• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamisama Hajimemashita Shōjo Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Quote:
Daichi directing a shoujo? There's no way I could miss this.

He's directed shoujo anime before. In fact, his two debut works, Akazukin ChaCha and Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, are shoujo anime. Very Happy

Yeah... that's kind of understood in my statement. I'm happy because he is once again directing a shoujo, implying that I enjoyed the other shoujo works that he directed (Fruits Basket, Kodocha, Bokura ga Ita)
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Hmm, shall certainly have to try this out, although seeing it's from the same director as Fruits Basket does make me a little bit leery (but not enough so to prevent me from giving the anime a fair shot).

I never watched much of his Fruits Basket adaptation, but Daichi also directed the anime version of Kodocha, which, in my opinion, was even better than the original due to the huge amount of energy and humor that he and his staff poured into it! I have a lot of faith that he'll do this series justice.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Most of those who are critical of the Fruits Basket anime don't realize that there were only 7 or 8 volumes of the manga published at the time that the anime was made and unfairly use content from the later manga volumes to point out inconsistencies/errors/mishaps/etc. It's honestly one of the best shoujo adaptations.
Pangea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome! gief more awesome shoujo mangas to be animated
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Most of those who are critical of the Fruits Basket anime don't realize that there were only 7 or 8 volumes of the manga published at the time that the anime was made and unfairly use content from the later manga volumes to point out inconsistencies/errors/mishaps/etc. It's honestly one of the best shoujo adaptations.

I completely agree. I watched Fruits Basket all the way through for the first time a few months ago, having not read the manga for several years, and was genuinely surprised at how good I thought it was. I went into it expecting mediocrity; "it's not as good as the manga blah blah spoiler[they changed Akito's gender] blah blah" I was pleasantly surprised and I honestly think it's a really good stand alone story, somewhat along the lines of what the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime did compared to the manga. I was looking forward to this already as I really like the Kamisama Hajimemashita manga, but this makes it even better.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
My friend likes this series a lot, I better tell him about this soon.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

I still stand by my opinion that it had a really weak ending and, after hearing that he and the original creator apparently got into huge arguments about adapting, it just makes me a little leary. Again, nothing that is going to stop me from checking out the anime when it airs, just cautious. (Also, in regards to that spoiler, that's kinda a big thing to change ya know....)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
But that's a problem with your mindset. It wasn't changed, and you should not think of it like that. The anime staff couldn't look into the future and know what will be in the manga 2-3 years later.
Ryan227

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Oooh that's the 3rd shojo anime for the Fall season. I wish I could skip summer cos Fall looks so good already! I liked the manga but I stopped reading it after a while because it was getting a bit dull for me and I could tell where the main story was heading but I'll definitely try the anime out.
lolkid_0417

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
This is blissful news. I love this manga!!

SO SO SO HAPPY!

They're getting pretty pumped up with their shoujo manga this fall and it's making me too happy.

First Sukitte Ii na yo

then Tonari no Kaibutsukun

and now this!!

It's like they went in order and saved the best for last, unless I should expect more. Can't contain my excitement. Don't know what I've done to deserve this.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. A very fun manga from what I've read.
JGlibra03

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Do you guys think that Kamisama Kiss anime will be 12 or 26 episodes I know that volume 12 of the manga came out in Japan in April so it might be more than 12 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2