• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Syfy's Ani-Monday Block Lists Monster Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. It's good to see this excellent series get some wider exposure. Personally, it's one of my all time favorites. I'll definitely be watching and buying those long LONG overdue DVDs, now that hell has seemingly frozen over. Smile
rabrek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
My hope is they'll cut the opening and ending credits or something... I mean, this is a series where just about every last scene is significant. Unless they want to go through and re-edit it so as to delete out entire storylines. I will not forgive them if they do that. Ever. No more Sci-Fi channel if they do that. Evil or Very Mad

It helps to think of Sci-Fi/SyFy/Siffy as a sampler to help you decide whether you want to rent or buy the DVDs - a sometimes perplexing overview squeezed between commercial barrages, with massive spoilers. The "real" viewing comes later, with the DVDs. Or is that just me?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It'll be interesting to see if they cut scenes for more commercial time, like with Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann.

Also, I'm curious as to the quality of the dub.

I'd say scenes cut for time is a WHEN, not an IF. Sy-Fi always cuts for time. Gotta fit in more commercials for the shows and movies no one watches.

There isn't a link to Monster in the article, what is Monster about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It'll be interesting to see if they cut scenes for more commercial time, like with Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann.

Also, I'm curious as to the quality of the dub.

I'd say scenes cut for time is a WHEN, not an IF. Sy-Fi always cuts for time. Gotta fit in more commercials for the shows and movies no one watches.

There isn't a link to Monster in the article, what is Monster about?

anime#3750
here it is
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
MetatronM wrote:
I was pissed off yesterday when this news hit. I still am.

Monster was already announced to be airing on a network that actually presents anime as it's supposed to be presented (i.e. in complete unedited form). Now we get Syfy instead. :|

Can't wait to see what 4 minutes per episode Syfy decides isn't as important as six promos each for GHOST HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL, ECW, and the SYFY ORIGINAL MOVIE PHANTOM RACER!

Just why the hell does Sci-Fi keep doing that shit anyway? There oughta be a law banning this. If you're going to air anime on TV, either DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL.

Oh, crap I forgot about that! I forgot why I stopped watching Animonday. It was because of their 10 commercials every other second for their terrible content. Ghost Hunters duing Macross totally killed my high.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Oh sweet news!! I cannot wait! I have to put a reminder on my DVR so I can catch it. Also, I am interested about the dub because as much as I love Monster, its the lack of the strong German accent is my pet-peeve of the show.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bestial Bluster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quote
rabrek wrote:
It helps to think of Sci-Fi/SyFy/Siffy as a sampler to help you decide whether you want to rent or buy the DVDs - a sometimes perplexing overview squeezed between commercial barrages, with massive spoilers. The "real" viewing comes later, with the DVDs. Or is that just me?

I prefer to watch something correctly the first time since it will lose its impact/mystery/whatever else the second time. I think I'll wait for the DVDs on this one (and anything else that comes to...Syfy Mad ). Watching Gurren Lagann all chopped up with ads for other shows covering half the screen was not fun.
arachneia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh happy day, indeed. I just hope the dub is decent.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy on it's going to be on TV, but not that's it's Sci-Fi. Enjoy your no credits, no opening, and cut scenes from the show. Sci-Fi is and always was always about their commercials placement. I'd rather just have an extrodinarily long commercial break in the middle than 5 minutes of show, 3 minutes of commercial, 2 minutes of show, 3 minutes of commercial set up that they have now. It makes watching it goddamn impossible. It's a shame Adult Swim would rather host animations done completely in flash and made by 3 year olds than anything of substance. I wouldn't count on them for Soul Eater.
kow626

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
finally, some new anime. will b giving basilisk on ifc a try soon. other than that, all i got is bleach. n when moribito starts back up we can get going on that again too.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote
Why did it have to be Crap TV?
I'm still gonna watch the G00 dubs online since I hate you Crap.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

Hmm... I've never seen chiller's anime yet. I suppose it's probably a vain hope that they might cut out less?
kow626

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
the stuff on chiller is the same as what's already aired in the past on syfy/sci-fi during animonday.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
Not to go off topic, but Sci-fi's name change just baffles me. What's "Syfy" supposed to mean anyway?

It's slang for syphilis in some countries.

penguintruth wrote:

Wow... they used to do that with kids' cartoons here, a couple of decades back. I was really annoyed by it, but assumed they only got away with it because they didn't expect us kids to notice (or to be able to do anything about it). I'd thought even that practice a thing of the past, now... a forgotten horror of an unenlightened age. How wrong I was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4