• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Working!! (Wagnaria!!) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
So that is the source of Kozue's crazy attention seeking. Never thought I would be so sad about her, but her name not even being remembered is horrible. I found parts like her wanting to kiss the sister, and climbing a light pole to be funny.

Also Souta's dressing as a girl seems to have come from it too.

She managed to get Izumi to do something.

Overall, I kind of like the mother character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 11:

YES, it finally happened. After many episodes and two seasons, I am quite happy to see this come to light. Best episode of the season so far imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
YES, it finally happened. After many episodes and two seasons, I am quite happy to see this come to light. Best episode of the season so far imo.

I was fully prepared for yet another episode of stuttering, misdirection, misunderstanding, denial and accidents. I am so glad they moved past that.

In the middle of all of it these characters show odd little flashes of maturity and poise, which is good. Another little surprise along that line was that it is one thing to spoiler[have her spend the night], but then actually able to talk about it among the girls (including Takanashi lol) the next morning. Normally you would expect all sorts of embarrassing attempts to hide stuff like that and we get to escape that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
I liked the part of the break when you see the people move in the background, with Souta having to take Popura and Souma from spying on them.

Love-struck Yachiyo is kind of cute.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 12

Lol, the first love of Yamada (brother) was Satou, mistaking him dressed as a girl when they were little. Yamada playing along with pretending he did not know Kotori was him was funny.

Souta was working through his problems, and it looks like we will finally have a conclusion to this series next episode.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
This dream will probably keep up some people awake:

Funny episode this week again. Yamada still remains quite relevant and we get some "love" in the air.

And they already put her in the OP.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Working!! is doing something that really intrigues me this season; They're parodying "kill 'em all" shows by killing all their running gags, one in each episode.

Irina punching Souta? Dead and quite early in the series. No one mourned.

Souma and Yachiyo's question of a relationship? Dead... and how far did they get already anyway? "Please touch Daisy where he touched you."

Souta's blindness about Irina liking him? Dead.

Yamada and her brother, Yamada and her freeloading, Yamada and entirely Yamada, I guess? The first ones would be described by more demanding people as "plot progression" but as a fan of the School Rumble school of "status quo" romantic comedy comedy, this is starting to get depressing.

Looks like Otoo will finally find his wife too. They're not just ending the series, they're ending everything about it.

The manga it's based on ended a few moths ago so yeah, the series will be close up most of it's loose ends if not all.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote

What a priceless moment lol.
The date felt a bit fast but imo funny to see just like the third season. I don't have much to say for Working Season 3 but overall was a fun show especially the last couple of episodes.

And oh, we are getting an hour special coming soon. I saw the promo and it sure looks different than the usual stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
What a priceless moment lol.

I like how they were able to talk things out. Inami has come a long way.

The bit about the confrontation with Inami's dad had every marking ad setup to be truly awful -- but wasn't somehow.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 13 (finale, for now)

Was getting worried there would not be enough time to wrap up the Inami and Souta thing, but it looks like we have a special awaiting just for that. Although we cannot quite tell exactly what we will be getting, he promotion for it looked fantasy like, which kind of makes me happy because it reminds me of one of my favourite gags of the season of Magical Girl Popura. Maybe show gags in a surreal way.

Overall I have been quite happy with the season. I have not watched anime for an incredibly long time, 2010 was actually fairly early in my concentrated effort to watch what was on, and Working!! was one I remember. And against expectations the season kind of broke expectations by actually tearing down running gags, and giving some closure. The manager found his wife, Satou and Yachiyo got closer, Yamada's family situation was resolved, Inami really stopped punching, and Souta admitted he could like Inami. I also think the show did something really surprising, while I hated Yamada when I watched the previous seasons, Yamada was actually great this season, where there was a lot to her, I think she was used very well.

I will say that despite moving comparatively quick in places, there were times not much happened. I think that there was not much in terms of brand new gags, and a couple were gone. Like as the episode mentioned Satou changing Popura's hair, I kind of miss that. We had less of Popura being played around with, and more of her growing as a character. Not waiting for the special, I give the season a rating of Very good, a worthy follow up of the previous two seasons. Also mention the theme songs, like the last two there is a cute opening (which actually had some differences at times) sung by the girls, and a cool ending sung by the boys.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yamada was actually great this season, where there was a lot to her, I think she was used very well.

I always felt a bit bad for her about how all the other characters (except for Otoo and wife) treated her. True she was a slacker and a ditz but she was still clearly just a kid on her own. An obvious underage runaway. Instead of ever trying to find out what kind of trouble she was in everyone took a bit pleasure in kicking her around a bit for a joke. They stuck her in the attic without even a key to the building to get in at night. The closest anyone ever came to providing her any guidance is Takanashi telling her it was all just tough love. Beyond that everyone else acted as if they just as soon she disappear.

So while I agree that Yamada is a good character in the sense of keeping the comedy going there was usually a feeling of something sad about her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:11 am Reply with quote
Special, Lord of the Takanashi (Series Finale)

Closure, we had full closure with the series. Well first the above title of the 50 minute episode seems a bit odd, and brings to mind the fantasy like promotion bit which showed Inami as some sort of warrior with Popura as her sidekick fairy. That not a literal scene that happened, it was just replayed again at the start of the episode. It did kind of lead up to a really good set of scenes where the episode name references to, Inami has to face the Takanashi sisters on her way to convince their mother to let Souta work. The entire thing I was wondering if Popura would play some part in it, and in the end she was the final piece. Laughing The offering part was hilarious.

A slice of life like this having a definitive end is kind of sad in some ways, but it is great, we got all the confessions and characters moving forward. Ending this with an incredibly speedy summary of the series clips to Someone Else was simply perfect.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I loved the ending to this series and it makes me sad to the show end. Hopefully, we may get to see the Working!!/Servant x Service crossover drama as an animated special.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote
That was ... nice.

I come from a family of crazy women so I can definitely relate to Souta's situation.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I loved the ending to this series and it makes me sad to the show end. Hopefully, we may get to see the Working!!/Servant x Service crossover drama as an animated special.

I really like Servant x Service too, so more of that in general would also be nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6