• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Sengoku Youko

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uhuurt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am Reply with quote
I'm totally rooting for the villains, the good guys are just so boring and bland. Yazen and Kuzunoha are immensely more charming than Jinka and Tama, despite having a hundredth of their screentime; really hope they make it out of this, or the show will have killed off all of its interesting characters in the first arc.

Also, the power system is a mess, with random asspulls every episode, and having a literal God take part in the battles is not a way to make them interesting, especially if said god is yet another annoying character.
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
That tweet reads like they are talking about something unrelated to the series.

The official X/Twitter page has 13 as the final episode, for part 1. No mention of its continuation yet.
https://twitter.com/sengoku_youko/status/1773011482655027369

The timeslot for Sengoku Youko is being taken by Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi.The Blu-rays end at vol.2 / episode 13.

He specifically mentions Sengoku Youko (or rather, just Youko) in the tweet. And like the tweet says, it's changing timeslots. And yeah, I know part 1 is 13 episodes long. The manga is split into 2 parts, part 1 is 13 episodes long and part 2 is 24 episodes long. Considering Crunchyroll doesn't have this listed in the spring 2024 lineup and that they're rebroadcasting part 1 in Japan in the spring, there's a chance it's split but nothing's been confirmed. We'll see next week.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of surprised the review didn't even mention Jinka doing brain surgery on himself mid-combat, as that was probably my favorite part of this episode. Along with Tama's "Uhhh you probably shouldn't do that," followed by Jinka's, "No, I'm definitely gonna do it again." There's no way that could go wrong!

uhuurt wrote:
Also, the power system is a mess, with random asspulls every episode

This isn't the kind of series where all the characters are ranked on a linear scale and whoever has the highest number wins.
Ryomanagare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait to see next episode. As a manga reader it's one of my most anticipated.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, well...that's one way to do a season finale!

Poor Taizan. Slapped, shot with tree missiles, and got eaten by Jinka.

Kuzunoha and Yazen are both pretty rotten and self-involved people, they basically deserve each other and all the punishment. It's probably too much to hope they got caught in the blast so I hope a proper comeuppance is in the future for them, especially Yazen, though we also still need to find out more about Tama's dad.

It says a lot that Shinsuke, not Jinka, is the one who does the most damage to Yazen by teh end. He's come so far! Shakugan would be proud (and Barry too, I guess).

Jinka's goal from day one was to become something more than human and to change into something else, his single-minded and manic determination to win at all costs and achieve his goals driving him forward time after time...but it finally went too far and drove him to lose his humanity and become a monster, losing his sense of self in the process.

Older Tama with long hair is great, and especially her confessing to and kissing Jinka. Although it's kind of funny in a sad way that the two couples of our main cast have both been separated because one half of them have transformed into something else.

What's the best way to deal with a crazy godbeast? Why a future-WMD in Senya.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:52 am Reply with quote
If you liked part 1, you're going to love part 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4