• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ninja Kamui (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:43 am Reply with quote
The show can deliver story pretty well when it wants to. Emma's reveal was a bit of a mess, but her past and reason for helping Higan were told well this week. It also made me really curious as to what plan mr evil ninja has, he has sacrificed a lot in order to make it happen after all. Hell, there are barely any ninja left due to his actions. The fight this week was short and sweet, one enemy can be crossed off the list.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am Reply with quote
Still watching this one but it sure has dropped in quality compared to the first few episodes. The story has gone to shit and is jumping all over the place, the same can be said for the pacing and the show is failing horribly at setting up emotional moments. There are several big events that just lack impact because there was no proper build up at all. The fighting is still cool enough, I suppose, yet the rest being so poor is making that less enjoyable for me too.
ACxS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the animation dipped on this one.

But I will admit: I was low-key excited to see unequipped fighting again. The show was good for the first-half because of the fight scenes, until the Gusoku gear was introduced. Since then, things got a bit dull. Ninjas in robot suits fighting each other felt cheap to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2