• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit unsatisfied with the opening of episode 11. I was looking forward spoiler[to the continuation of the chasing scene but instead the episode opens six weeks after Hiromi moved out of the house....]

Well I noticed that sometimes, the situations or episodes heightens and after that, back to normal again.

Episode 11 was done in calmness (I suppose). One thing that made this episode great for me, spoiler[is the part where Hiromi kissed Shin'ichiro].

Everything is coming to a conclusion, but for some reason the ending felt like a big cliff hanger. spoiler[I get the feeling that Hiromi might give-up Shin to Noe.]

And also, spoiler[if Noe is to throw Jibeta, well I infer that she's the one who took Raigomaru in the first place. Dang Noe just lost her marbles, poor Jibeta I hope he doesn't die]. I do love chickens I used to have 24 chickens in our backyard back in country.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
At this stage it would take some excellent writing to spoiler[make a plausible and well written ending for Shin and Noe. Of course that means nothing in regards to whether she will end up with him (I'm sure the makers of Samurai Deeper Kyo didn't think their ending was well written) or not but I just hope her fanbase realizes it instead of ignoring it because their fav girl wins.]
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
ep.11 is really good

spoiler[i wasnt surprise that Hiromi went up to Shin and kissed him, im surprised that AI and Shin's friend (can never remember his name) got back together.

alot of references to the picture story that Shin is writing in this one, especially at the end of the book when Jebita died from trying to fly, then we see Noe at the edge of the beach due to that she cant take the pain and suffering anymore. In order for her to be free she wants to fly, but that is mainly a metaphore for her wanting to commite suicide.

i wonder what is going to happen to her and Shin in ep.12]

once again another great episode and great music to go along with it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:

Everything is coming to a conclusion, but for some reason the ending felt like a big cliff hanger. spoiler[I get the feeling that Hiromi might give-up Shin to Noe.]

I'm a little worried they are going that direction. I'm really hoping they don't because it would be virtually impossible to do that in a satisfying way after spending half the series building up to a spoiler[Shin x Hiromi pairing] and with only two episodes remaining to do a reversal.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
Episode 11 was done in calmness (I suppose). One thing that made this episode great for me, spoiler[is the part where Hiromi kissed Shin'ichiro].

Kinda like a "calmness before the storm," I suppose? Razz

I haven't posted here in a while, but now that I'm keeping up with the epsides, I might as well post my thoughts about the series as a whole since episode one. spoiler[What I've liked best about this particular romance so far is that you couldn't really "tell" who was going to be with the main character. It could really go either way (Hiromi vs. Noe) the whole time. But it seems like we're going to find out very soon. I'm still not really sure who I want to "win," so I won't speculate any further.

I really like Hiromi a lot more since the beginning. She really seems to have changed into a better character overall. And Shinichiro finally realized that he needs to make a decision.]

Ep. 11's last scene there was quite the cliffhanger. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Episode 12 was bizarre. Shin is not a great character after all. It seems as if he's lost and will always remain that way. IN episode 12, since I saw it unsubbed and can't speak or read Japanese, figured that Shin is having thought abouts Noe while going out with Hiromi. IN the episode or episodes prior Shin ran to Hiromi ridiculously, almost as if in love, but now rather he's thinking about the chicken girl, Noe. He even runs after her at the end of the episode, which made me hate him even more. He's such a pathetic character.]
chichiriNoDa wrote:

Nice analysis. Your pretty smart; good stuff. I didn't notice it, but now that I think about it, its noticeable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Guys seriously... about 12...

spoiler[Shin has to resolve his situation with Noe before he can fully commit to Hiromi. After the extremely Hiromi centric episodes of 9 and 10 it was only common sense that things went back to Noe before finishing with Hiromi. Also the first rule of romance shows is you do not want to be the first person talked to in the last episode. I can point to ef (Ep 10 might as well be considered the last episode of the Hiro storyline) and another fall show that just ended as proof of that, same with KGNE. Look at reality dating shows like Joe Millionare and the Bachelor, the runner up gets dealt with first.

Also they are heavily setting it up for a modern version of the sandal flashback thing with Hiromi and Shin, she took one sandal off, she's saying don't leave me. I assure you that track 30 from the ost is only going to be played for Hiromi and the second half of it which is triumpant hasn't been used yet. It will not be used for a dumping scene I assure you.

More in depth post once I see 12 subbed, Hiromi 90%, Noe 10%.]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Guys seriously... about 12...

spoiler[Shin has to resolve his situation with Noe before he can fully commit to Hiromi. After the extremely Hiromi centric episodes of 9 and 10 it was only common sense that things went back to Noe before finishing with Hiromi. Also the first rule of romance shows is you do not want to be the first person talked to in the last episode. I can point to ef (Ep 10 might as well be considered the last episode of the Hiro storyline) and another fall show that just ended as proof of that, same with KGNE. Look at reality dating shows like Joe Millionare and the Bachelor, the runner up gets dealt with first.

Also they are heavily setting it up for a modern version of the sandal flashback thing with Hiromi and Shin, she took one sandal off, she's saying don't leave me. I assure you that track 30 from the ost is only going to be played for Hiromi and the second half of it which is triumpant hasn't been used yet. It will not be used for a dumping scene I assure you.

More in depth post once I see 12 subbed, Hiromi 90%, Noe 10%.]

i know don't after watched ep12, spoiler[it looks like Noe X Shin is higher than 50%. Hiromi whisper "Don't leave me, Don't leave me". it's not a good sign. i'm still hoping for Hiromi.]
Fuusamurai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by Fuusamurai on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Um, Fuusamurai, I think you meant to post in this thread. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop This is a discussion for the anime series True Tears.
Fuusamurai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
haha thanks!
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Well finally watched volume 12.

I'm quite annoyed with this episode since spoiler[it's favoring Noe]. Although I'm not spoiler[losing hoping for Hiromi]. I'm really hoping that Westlo is right about his speculations.

This episode is quite spoiler[disrupting for me because Noe's brother just told her that he loves her more than a sister. Not really into incest theme, although the idea wasn't brought up intensely].

My fave part of the spoiler[episode is when Hiromi told Noe to leave them alone and she cried. Awww she's so nice, hehehehe I really wish for her happiness.]

Can't wait for the final episode, spoiler[I'm frustrated right now because Noe just committed what I think a suicide (from the preview). She is just a weird girl, for real. But she's not as much annoying as your typical rival. ]
Really hoping Westlo is right about his ideas. Oh yeah one more thing as I predicted spoiler[Shin'ichiro is getting quite confused and he confuses me too, he needs to decide already!]

@Aromatic Grass yeah that's the one that I'm trying to say thanks.

@Darc_knight I'm very flattered hahahaha but really I'm not that great in analyzing things I merely can't even say what I'm trying to say.

By the way,spoiler[ if Shin chooses Noe over Hiromi, this series is going to be a big disappointment for me. Shin can't change his mind, now that Hiromi and him are getting along, just because Noe tells him fascinating stuff about being able to fly etc....!]

Last edited by chichiriNoDa on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
My supreme confidence took a hit looking at the preview pics for episode 13 on the website.

13 Preview pics
spoiler[This pic along with the lack of Noe aside from pic 1 as well as pics 2-8 being set after the festival have me worried.

http://www.truetears.jp/story/images/13_5.jpg

I've gone down from 90/10 split in favor of Hiromi to a 70/30. On a positive note the 2nd pic shows Hiromi talking to Shin's mother so shipping aside we might get an explanation about why Shin's mum hated Hiromi's mother.]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
OMG!!!! I must never click that link! I need to restrain myself for further worsening my vexation. Hahahahahaha although I wanted to, but I must control myself, there is at least six more days to go anyways so I think I can handle it.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
In all honestly I think I'm just worrying myself over nothing and maybe setting myself up for disappointment but if the show stays true to itself it should end the way I want it to.

Episode 13 speculation with a bit of ef spoilers
spoiler[If Hiromi loses she will more than likely end up like Kei from ef but that makes no sense in this series unlike ef. Miya and Hiro had sexual tension throughout unlike Shin and Noe while Hiro never saw Kei in that way whereas Shin has loved Hiromi for a long time.

An EF episode 10 like ending for True Tears would just be a complete disaster.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9