• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Laid-Back Camp (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:31 am Reply with quote
If you can find a decent map of Japan, you can follow Rin in her travels. All the locations mentioned are real. I suspect the restaurants, hot springs, lighthouses and other locations are real as well.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
If you can find a decent map of Japan, you can follow Rin in her travels. All the locations mentioned are real. I suspect the restaurants, hot springs, lighthouses and other locations are real as well.

Yes, they are real.
For example, in Episode 2 of Yuru Camp Season 2,

The 'Omaesaki Tōdai' lighthouse.

Kimikura Honten, the shop which sells tea.

The 'Mitsuke Tenjin Yanahime Jinja' shrine.

The 'Kakeduka Tōdai' lighthouse.

The Torii gate at the 'Fukude Kaigan' shore, through which people see the New-Year sunrise.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for those. If you find more please post.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

I was wondering if in the recent episodes when talking about changes that were done to the campsites, if it was like a different year thing, that changes were made over the time since season 1 rather than in the few weeks within the show. And I would be interested if any of the sites from the first season happened to a big increase to people doing camping, like what they mentioned about a change in policy with I think firewood. Just guesses, not informed in any way.

This episode did feel extra comfy though, with them back at the school, trying out a tarp. I myself actually have quite a lot of experiences with tarps, something of a necessity in scouts where you have big ones for creating dining areas, where you need to keep whatever rain that could come and have some shade. The sort of bare bones equipment also reminds me of a hootchie, which is mostly just a tarp to sleep under, it is lightweight, but from experience can be rather uncomfortable if the weather is not great. And I think a girl might have seen a wild boar.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:15 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Thanks for those. If you find more please post.

It's a pleasure.

In Episode 3 of Yuru Camp Season 2,

The 'Benten Ōhashi' bridge.

The Nagisaen Camping Facility.

The Maisaka Omotehama car park.

The 'Hamana Ōhashi' bridge.

The Maisaka Fishing Port.

The Hamanako Bentenjima Family Hotel Kaishunrō.

Bentenjima's red Torii gate.

Shizuhana, a shop which sells confectionery.

Kifuku, a restaurant which serves grilled eel.

A sign for the 'Kanzanji Onsen' hot spring resort.

Fujitaya, a shop which sells confectionery.

The Kiga railway station.

The Sakume railway station.

Unagi Sakume, a restaurant which serves grilled eel.

The 'Oku-Hamanako Tenbō Kōen' park.

Unagi ('eel') pies. An Unagi Pie is a palmier-like pastry of which ingredients include extract from eel bones.
Unagi Pies have an 'ordinary' pastry taste, rather than a 'fishy' taste.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Thanks
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Thanks

It's a pleasure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13 (finale)

Another comfy end to this comfy series. I will say off the bat, that this season was kind of competing for best comfy slice of life show with Non Non Biyori's 3rd season, and in honesty I thought that show was kind of beating this one. Not that shows like this should be competing, their incredible easy to watch format I think hides how much work they put in.

This season did feel like it was avoiding having another big group camp because that is what the finale needed, and I really enjoyed the camp/tourism adventure, even having a younger sibling along. Also Capybaras. But it was all good, the humour is different from the likes of NNB, where instead of something like using silence beats, you do get the sense of these girls playing around to get laughs out of each other with the same jokes. Also the times they do things like giving small voices to inanimate items.

I can think of other standout moments, like seeing simple camp cooking of just putting vegetables in in newspaper and foil into fire and then light seasoning. That sounded like interesting ideas of the simple things in life, which this show thrived on. I would imagine things like this show is all that is needed to do things like boost tourism in Japan (if the world was in an easier place), places, foods and experiences.

My rating is an incredibly comfortable Very good (8/10). I think that it is a pointless game to compare slice of life shows, like how I rated Non Non Biyori, but they can both be great shows that I could easily recommend to people who want to watch something comfy and relaxing. I could easily be looking forward to more, if for this show's setting having been particular to winter and their winter should end eventually.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to this show, I'll have to add the Izu region to my itinerary of places to visit for my next visit to Japan, whenever that may be, but not until after I make my Brisbane, Australia trip that I was supposed to go on last year that I had to cancel due to the pandemic.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:55 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
... but not until after I make my Brisbane, Australia trip that I was supposed to go on last year that I had to cancel due to the pandemic.

Meeting up with Dusky? You could go camping!

I really liked this show. Not in the way that I'd save it for last to watch necessarily, but whenever I wanted to decompress or relax. I was particularly touched by the Vacation isn't over until we are all home part. Crying or Very sad A good wrap to this season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope the Japanese tourism department is helping to finance this show because it's an awesome travelogue! Dang, with this and Non Non Biyori both wrapped up for the time being, I really need a soul soothing show to step into the breach. If only another helping of Berserk would come out...
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:32 pm Reply with quote
With the second episode of the new season I am pretty much already used to the different look, the only exception is some hanky looking scooter riding. Otherwise all the charm is very much still there such as the jokes, lovely looking nature and calming music.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
With the second episode of the new season I am pretty much already used to the different look, the only exception is some hanky looking scooter riding....

The worst was having Rin's helmet faceshield opaque as if it was completely fogged up - looked like a shortcut to avoid having to draw her face.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm Reply with quote
This week had a lot more janky looking scooter riding and it stuck out even worse due to the rest looking so much more detailed. That complaint aside, the season has been great in providing the calming vibes of Yuru Camp. Be it calm music and scenery, enjoying lots of great food (dam curry might be something to try) and crossing over a lot of suspension bridges.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Nah, that last suspension bridge gets a no thanks from me with that narrow as can be walking section. The same goes for turning a corner on your bike and suddenly being confronted with a dozen or so big rocks on the road. The creepy tunnel on the other hand seems like a fun experience to go through.

Seems like the trip will end up being 3 episodes, that is a nice long adventure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3