• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seven Knights Revolution: Hero Successor (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm Reply with quote

Seven Knights Revolution: Hero Successor (TV)

Genres:
Themes:

Plot Summary: There were once many heroes who saved the world from Destruction. Time has since passed, and young men and women who have the title of "Successor" awaken powers from the heroes of old, and are entrusted with the fate of the world. The "Seven Knights" are a group of top Successors. Among the Seven Knights is a young woman named Faria, who is fighting against the troops of Destruction. In the midst of this battle, she saves a young man named Nemo. Nemo then awakens the power of a Successor, but no one knows of the hero whose powers he has inherited.
----------------------------------

Key art makes it look a bit flashy. But the voice cast as me somewhat curious. Might check it out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

A weird point in time to first comment here, but perhaps it was the romance element that spurred it. One romantic element looks like it just ended in tragedy with a girl turning into crystal and pretty much falling apart after saying she had never been happier.

The other romantic side of the story is kind of simultaneously surprising and not, that Shirley looked to be creating a love triangle with the main character, forcing him to choose who to dance with. But he kind of rightfully realised that it is probably Ellen that she was actually interested in, which I was kind of thinking was obvious last week when seeing Shirley feed on Ellen, thus not really surprised. Not really surprised at all that Ellen wasn't straight, just looking at her character design that I kind of liked since first episode. But at the same time kind of surprised that they did go "love is love".

If only they hinted more at the catboy, Gildan, who got a lot of invitations to dance but decided to do so with with the big guy, Joe, who did not receive any invitations.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:06 am Reply with quote
I have to admit I am really liking this show. I dunno why, it just hits all the right beats for me. Plus, for a show with an obviously limited animation budget, they pull out some decently directed and animated fight scenes. This week (Ep7) was a good one, and the series is one I continually look forward to each week!
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
EPisode 9 was great, ut Im a little nervous about how they will wrap all this up in 3 episodes...
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Well Pregnant Pus Titan Sophitia was pretty damned gross, but overall this was a great finale to a fun little series I have enjoyed thoroughly. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

That was a pretty cool final episode, by the action alone which was pretty fantastic. I but I would also put onto things like thematically, where you have this setting of characters taking on the power of heroes, you had Nemo at the end with being in his "true" monstrous form, but embodying the power and heart of Genius and the original Nemo. Our Nemo was saved by the scrawny armed original Nemo, who would go so far as protecting what looked like a monster because he saw them as suffering. You probably could put that as something when put against the real villain who spent most of her time appearing motherly and good. But it was kind of obvious if you are familiar with these sorts of things, to pick up that Sophitia was totally a villain, that it was kind of becoming a bit frustrating when it was taking its time.

Props for Nemo's real form looking so scary, and Faria still loving him. But also total props for the show doing its queer romance, because I was worried about lesbian character, Ellen, sacrificing herself for the straight relationship, without even input from her girlfriend, a real bury your gays sort of thing. But then Shirley shows up, tells her off for not considering her feelings, and then promises her forever, which is pretty romantic. The goal would be for a queer relationship not need to be mentioned as being noteworthy, but one done with the grace this series did is pretty good.

I am not going to say the show was perfect, I think that it was missing some teeth fairly early on, which made it a bit boring. I think that it failed a bit to really give itself a unique setting, outside of its hodgepodge setting, where they have trains, but otherwise generic magic school, which it didn't really go into either. My rating for the show will be Good (7/10), it is worth seeing, being technically well made, and some alright characterisation. It can kind of blindsided me with a reveal of the main character, which kind of made me wonder up till the end how that would inform what he was like, because before then he was kind of generic, so that was something I could really only get a grasp of after the fact. Least favourite character was probably the elf guy, which to be fair elves pompous and annoying should be kind of par for the course, so in a way it was kind of good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1