• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's Angel Beats! Project Gets TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote
This sounds like it will be alot of fun. I've liked most of the titles KEY has worked on, so I'm looking forward to this. I also have no problem with A-1 doing the animation since Kannagi came out just fine.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote
Cool, looking forward to it. I like Jun Maeda. Smile
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Well aside from all the hating going on in here, I can't wait. xD Just because I love the design of the lead, even if she does look like a purple-haired Haruhi~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
MRLN

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Hi Haruhi. Is this another harem?
VDZ

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
[...]No Moon[...]

You're obviously just listing all Key works without knowing anything about them.
Neither Kyoto Animation, nor A-1, nor any other serious animation studio would get away with animating MOON..
If you had ever played it or even read about is plot, you would know that it's impossible to adapt into a regular anime, and could only result in a hentai anime. There is just too much plot-related rape to make a non-hentai anime adaptation.

Listing visual novels for possible anime adaptations is fine, but at least name stuff that CAN be adapted as anime.

Also, Planetarian OVA would be awesome, but that's been said often enough.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
VDZ wrote:
sailorsean wrote:
[...]No Moon[...]

You're obviously just listing all Key works without knowing anything about them.
Neither Kyoto Animation, nor A-1, nor any other serious animation studio would get away with animating MOON..
If you had ever played it or even read about is plot, you would know that it's impossible to adapt into a regular anime, and could only result in a hentai anime. There is just too much plot-related rape to make a non-hentai anime adaptation.

Listing visual novels for possible anime adaptations is fine, but at least name stuff that CAN be adapted as anime.

Also, Planetarian OVA would be awesome, but that's been said often enough.

I have played all of the games that I listed, including the main Key games including, Kanon (Voice Patched), Air (Voice Patched), Clannad Full Voice, and Little Busters! Ecstasy... I have played MOON. fully (the English patch was released a few weeks ago) and I understand where your coming from, but still... a man can dream... Laughing However I can see a Planetrarian Movie (an OVA series would kinda seem like dragging out the story as a lot of people already know what it is about), and I think maybe Tomoyo After can be adapted into a 13 Episode Series... ~ONE~ could definitely use a remake... and Dousei might be impossible to adapt into an anime (except for maybe a bad hentai?)... even if Dousei is early Key, I really did think that the game was kinda bad in my opinion, (well more like mediocre, but you get the picture) And there are lots of rumors floating around 2ch about Kyoani adapting Little Busters! into a anime, but anything could happen, if it does tho, I predict it will be around 2010 when I think we'll at least hear something... Confused Or at least until Haruhi is finished airing...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
Moe baseball would be great to see animated.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quote
Sounds like an interesting enough premise for a show. I'm looking forward to it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
So maybe these girls will have the IQ of a carrot t least? I mean she does look just like Haruhi, maybe some personality will be involved.
jingjong12

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote
What about Planetarian...... PLANETARIAN!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
Why are people wanting Key to adapt Moon.. isn't the rights for Moon and One owned by Tactics the company the core of Key worked at before forming Key?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
What's that? Key's doing another show that no doubt will be about another bunch of brainless dolts?
How exactly does that follow from the information zalas posted?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Knock off Haruhi+cookie cutter harem= bland, moe drama.

There has to be a copy right infringement in there somewhere.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Huh? Sure the heroine looks like Haruhi a bit so what? Why judge a book by its cover? And don't forget it IS a KEY title after all... First KEY anime... hmmm Very Happy might be good?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Huh? Sure the heroine looks like Haruhi a bit so what? Why judge a book by its cover? And don't forget it IS a KEY title after all... First KEY anime... hmmm :D might be good?

Okay, I didn't want to mention this, but you've left me no choice. Besides looking like a Haruhi knockoff, it also looks like she's trying to take off her skirt as well. Not exactly a image for a great anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4