• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kokoro Connect Staff Issues Statements on Performer's Treatment

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
It has already killed the sales to the point that kokoro went from 5000 pre-orders on the first bluray down to 900.

5,000 to 900? Jeez. 5,000 appears to be a very stable number of sales, nothing special though, sustainable... but 900 is abysmal, abject failure. Has the series of apologies had no positive affect on sales yet?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I am sorely tempted to buy the Japanese editions, lack of subtitles be damned, just to spite the boycotters.

Let's see... CDJapan would charge ~¥52,110 if I made them all one order and went SAL registered... but that might be a bit much to swallow all at once, especially if the exchange rate continues to decay...

You'll save a ton ordering from Amazon.jp. If you don't want to wait months to get any of the discs (because ordering them individually or choosing to ship them separately would be almost as expensive as CDJ) , then use HMV.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
As much as I think this whole fake audition stunt was stupid in the extreme, I have a hard time imagining it truly is having an impact on sales. Maybe that's just because I know I would never be swayed by that kind of stupidity if I liked the actual content of a show.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It has already killed the sales to the point that kokoro went from 5000 pre-orders on the first bluray down to 900.

5,000 to 900? Jeez. 5,000 appears to be a very stable number of sales, nothing special though, sustainable... but 900 is abysmal, abject failure. Has the series of apologies had no positive affect on sales yet?

I dunno where they got their numbers. IT was originally projected around 3500, and now its fallen to about 2500. A significant drop, but nothing like what that one guy said.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I dunno where they got their numbers. IT was originally projected around 3500, and now its fallen to about 2500. A significant drop, but nothing like what that one guy said.

Just from other sites/forums, I can not really rely on their creditably but it's all I had to go on. I will not be able confirm anything until the charts are posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Just from other sites/forums, I can not really rely on their creditably but it's all I had to go on. I will not be able confirm anything until the charts are posted.

Amazon Stalker For Hito Random Part 1 BD.
bradc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
As much as I think this whole fake audition stunt was stupid in the extreme, I have a hard time imagining it truly is having an impact on sales. Maybe that's just because I know I would never be swayed by that kind of stupidity if I liked the actual content of a show.

Probably am not the only person still trying to stomach all this.

Think I read somewhere, Terashima talking with the song producer of the show through the social media of Twitters and that he told Ichiki to show up at the event unannounced surprise guest at the event, which pretty much later derailed from here.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kinda sad that this scandal is gonna kill Kokoros sales in Japan, ruining any chance of a 2nd season it might have had. But hey, otakus taking bullying seriously, so its to be expected.

A big reason anime is such a great medium; the consumers are the ones in control, not the companies. More markets need to operate this way, as that is how it should be. Companies are there to provide for the consumer, not the other way around. It's always nice to see instances like this, where fans can make or break something. The only downside is sadly this series will be thrown under the bus in order to re-establish this, but it's good for the industry in the long run to keep the power to the consumer.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Amazon Stalker For Hito Random Part 1 BD.

and a translation for those of us who can't read japanese please.
I have been really busy recently and fallen way behind on a lot shows (koroko being one of them) and I have to say this defiantly makes me want to not finish the series (and I only know what happened at the event). I would agree with people not preordering singles in objection to this, and waiting for the season set or even the R1 if I was really offended.

Also the guy is a good voice actor, he does great work and does not deserve this, it's not like he's even someone hated like Micheal Bay or something.

I just hope that this show actually was only supposed to be one season and that this makes the companies realize IDIOTIC EVENTS like this are not allowable. I mean seriously who would think this is ok.

Last edited by Tanteikingdomkey on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kinda sad that this scandal is gonna kill Kokoros sales in Japan, ruining any chance of a 2nd season it might have had. But hey, otakus taking bullying seriously, so its to be expected.

They were probably previously victims of bullying.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I just hope that this show actually was only supposed to be one season and that this makes the companies realize IDIOTIC EVENTS like this are not allowable. I mean seriously who would think this is ok.

Japanese TV is big on pranks. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I would agree with people not preordering singles in objection to this, and waiting for the season set or even the R1 if I was really offended.

Rolling Eyes I totally don't get this mindset. Even the guy most affected by this stupid stunt probably doesn't want a boycott to happen. So everybody who worked on the production - even those who had absolutely nothing to do with the stunt get to be punished, right? Another depressing example of human stupidity at its unfinest.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

and a translation for those of us who can't read japanese please.

First graph is a chart of Amazon Sales ranks.

Predicted sales ~2500
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I would agree with people not preordering singles in objection to this, and waiting for the season set or even the R1 if I was really offended.

Rolling Eyes I totally don't get this mindset. Even the guy most affected by this stupid stunt probably doesn't want a boycott to happen. So everybody who worked on the production - even those who had absolutely nothing to do with the stunt get to be punished, right? Another depressing example of human stupidity at its unfinest.

First off almost all those people have already been paid. do you know who gets payed based upon sales and who gets paid based on their work?also I never said don't buy it I said wait for a cheaper collection.
I personally can't support something if I fell it is supporting people I feel should be fired, which is the production com. or at least they would know who actually came up with the bright idea.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

That's the thing about stupidity, it tends to spread and multiply. ( Harder than Kudzu to get rid of too. )

Here it has impacted all the people associated with Kokoro Connect. Those people, to one extent or another, depended on each other to make the show happen and be a success. A few of those people had a really bad idea and now it is all in danger of coming apart.

Mark Gosdin
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

That's the thing about stupidity, it tends to spread and multiply. ( Harder than Kudzu to get rid of too. )

Here it has impacted all the people associated with Kokoro Connect. Those people, to one extent or another, depended on each other to make the show happen and be a success. A few of those people had a really bad idea and now it is all in danger of coming apart.

Mark Gosdin

you do realize aside from the people who are getting attacked. how much the actual sales are is generally the companies right. since the animators, directors, and voice actors last time I checked only get payed based on the allocation of the budget, assuming they don't get royalties for their work, which I know few American VAs get.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7