• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thoughts on a figures / toys forum?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:20 am Reply with quote
On several occasions I've had the urge to make a thread about anime figures, but to my dismay there is no forum area dedicated to figures.

If there was, it wouldn't have to be limited to traditional figures. To make it more active but relevant as a separate forum section, we could include topics about action figures, Figma, Nendoroids and ball joint dolls or other dolls that fall under figures or anime related toys.

Perhaps there would also need to something that mentions what kind of toys, or specifically figures, are excluded.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:57 am Reply with quote
We have a figures thread in the Anime Forum. I think it is a couple of pages back, which should tell you something. The big problem is that there is so little traffic outside the Talkback Forum that I'm not sure a new forum would be viable.

For me the problem would be finding a host for the photos of the figures/dolls. It would have to be free and not pull a Photobucket and suddenly decide to charge for hosting. Perhaps ANN could host them and make them size and/or time delimited.

Given some of the interest columns here, I would think any figure or doll that is remotely anime or Japan related would qualify.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your input Alan. I guess part of it is whether ANN wants an increase in the amount of images that get posted on this site, but would likely only be a small increase. I can't be certain about anything, but its possible a separate forum section might encourage users to post more about figures and toys (for the same reason we have separate threads for specific anime discussions).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1