• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuyushiki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I could write about the episode, or I could have a Mario Kart tournament.

Seems that at least Kei has a yuri crush. Noticed more than normal the difference Yui treats her friends in that Yukari really was just as bad as Yuzuko, but Yui hardly gets angry at her.

I saw some of the Dihydrogen Monoxide coming, the subject reminded me of what I learned in High school chemistry.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I think I might get slightly disappointed if we don't see a kiss happen before the end of the show
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I think if we tune in long enough, we'll get something along the lines of the infamous (?) hallway sequence from Nyarko...

Or at least I'm hoping we will.

But yeah, damn, casual conversation about chest groping WTF
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
The other trio of girls have basically become main characters with the amount of screen time they have been getting lately. I hope they show the 6 of them hanging out at Fumi's house next week. I just noticed that Yuzuko likes dressing up like a tomboy. Maybe that is why she is 2nd fiddle to Yukari in Yui's heart Smile.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
one of the best moments in this episode was Yuzuko spoiler[randomly grabbing Kei's side]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Sometimes this show's bits land beautifully for me and sometimes they get up my nose. This episode was more of a "get up my nose" thing, although anything with Mom-sensei was great. That lady needs her own show. She's owned my heart ever since the first time we saw her in class when she clapped to get the class's attention and was really pleased with how the middle clap came out.

Hope to see more of the Three Other Girls next time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 10
I haven't posted here for awhile but this series is really amusing in a good way that brings joy to me every Tuesday. The three girls are just so fun to watch with their cute expressions. The 'confession' was cute too and along with the 'battle formations' lol.

I can't wait for next week's episode~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Nooooo I was hoping we would see the 6 in Fumi's house. The other 3 didn't even show up this episode.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
I cracked up when I saw this:

The sense of humour in this show is at times endearingly wacky.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

As a guy, was I the only one who got a little excited from this:

Also had the random thought that Yuzuko's bed hair is cute.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, it did succeed in making me rethink where things might be headed. Before I was exclusively thinking of them as "Yui harem" and the other girls to be future additions, but now I get the feeling that the relationship would be far too multipolar for such an appellation.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
what got me the most this episode was Mom walking in the room at an awkward moment, and the shading around the poor armless art doll.
SashaNein

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
Bought a Roku 2 Anime hyper, then proceeded to watch the first 10 episodes of this show with the Crunchyroll app. Underrated by the ANN people, giving it ratings of "weak" and "bad". Guess they want their Yuri or something. Going by the rating system, I'd give the show a sorta Good.. plus. Good+. Good+Oppai.

Amazing how far we've come with anime. First there was tape trading, then cd-r trading, then videos put on weird box-lists, then torrents, now legit simulcast streams that air english subtitled versions one hour after they air in Japan. It took a while, but it looks like at least some anime companies or television studios finally get it.

I have no idea how crunchyroll can turn a profit with all these licenses, but I hope it keeps going. I told them they wouldn't be worth my money until they got on consoles like the Xbox 360, and they did it. Now there's like 4 rooms in the house I can watch it on. I know it's a stretch for them to ask for a Wii app since the Wii was abandoned before the Wii-U even came out and Netflix/Hulu came out near the very end, so that's what the Roku's for. So far, Yuyushiki's been a surprisingly good show. Not excellent, certainly not average or bad, but definitely good. I'm disappointed that only 13 episodes are scheduled, but it seems like that's more popular these days than the usual 26. Even the fourth Slayers series was spit into two 13-episode series for seemingly no reason.

I guess shows are going for quality over quantity, but anime not named Slayers are not really known for being able to wrap up their stories in 26 episodes, even the best of them. (Trigun?) It's like around episode 25 the writers flip the F out as though they've just been told they won't be given another 13 episodes. Kare Kano is guilty of this. They completely screwed up. Then again, maybe it was just a giant ad to tell people to go buy the manga to read the rest of the story and resolve all the looming subplots that were completely brushed aside and ignored at the end. Took 13 years for me to get the entire manga. UUUGH. Hell, Gainax in general has poor anime endings.

Yuyushiki might have some sequel, then again maybe not. I'm just not a fan of the 12-13 episode fad that's gained tons of steam. It used to be the exception and not the rule.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
so, what exactly does rain smell like? We got more Aikawa, but still not enough of her friends. found this on tvtropes.

http://polyaness.com/
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm rating this as very good. The show wasn't under my radar until a friend of mine posted his thoughts on it. Anyways, this was a very adorable and cute series and I enjoyed watching cute girls doing cute things. Yui-channnnn :3 I will miss you and the other girls as well. Hoping for a season 2..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6