• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mr. Osomatsu (TV) (all seasons + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Went to a live viewing of today's Osomatsu san event and they had an advanced screening of the third episode.

That's really cool! Did they have the cast present too? If you don't mind me asking, did they reveal any other production tidbits? I always find them very interesting!

Stark700 wrote:
And then some guy going by the name of Dekapan man being shot by a police dude several times.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but just in case: Dekapan is the name of the character in the series. His superhero name ("Dekapan-man") and costume are a spoof of Anpanman, a popular children's series. Incidentally, this season's One Punch Man also parodies Anpanman, though in quite a different way.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
That's really cool! Did they have the cast present too? If you don't mind me asking, did they reveal any other production tidbits? I always find them very interesting!

Yup! The main cast of the 6 brothers and Totoko were there. A digest of the event will be included on the first BD/DVD release and I'm sure there is going to be a lot cut and/or censored. XDDD Most of them greeted the audience with "sekurosu" (which Juushimatsu used in the first episode), which is slang for "sex." Um, yeah........ Anime hyper

As for tidbits, the one that stood out to me was that in the test take for that scene in the second episode where Juushimatsu is randomly swimming by, Ono Daisuke actually recorded it as, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuultra soul!" "ultra soul" is a song by B'z (look it up on YouTube). Unfortunately they cut the recording right at where he would've said "ultra soul" though, LoL. (This is kind of running gag with OnoD and he's made similar mentions of the songs in other situations at events.)

Also Irino Miyu was funny. He wore a hat just because he wanted to stand out. How Todomatsu-like of him. Anime hyper

Stark700 wrote:
And then some guy going by the name of Dekapan man being shot by a police dude several times. Weird. I mean, it has some humor to it but I didn't find it as funny as the previous two episodes.

As mentioned, that was an Anpanman parody.

I agree with you that this episode wasn't quite as funny as the first two, but I still had some good laughs. The last segment was great.

Last edited by crosswithyou on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

I am not usually one for fart jokes, but the one during the trying to sleep segment was so excellently timed that I cracked up. Plus the SAW parody, a jab at horror movies with unnecessary sequels. And the sheer guts of the penis bath segment.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4

I would never want to be part of the Matsuno family. ^^;;;
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
@GokuMew2

Thanks for the write-up! I really appreciate it. Sounds like it was a blast to be at, too!

Episode 4

I'm glad that Choromatsu fills the obligatory straight man role and still gets to be a dork/idiot sometimes.

Jyushimatsu is probably the most one-note of the bunch, but it's so hard not to like his presence. Ono Daisuke was a good fit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I saw an idol girl dressed like a fish for this week's episode. Going to be hard to forget this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Had a weird feeling watching this episode especially the first half.

Then this ESP talking cat appeared. Lol, those predictions are pretty silly! Not every day you get to see a talking cat predicting the future though.

It would be fun to have a friend like him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I'm actually a bit surprised at how empathetic I felt during the second segment. Slowly, they're fleshing out the brothers beyond comedic personalities. (Jyushimatsu actually experienced development?!) It's also a good follow-up to the Karamatsu segment, both thematically and as a means to a strong ending joke. The brothers can go an entire day focusing on spoiler[Ichimatsu's problems, never even noticing Karamatsu's absence~]

So at this point, Todomatsu feels like the under-utilized brother. I don't have a good feel for him beyond the basics. To some extent, Karamatsu is in the same boat; he had this episode, but more focus fell on Chibita. He needs a segment where he takes the initiative. Jyushimatsu's personality makes him a hard character to develop, but I think episode 5 did a fine job.
HolyR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, I never would've thought a segment that involved sticking a giant needle up someone's ass would bring me so close to tears.

Honestly, this episode cemented in my mind that this is a pretty damn good show, and I'm glad they did that first episode so people would actually come and watch it, haha.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!

http://osomatsusan.com/news/attention/

The official website just announced a moment ago that the first episode of Osomatsu san will not be included on the BD/DVD release, and episode 2 and 3 will be entirely re-animated.

This totally blows!!
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!

http://osomatsusan.com/news/attention/

The official website just announced a moment ago that the first episode of Osomatsu san will not be included on the BD/DVD release, and episode 2 and 3 will be entirely re-animated.

This totally blows!!

Thanks for posting. Why on earth would that happen?! To not include the first episode is such an odd decision. Sure, it differs tonally from the rest, but it still functions to set the stage for the entire series... They even joke about it in the second episode. On top of that, anime BD/DVDs are expensive. Are people going to pay for a first volume with no first episode?

And why reanimate the second and third eps entirely? Does that imply content changes beyond cleaner animation/art? This sounds like it could potentially hurt sales...
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
Sorry, my mistake. I thought they were listing episodes 2 and 3 as receiving entirely new animation, not that they were saying the first volume would include a completely newly animated first episode and episodes 2 and 3.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6

Some good comedy in the first half and poor, poor Iyami in the second. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I lost it at the disqualification scene. Was not expecting a centaur to impersonate a horse lmao
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Ep 7

Three segments in this week's episode. The first two were hilarious. ...Not sure what to make of the third. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9