• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Anime of Winter 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quentntarantado

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 am Reply with quote
I like Delicious in Dungeon, Frieren, Undead Unluck, and Dangers in my Heart, my top picks. I am also fond of Urusei Yatsura, and 'Tis Time for Torture Princess.
I'm happily surprised Delicious was one of the most mentioned, a little surprised Frieren was hardly mentioned.
simona.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:21 pm Reply with quote
My faves:
Bravern
Bucchigiri!
The Witch and the Beast
Blue Exorcist
Sengoku Youko
I also kinda liked Meiji Gekken: 1874
and some I still have to start watching (TωT)
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I hesitate to post my usual list since most of it is such a cliché due to there being several anime this season just towering over most others. Frieren, Apothecary Diaries and Delicious in Dungeon are in most posts for a reason.

As for what did surprise me:
Mr. Villain's Day Off is a fun time wth a weird mix of fluffy moments and a deadly war between aliens and rangers.

The Unwanted Undead Adventurer is a calm yet interesting fantasy adventure with a lot of likeable characters.

The Witch and the Beast has some real issues when it comes to the animation quality, but the setting and story are very interesting.

A Sign of Affection is so sweet it makes your teeth ache, it also looks very charming and it is relatively drama free.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Connor Dino wrote:
YourNameIsMitsuha wrote:
(take note Chainsaw Man, THIS is how you make a character death hit like a truck).

What?

Eh, it's just an opinion anyway.

Totally fine opinion, but...CSM came out in 2022. Just an odd comparison to make when no one brought up CSM. I am mostly just baffled by the thought process and hoped biting on the obvious bait would result in an explanation. Alas...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Every now and then I'm offside with the majority and this season it's The Dangers in My Heart 2. About half way through the first episode of the second season I realized I just didn't give a shit about these two. I enjoyed the first season but it gave me everything I needed from them. Clearly a minority stance.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Since most of my list has already been mentioned I will just bring up another show that deserves more love:

Weakest Tamer Was a beautiful story of a young girl's journey through a fantasy world with themes of found family.
It also has one of the best OP of the season, and a great ED as well.
Mightybutt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Frieren it is a masterpiece imo
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Every now and then I'm offside with the majority and this season it's The Dangers in My Heart 2. About half way through the first episode of the second season I realized I just didn't give a shit about these two. I enjoyed the first season but it gave me everything I needed from them. Clearly a minority stance.

Definitely a minority stance since the show clearly manages to hook its audience with clever writing and interesting main characters despite one being a cringey edge lord at the beginning, but you need empathy for teenagers‘ worries and some tolerance for ecchi content involving minors, so I get why this show isn‘t for everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am Reply with quote
Rouge should have been in that list

>Studio Madhouse continued to work some kind of mad alchemy with this practically perfect adaptation of an already superb manga

Funny of you that you didn't even mentioning thier masterpiece Afterlost or Police in Pod which was something more than the first lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3