• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri♪♪ (Season 2 & 3) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
...and how do you know she didn't do anything, hmmm? Perhaps the show's animators were simply being ... discreet. Wink
Zork

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The final episode had one of the strangest spoiler[adaptations of Snow White] that I think I have even seen Shocked Funny as all get out, though Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
The teacher looked quite a bit like Gyubid from that short anime during the episode. I think Sakurako really stole the spoiler[play part, with laughing at someone being referred to as "Stupid Elf", and complaining about Snow White eating all of the poisoned tomato.] Laughing But of course there was Kyouko eating the spoiler["edible flowers".]

Chizuru got a bit of screen time, which was used well in a spoiler[Kyouko hating moment, supposedly playing a merciful hunter, but instead tried hitting Kyouko with various guns.] But my favourite gag from the show also showed up, that being of Chizuru is evil, everything from a spoiler[delayed reaction to something supposedly scary, throwing things into her hair, hair scream is always funny.] The fact Chizuru snuck a spoiler[backdrop in, her artwork scaring everyone on stage and audience except from herself and her sister got a laugh], Akane hidden reaction seems to be a running gag of herself. Having them spoiler[attacked by the robot with a Chizuru art face was nice, and having it crash and kiss Akari], poor Akari.

We did not get enough scenes of Akane and Tomoko together, or at all, a spinoff would not go wrong. Picking up where they left off with finishing the scene could be done.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
ep.12 s2 finale

spoiler[so yea snake doing give akarin going to cry but calm yet ah akarin’s light so bright it shine.

Sakurako’s sisters want to have Himawari’s younger to swap in exchange for Sakurako?

& yuru yuri’s snow white sure kyoko as snow white give droll twin went like trying overkill tommy guns on snow white.

7 dwarfs of tsundere, glasses, evil, doobi, baka, etc give mari-chan seem bit bored on it & akarin’s sister keep record all akarin’s part.

prince yui kiss kyoko oh poor chinatsu & ayano with queen boom with silent mirror bring robo-chinatsu drawing bot.

at akarin shield it all from robo cue scared kiss.

now all clap & boom? yea now we a s3 now please.]
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the final episode of this epic yuri anime. The Akarin intro gets cut short by a curtain to save some time for the show. We start off with Kyouko bringing some toys for Akari, Chinatsu, and Yui to play with. She tries to play pranks on the girls but she owns herself for at least a couple of times. Meanwhile, Akari shows that she is the shining Mini Goddess of Yuri. That whole segment is the appetizer of this episode.

And here is the main course: the Nanamori Private Middle School holds a cultural festival. The Amusement Club and the Student Council join forces to put on what is probably the weirdest production of Snow White the world has ever witnessed. Their sisters, and Yui's cousin, have the best seats in the house. Kyouko gets to be Snow White and she recreates the latter's iconic image as a lazy, trouble-making princess. Nishigaki-sensei is the evil queen/witch while Rise is the voiceless mirror. Here, we see the Student Council president giving her hot teacher an angry pout for not taking her seriously. Guess it is not wise to anger an adorably quiet girl like Rise, even if you are Nishigaki-sensei. Her pout is so cute.

Chizuru, the only sister who is in the play, is the forest hunter hired by Queen-sensei to kill Snow Kyouko. Unlike sensei, Chizuru takes her role seriously. Well maybe a bit too serious. She actually tries to kill Snow Kyouko with dual Thompson machine guns. All in the name of her Ayano/Chitose ship! Sadly for her, Snow Kyouko still lives.

This is where Akari getting another big troll of her life begins. In this crazy production, we have the six... seven elves, not dwarfs. Ayano is Tsundere Elf, Chitose is Glasses Elf, Yui is Retorting Elf, Chinatsu is Evil Elf, Himawari is Boob Elf, Sakurako is Stupid Elf, and Akari is the Remarkably Unremarkable Elf. The elves all have their moments. Ayano and Himawari reveal their tsun-tsunness for their respective girls Kyouko and Sakurako. Meanwhile, Akari's unremarkable abilities kick off as she gets lack of presence.

Queen-sensei becomes Witch-sensei and poisons Snow Kyouko with a tomato. As Snow Kyouko sleeps in peace, Ayano is at her best tsudere level. Chinatsu shows off her legendary artistic skills once again as she single-handedly creates a stage with a church that is supposed to be there for Snow Kyouko. Due to the insufficient number of the actresses for the play, Yui becomes the Prince. Yui definitely definitely does not want to kiss Kyouko right on the lips and Ayano and Chinatsu definitely do not want that to happen. Chinatsu tries to stop it by throwing Akari at them but still, the kiss happens. Ayano and Chinatsu are clearly heart-broken, Yui is ticked, and Snow Kyouko is back. Queen-sensei and the voiceless mirror are back.

Before I go any further, I forgot to mention that even the sisters have their moments throughout the play despite being in the audience. Sakurako's sisters Nadeshiko and Hanako tells Himawari's little sister Kaede that they would love to have her as their sister and they will even trade her for Sakurako. Kaede does not want to see Sakurako and Himawari fighting in the middle of the play. Yui's cousin Mari does not seem to like the play but still watches it for her Yui. Chinatsu's older sister Tomoko reveals to be the only one who appreciates Chinatsu's art. And lastly, Akari's older sister Akane does some multicamera setup just to see her precious Akari in many angles. Also, she is speechless of Tomoko's sister's art.

Back to Queen-sensei, she calls for desperate measures and summons a seemingly nonexplosive Anti Snow Kyouko Robot with Chinatsu's face on it, complete with Chinatsu's art style again. Unfortunately, Nishigaki-sensei created it in a hurry and hence, the robot attacks everyone. Having a total lack of presence throughout the play and the entire episode, Akari faces the robot herself despite getting frightened by its hideous Chinatsu faces. She appears to stop it thanks to the batteries running out. That is until the robot goes down and inadvertently gives Akari a kiss, reminding her of that infamous rape kiss by Chinatsu. Akane is even more speechless. So Akari dies for everyone and everyone mourns for her. Getting trolled again just like in the final episode of the first season, Akari quickly gets up but not before the curtain drops, ending the crazy but beautiful play. As the curtains open, the entire cast gathers up for the audience while Akari gets a well-deserving special entrance. And so the final episode ends in a cut-off explosive fashion. Thus, once again, the end of Yuru Yuri.

Sadly, no news about a third season coming. This anime is still too young to die. While I am not good at making a review of an anime/manga, here is what I have to say about Yuru Yuri. For me, Yuru Yuri is the complete opposite of Maria-sama ga Miteru. While Marimite is serious, plot-driven, drama series that takes its yuri in a great and subtle way, YY is funny, seemingly plotless, slice-of-life one with blatant yuri all over the place. And while Marimite is still the yuri superior for many reasons, YY is a great yuri series in its own way. It is a series where its yuri, despite having blatant overtones, has an ambiguity of being really open or just subtextual. No two girls have said that they are in love with each other. This makes the series to be so speculative that it may or may not be considered as a yuri series at all. The series comes from a yuri magazine but it ironically, it is said to have the least amount of yuri in the magazine.

Yuru Yuri has a great, loving cast of girls with their own unique personalities. So many pairings to choose from or support as they give off a lot of yuri in the air. However, almost none of them have outright expressed that they are into girls; they are just in love with their specific girls. The slice-of-life comedy aspect, while a bit bland and generic, has some skits and segments that are original enough to give its audience some surprises. The art style is easy on the eyes and of course moe, though I wish the girls, especially their faces, have more distinct features so that they do not look like they share one same body base. The music is pretty catchy too.

That is all I have to say, for now. Yuru Yuri is a great comedy anime with likeable girls and blatant yuri. Regrettably, I have not read the manga yet but I will read it soon. I hope that we have not seen the last of anime version. A third season should be likely to happen. You got to love Yuru Yuri!
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
Well, we weren't told about this season until December last year, so we'll need to wait a bit to get the good news. I do trust that it is coming, though. Is four seasons asking too much?

That said, this episode was great - it had me constantly laughing out loud the whole way through(which is just what the doctor ordered). Anybody else call that Akari spoiler[was going to feel bad for the snake the instant she stepped on it]? I love the use they got out of the sisters - especially when Kaede and Mari got in sync spoiler[pointing out the robot was about to explode]. As for my favorite part, I think that's a bit obvious. Poor Chizuru...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Yuruyuri Nachu Yachumi! (OAV)

Didn't seem right to put it in the first season discussion so I chose here. Wow, an hour long OVA, makes it practically a movie, and it was really quite alright. One thing I have to take note is the music, it felt like there was quite a lot of work into choosing the right notes for the scenes.

Been a couple years, but it was as much Yuruyuri as ever. Well maybe except the first few minutes where everyone is macho for some reason, but that did make it very funny. And Akari got away with fewer jokes about her being invisible. It looked good, characters were right, and plenty of call-backs to past gags, yet it was not a refresher. There was kind of an odd fanservice scene.

I would give it a rating of Very Good, but it was an excellent return of these yuri filled goofballs. Maybe only rated that little bit lower because what really happened in this OVA? It is spoiler[just them talking about and going on a one night camp]. But it worked, small parts with side characters included.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
That was fun!

I finished it this afternoon and the first 3 minutes literally made me lol spoiler[with the English and those faces. It was fun though with the girls coming together again for a full hour.]

I wouldn't mind it if this show gets another season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yuruyuri Nachu Yachumi! (OAV).

I don't suppose this would be available on Crunchyroll where the rest of it is.

(Goes to look.)

Nope. No such luck. So annoying.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
The second OVA is out now.

And tbh, that Super Smash Bros reference was nostalgic. I used to play the games often on weekends and seeing it with a similar style....

Can't wait for third season to start soon!
I hope it will be just as good as the previous seasons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
And tbh, that Super Smash Bros reference was nostalgic. I used to play the games often on weekends and seeing it with a similar style....

Yeah, and yet Smash Bros only came to handheld (3DS) this year, making it really new... wait no, that was a year ago, a whole year has passed since then? The other game they played was Animal Crossing: New Leaf, another game that was not out when even the second season was made. As a fan of both games I do appreciate the details they put into this episode.

Totally did not realise a third season was coming, and it only next month. Right before I have my exams Anime cry .

What do you think are the chances we get some actual pairing of Sakurako and Himawari, the pretty much actual official couple of the series. I will settle with more of the smaller characters who appeared less often.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
I never played the other version of Super Smash Bros on different platforms or games. The only Super Smash Brothers game I've played is the original one for Nintendo 64 many years ago.

I guess I should of made my post more clear.
So yes, in essence, it would of been a fairly long time since I have played the original game.

Edit: spelling error

Last edited by Stark700 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I never played the other version of Super Smash Bros on different platforms or games. The only Super Smash Brothers game I've played is the original one for Nintendo 64 many years ago.

I guess I should of made my post more clear.
So yes, in essence, it would of been a fairly long time since I haven't played the original game.

The game has evolved a bit since then, has gone from 12 characters to like 55. And they really got how it looks too when playing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
The new season (S3) started now:

I gotta say, that was funny with the King's game in the first half. And the second half...made me slightly hungry. Chinatsu's attempted kiss plan was so priceless to watch LOL. Anyways, I got what was expected and quite glad to see the show return on TV again. Looking forward to next week as well.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting they didn't have Akari announce Yuru Yuri was starting. Given the number of those gags based around Akari's lack of presence, I guess we're really not going to see that come up too much as something they actually use(I didn't read too much into it at the time, but maybe Chinatsu foiling Kyouko's attempt to take a picture with Akari's face blocked out was really a declaration of intent?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10