• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls' Frontline (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 am Reply with quote

Girls' Frontline (TV)

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Theme: androids, military

Plot Summary: In 2045, most of the Earth was ravaged by Collapse Fluid pollution. World War III broke out across the world over limited housing and food. When the war ended, the world was devastated and civilization is on the brink of collapse. Labor shortages have prompted advances in mechanical technology and resulted in the creation of androids that imitate human beings but have abilities that far transcend human capabilities. Similarly, androids known as Tactical Dolls (T-Dolls) are used by private military companies in the frontlines of numerous brushfire wars.

One day, the AI of the munitions company Sangvis Ferri suddenly rebelled against humankind. The "Anti-Rain" Squad, an elite T-Doll squadron belonging to the private military company Griffin & Kryuger, begins to investigate.

Jan. 7, 2022 (Fridays; FUNimation)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:37 am Reply with quote
I'm glad south-east Asian viewers can watch this anime legally on Muse Asia and the Muse Asia youtube page. So far a good episode that adapted chapter 1 and 2 of the manga.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

I want to say the show started out on a good foot, it could look good, and the OP specifically is awesome that it makes me want to like the show. But after that I can't even say much about the show at all. I feel a bit guilty, in that I have to admit that it is a bit like I was barely paying attention to the show, and I think that is because the show is actually kind of boring.

It sounds ridiculous, to accuse a show with young girl androids of various styles, where you have gunfights of various strategies, as being boring. But that is actually what I think of it. To try and find a reason, I think that a part of it that it was generally so self serious, to not acknowledge its silly elements, that it failed to really grab my attention. I did keep watching, hoping that I would really get into it, but I would regardless start looking at some other device. I think shows like this work best when they lean into what makes them ridiculous, like an enemy maid android that raises its skirt to shoot miniguns.

There were perfect opportunities to just go silly, in that aspects I think that I am reminded of forgetable show called Warlords of Sigrdrifa. Which most of the time was not that interesting, and then suddenly threw in a comedy episode or so, and at least the were more for more thoughts on it beyond a self serious show that wasn't aware of how silly it is. I don't really know if there will be anything for me to remember from this show, except maybe again the OP, and perhaps how good the eyepatch looked. I would have thought the show would have worked better a bit more focused on the human character, perhaps her being aware of the android designs being a bit strange to be practical.

My rating is So-so (5/10). I really wanted to like it, and it never looked outright bad, it just generally failed to get my attention.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:46 am Reply with quote
Sa i just started watching Girls Frontline
i watched the first half of the OVA series so far ,
it·s pretty good !!

there·s a lot more chibi than there is action
i think i would have liked it to have seen
more of the really cool action sequences
that occasionally pepper it
when these girls go all out
Muchakucha tafu dachi !!
[We·re amazingly tough !!]

there·s also a 12-episode long series
from the looks of it
which i·d love to get into
once i·m through the OVA .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1