• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of Uruk.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud1989

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I liked the second episode, it turned very serious but I think it still maintained its quality. I was actually a bit more drawn in for this episode than other animes I have recently been watching, I actually am anxious( which doesn't happen ofter) to get the next one, especially since I am curious as to how Jil will get himself out of this mess, it does seem to be a fairly typical fantasy, I will give it that though, doesn't bring anything new but is still fun.
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
Actually I kind of wanted it to get a bit serious, I mean the first episode was funny and all but...eh I don't know I guess I just felt this might have been more fun to watch if it took a serious approach. As far as the episode goes I think I want to know more about spoiler[the two new team members with Jil and why those guys assinated the king. ]

I thought it was a pretty good second episode... slightly cliched, I suppose, but I think this series seems a bit more interesting to me now that it is serious, I mean it isn't like this was anything spectacular, but I still have hopes for this series yet. Anywho thats just my take on it.
Courbet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I enjoyed episode two much more than episode one, although the first did make me laugh alot.

All of the character interactions seem very weak and scripted but one does get the distinct feeling that this is done on purpose and that Druaga spoiler[ is most probably a game world (WoW). Not really a spoiler as the opening seems to allude to this as well, however if ti doesnt end up being a game world or something similar, then the dialogue and scripting is just plain bad, lol.]
Jih2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Just watched episode 2 and I have to say that there are some flaws and the series does feel like it's aimed at a lower age group than what the first episode revealed. I do like the music and visuals though. I think I'll continue to watch simply because this is free and Gonzo should get support for sticking their necks out but if this were released on DVD I just don't think I'd buy it. Maybe the series will turn into something really enjoyable but it would appear that anime has yet another fantasy series that I find below par due to its weak script and mundane feel. Despite the occasional bore I get from an episode I am still a little intrigued as to what's going to happen next, however, I sense the cliffhanger won't be as dire as the series portrays it to be.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
I really liked the second ep. The first was hillarious, but wouldn't hold up for more than one episode. The second felt like it would be a fun and interesting adventure series.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
The second episode was fun with some bad writing and dialogue that could have only been intentional, despite having very little if any of the over-the-top comedy and satire found in the first episode, so it looks like I'll keep watching this show to see where it goes.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
The second episode surprised me. I liked it a whole lot more than I initially thought at first glance. It was much more serious this time around (which some bits of comedy here and), but it was done well enough for me to like it. I think I'll continue watching this series. I have confidence in the series, since it is from the director of Last Exile after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IamnotArmand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quote
Judging from the reactions, I would almost think there were two second episodes as well. The one I saw wasn't serious at all! That kid must have a ton of hit points. I particularly liked his spoiler[complete misinterpretation of the assassination discussion] which goes to show that his eccentricities in the dream sequence do indeed carry over to his waking moments. I'm looking forward to episode three, and I hope the remainder of his party is as fun as the first half that's been assembled.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5....go watch....be amused, now!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b5XmnBO7jnE

spoiler[Never before a series has so many traps in an episode like furries, 8-bit mode, traps, Coopa and so on! And then there's the Roper dance, Kayaa's nyaaing (how DARE you dump her into the mud Evil or Very Mad), and bouncing oneself!]
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
that felt a lot like the first episode. i wish they would have more like this.
Ariolander

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quote
Really I don't get why people don't get this humor or call it cheesy. It is all tongue in cheek and I like. the last episode was especially good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omar235

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Even if no one gets or likes the humor this one sentence alone is enough to watch the show for.

"Jil this is Roper's Song, passed down for generations! Put a Roper on the Roper's back, and put another Roper on that ones back, On the moonlight beach, the teary-eyed Roper lays its eggs"

Ah the many infrences that can be made no mater if they did or didn't expect them to be made.

Ahmey was funny too in this episode you just had to smirk at the gender swiching incident, when she walked out of the mens hot spring after they just called Jil a pervert for trying to get into the womens... which by the way was priceless when everything got turned 2-D.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I just saw ep 5, I laughed, I was reminded of Ep1. I'm actually kinda glad they are doing it this way. I think if they made every episode this funny it'd be kinda hard, and probably end up with some failing moments. As is they space it out enough and keep it fairly fresh. Good stuff, definitely liking this show a lot, good writing, lots of cool and funny characters, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
8JF

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I just watched episode 5 and it returned to the silly fun of the first episode. I would really like a few more episodes to have this much fun in them. This is not a series that should take itself serious. Bring on the fun!
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
I love this series. I love the spoiler[tentacle rape spoof thing] in the spoiler. I love Jil and Kaaya's chemistry. spoiler[Clearly, it is of the romantic sort is a cliche/somewhat of a rule for the main anime boy and girl to have a romantic attraction.]. Anyone ever notice how something like I love the spoiler[] sounds like a dirty word or phrase being censored a bit?[/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5