwork for some of the still screens is great and the music shines in this episode.

spoiler[lots of things happened, shin and hiromi find out they arnt siblings but yea it was done way too calm. Noe basically breaks up with Shin when she finds out that Shin still has feelings for Hiromi.

it looks like finally Shin's mom wants to become friends with Hiromi after the years of verbal abuse to her. the bike crash was wierd, they were too calm and sitting on the icy wet road would be really cold too. the thing i dont get is why is Noe's brother suspended??]

episode 10 looks like its going to be great, its also time to order the OST to this anime.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
GOD!!!! Episode 10 is by far the best episode for me!!!!!!

I hope it will stay like this until the end. Whoa this is definitely going to be in the same league as EF if things are to stay how it is.

I'm liking this series more in more, the pairing is in my favor so far. Crossing my fingers that spoiler[Shin'ichiro and Hiromi will end up together].

Episode 10 is terrific, spoiler[especially the chasing scene], love the soundtrack too!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cool3865

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quote
ep.10 started out slow but then picked up...

spoiler[biggest thing is that Hiromi finally moved from the house but Shin chases her, more than likely to declare his love for her.

Ai is no longer intrested in Shin anymore and broke up with Shin's friend (forgot his name).

have no idea what Noe is going to do now, but its starting to look like episode 11 will be when Shin declares his love to Hiromi.]

cant wait for ep.11, this anime has surpassed my expectations
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
If anyone is wondering where to get that eufonius song used as an insert song at the end of episode 10 there will be an "Insert & Image Song" album coming out ithe 16th of April.

Anyway

Episode 9
spoiler[Glad to see I was right on the money about Shin's mother lying, also I really liked that hug scene at the start]

Episode 10
spoiler[Awesome end to the episode with the chase of Hiromi by Shin on his bike, great use of the insert song to really lift that scene to another level.]

Episode 11 Preview
spoiler[That has to be Jun that Hiromi is directing that line towards, I know the producers like to mess around with people in the next episode previews but it just wouldn't make sense if that was said to Shin.]

Future Events speculation
spoiler[I'm not exactly celebrating a Hiromi x Shin pairing just yet but you can say I'm prepared for the "party". I do expect them to get at least one more hurdle to climb over aside from them currently being in a relationship with Jun and Noe. I expect Hiromi to end her relationship with Jun next episode though.]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
@Westlo I miss your post for episode 9, where have you been?

Anyway I like reading you're speculations and predictions because sometimes we have the same ideas.

Well yeah it turns out as how we predicted the sibling misunderstanding.

What was the line again that Hiromi said in the preview? Can't remember cause I don't pay attention to the lines, I only look at the pictures. Lol.

Yeah I can't celebrate yet because Noe still have a chance because there's 3 more episodes to go. But I'm crossing my fingers in here....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
I was reading a lot of manga last week so I cut down on my True Tears posts lol.

Anyway back to the episode 11 preview line

spoiler[Hiromi says "The one you love isn't me", this is also the title of the next episode. Now this has to be directed at Jun, it's the only person it makes sense for and it clears one of the remaining hurdles for the eventually Hiromi x Shin pairings.

Jun had to hold back from careesing Noe's face in episode.. 2 I think, Jun went out with Hiromi for the sake of Noe just like Shin went out with Noe for Hiromi. Jun says something along the lines of "It's painful not being able to love the things you love" to Hiromi when he meets her at the park. Hiromi knows that Jun has a sister complex for Noe and calls him a siscon in episode 8.

Taking all that into account as well as Shin's hug of Hiromi in episode 9 and the great chase scene in 10 it would be illogical for Hiromi to be saying that to Shin.]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote
Lol what are you reading anyway?

You've made such a good conclusion, spoiler[but I thought the one that said "The one you love isn't me" was Noe, because if Hiromi says that to Jun it doesn't make sense because Jun doesn't have anyone he love???? I'm so confuse in here. But if Noe says that line to Shin it would fit the circumstances better because we know that Shin loves Hiromi.] Or Am I just mixing Hiromi and Noe's voices?!?

Sorry for the confusion.
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote
Stuff like Mx0, Pretty Face, Psyren, D. Gray Man, Special A, Pastel, Parallel and shamefully Vampire Knight. As well as keeping up with the lastest releases for quite a few other titles.

spoiler[It's Hiromi's voice and the one Jun loves is Noe]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Stuff like Mx0, Pretty Face, Psyren, D. Gray Man, Special A, Pastel, Parallel and shamefully Vampire Knight. As well as keeping up with the lastest releases for quite a few other titles.

spoiler[It's Hiromi's voice and the one Jun loves is Noe]

I think I better hear it again. spoiler[Yup Jun loves Noe very much that's why he's really serious about the deal. Men, he's dead serious that he doesn't want to break-up with Hiromi for the sake of his little sister.]

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Have you read Absolute Boyfriend, Wild Ones or Monkey High?
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
Can't say I've read those 3 manga titles.

Anyway remember that song I was telling you about which made me positive about the final pairing? They played the first half of it in episode 10.

spoiler[Track #30 starts playing when Hiromi mentions to Shin that we they were young they went to a festival together. The first half is the more subdued part of the song, the second half which made me more confident of the Shin X Hiromi ending has yet to be played. I'm sure it will be used when they finally confess to each other, I would feel cheated if that second half of the song was used for Noe or Aiko if they somehow end up being who Shin ends up with. I always felt the song fit the Shin and Hiromi pairing perfectly...

Also I can't get enough of that last scene of Shin chasing after Hiromi, think I've watched it ten times already. The animation, music (eufonius ftw) and voice acting was just perfect. That would've been a great final scene for the show if it ended with both confessing. Easily the highlight of the show so far from my perspective.

Also I watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode and that picture Hiromi say was the first one we see Shin draw in the show. I completely forgot about it but in my defense I've watched/read a lot of anime/manga since I saw that episode.]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
I'm really amazed on how passionate you are in posting when it comes to True Tears......

Now that you mentioned the track, again I did not even remember the song played when they were talking about the night of festival.
But I agree on you about the song should only be played for Shin and Hiromi's scenes.

I concur, spoiler[I really love the chasing scene, I thought it was really poignant. I'm a sucker for such moving scene. I know, that scene would be very perfect and masterpiece if it ended with a confession. Well better luck next time.]

I can't even remember the first episode, I only spoiler[remembered the part where Shin wanted to understand what Hiromi feels and that he wanted to be closer to her. I also remembered how Shin met Noe at the top of the tree.]

Well if this series ended up really great, I'll be rewatching it again and I'll give my 100% attention. I'll be re-watching this series again just like EF. I've seen EF seven times before.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
I like to post a lot about stuff I really enjoy, of course only if that show allows me to discuss it a lot in the first place which True Tears does. For instance with Baccano! my fav anime show from last year you really couldn't say anything more than describe what happened in an episode and pretty much just go, "wow that was awesome".

Ending scene of 10
spoiler[I just hope the final confession scene in 13 is close to how great the end scene of 10 is.]

Also wow at having watched ef seven times already, I haven't even watched a single episode in that series twice yet. Though I've seen the two phone call scenes in episode 7 and 10 about 10 times. Great scenes with amazing music and voice acting and I love the way SHAFT did them. I just don't have the time to re watch stuff since my backlog is so big, not even counting fansubs I have like 20-30 dvds to go through.

Last edited by Westlo on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen Baccano! myself, but my friend told me that it was great. Is it romance genre or something?

Definitely. I have high expectation for episode 13, since episode 10 was nicely written and done. It will be a disaster if the last episode will be just like ep 9 (spoiler[with the silent atmosphere and slow pacing while lots of things are happening]). I hope they have come up with better scenes just like the chasing.

EF is a very memorable anime for me because this series is the first series that I need to wait every week for new episodes. I really love EF especially the pairing of Renji and Chihiro and their love story.

Oh yeah about the phone booth scene, I was a little irritated when I've seen it over and over. But I must say it was genius. And also in ep. 7 where spoiler[Miyako can't call Hiro, the writing that eventually covered the entire screen was oriniginal (my opinion) and as well as inventive.] Although I hate the screeching sound at the end, it was ear splitting.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Baccano! is just awesome, no other way to describe it 8-) It's not in the romance genre though there are some nice romantic developments throughout the series.

Oh yeah I'll quote a post by cloudninja from another forum which I can't talk about here. I believe he summed up track #30 perfectly.

Quote:
In response about what you said about #30 in another post somewhere, I agree that #30 will probably be played more fully in the last episode. The first half of that song has a wistful and hopeful quality to it that matched the episode 10 scene where Hiromi was talking about her memory of their time together at the festival and the reason why she decided to move into his house, because of Shin. The second half of the song gives a sense of triumphant happiness which matches what I expect in the last episode.

Oh yeah another poster said that "Afure Deru Kimochi" translates to "Overflowing Feelings" which really only applies to Hiromi and Shin. Track #31 kinda continues the "triumphant happiness" theme from the second half of track 30 while track 32 is just another nice variation on Reflectia.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, well if Track 31 spoiler[is for Hiromi and Shin, then it means they'll be together in the end. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9