• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kokoro Connect Staff Issues Statements on Performer's Treatment

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
A PR stunt that got misinterpreted?

No that is what is being said to "calm the storm" a lot of people don't buy it based on stuff that happened earlier. I certainly don't buy it.

It's up to the fans in Japan in the end but I don't think they were wrong to be upset over this. And people saying a boycott is overboard....it's their fricking money, they can spend it how they see fit.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
This could be just cultural differences causing me confusion here, but ...what exactly was the jist of the prank? Putting aside the mean spiritedness of it, where's the joke? That he auditioned for a job that doesn't exist and was crestfallen? That inand of itself isn't funny it's just random.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
zeopower6 wrote:
This scandal will likely not affect the US release.

However, in Japan... Rolling Eyes Second season is so not happening.

Ok can people seriously prove to me if a season 2 was even possible please. because I am not seeing it. also 3500 is borderline season 2 territory to begin with.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
zeopower6 wrote:
This scandal will likely not affect the US release.

However, in Japan... Rolling Eyes Second season is so not happening.

Ok can people seriously prove to me if a season 2 was even possible please. because I am not seeing it. also 3500 is borderline season 2 territory to begin with.

It was likely never getting a 2nd season to begin with... it didn't really boost the original novel sales either. But it goes from like 10% to 0% now.
zeopower6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
This could be just cultural differences causing me confusion here, but ...what exactly was the jist of the prank? Putting aside the mean spiritedness of it, where's the joke? That he auditioned for a job that doesn't exist and was crestfallen? That inand of itself isn't funny it's just random.

Well, Japanese humor is kind of... out there like that. :/
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:

Exactly. I couldn't find any point to the pranks or punishment games myself. I mean, maybe they just wanted to make the audience laugh but well, we're not laughing...

It was just poorly planned all around.
scineram

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
So some sadists on the production committee had an episode and unleashed their deepest desires.

Too bad none of them were switched with the poor guy at the actual event.
bradc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:

No cultural difference. Same with Punk'd or Gag, the person behind it would have to inform the other person taking the prank later that it was all a joke. Unfortunately, they didn't tell the person it was a joke with continuous mistreating person that's why they were called on their bullying, on and off stage event and on the radio that was recorded live to an audience.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ah so the problem was it was live so there was no way to ask if he okay with it after the fact like on other prank shows (we have plenty of those over here like back in the days of Beadle's About, or stuff like Fool Britannia but I am pretty sure that the people have signed off on the pranks. But even then the pranks are humorous - like convincing a woman that an alien has landed in her back yard or that local pastor is a bit nuts. This doesn't seem funny, not even Schadenfreude funny, it just seems... mean.
trinityarrow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote
lol I'm a bit too afraid to watch the video, just seeing his face in the picture made me feel awful for him. I did see mizushima's post about the incident but were all the voice actors actually laughing at the practical joke? Because from what mizushima said everything was blown out of proportion and everyone ended up being guilty just because they were there
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quote
They're claiming that videos of the incident were edited to make them look like evil bastards, so you'd probably be hard-pressed to find one that didn't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7