• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Right Stuf's Search Engine

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one getting blanks on non-H products?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Also, I'm having troue logging in. Anyone else have that problem?
cirnoze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Also, I'm having troue logging in. Anyone else have that problem?
To ANN or Right Stuf's site? (may help to clarify)

GATSU wrote:
Am I the only one getting blanks on non-H products?

If you mean searching from RightStuf's site itself, it seems to be working for me at the moment. If it's a search associated with ANN (links to buy or a search interface?) I'm not familiar with it myself but could poke around if I find it. If you're using a tool that uses ANN's Encyclopedia API (to check release details?), maybe enhanced ddos projection is blocking some of your tool's later requests. (unsure if "blanks" clarifies) If you have a specific example it may help.

Are you referring to the listings in places like this (or api equivelent):
release#43322 (I see RSA currently; but that might be manual or static after mapped. not familiar)
manga#17742 (Missing recently up for pre-order vol.12, but I'd imagine that is a manual process unless built-in or a user has a helpful scrapper that runs regularly?)

If you're referring to something ANN specific then likely someone else is more familiar but it may help to clarify in case someone else can check/confirm. (I may just not be familiar)

Maybe it is a temporary interruption, but some misc thoughts - (you don't have to read this section; probably?)

I'm not sure about the "Search Engine" implementation (or if ANN or a user that imports their data is tied to a RightStuf provided api), but given the recent acquisition of Right Stuf Anime by Crunchyroll(Sony) that you alluded(no pun intended) to by "non-H", and the fact that Crunchyroll store is using a separate search engine service than RightStuf's (NS), if there is any sort of dev going on on RightStuf's backend in that area then it could be related. Or some separate strain in the product migration process between the other parties.

The original post was about non-H, though another thought - the new storefront for Ero content is *not* up yet, so I imagine that shifting the search for H-content over to the new store/engine may be good eventually. (not sure if they'll use NS) (may need to see how the transition fairs though)

If the search feature you mentioned is associated with ANN, then with regard to H-content someone might want to get in contact with Wendy from EroAnimeStore to eventually consider coordinating shifting any ANN "Buy"/Search data links/aggregation over to them if appropriate. (Hopefully the uri can be mapped if they are statically stored as such in the Encyclopedia/Release linked to from ANN. It could also be good to check with RightStuf on their farther future plans in case they start to switch over to or offer an interface like Crunchyroll's current store/search. Though I'd imagine RightStuf's NS familiarity/experience would be kept unless looking to get off of it (maybe upgrade again); possibly an interface to bridge the RightStuf/Crunchy stores in the mean time might mean some changes or new api interfaces (SS?) but that may not happen vs rebrand. And not sure how much they'd disclose at this point. Just random speculation/thoughts.

In short on future things (partly if there is actual communication lines or api use, and not already done):
  • Consider contacting Wendy later about mapping any dead RightStuf adult product uri to the new EroAnimeStore (likely will boost sales/exposure later on)
  • Consider contacting RightStuf to stay aware of any upcoming changes (again if using their api or hard storing their product uri for Releases etc).

If ANN isn't doing that in any automated or direct fashion, but some helper is automating it to populate ANN release info etc, then that may instead apply to them)
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:18 am Reply with quote
cirnoze: Not sure it helps, but thanks, anyway. I can access the login, now, at least...
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:08 pm Reply with quote
N/M. Had to update the Chrome on my phone. Works, now....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1