• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical DoReMi Anime's 25th Anniversary Video Teases Main Leads, Now Grown-Up

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgree0032

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Well,for those who hate the 4Kids dub of "Magical DoReMi,"I'm among those who didn't really mind it too much. There are those who are going to come on to their keyboards in response to my statement and scream and yell that the 4Kids dub of this show was garbage and anyone who disagrees with them should be cast out of the ANN forums and the internet. I'm sorry,but I feel differently. I had no real problems with it and while it had some flaws in it,I never felt that it was the horror show others have said it is.

Here's the thing. It's a kid's anime. Well within the wheelhouse of 4Kids. It may be popular here to treat 4Kids as some kind of pinata to beat up and throw stones at,but I often feel differently. While I think it could have been a little better,the 4Kids dub of this show wasn't the most horrendous thing on earth. Like many of the other dubs they did,the 4Kids version of "Magical DoReMi" was well done in the voice acting department and I can't take that away from them. There may have been flaws in that version,but the English voice actors were very good and I think they have nothing to be ashamed of here.
I believe that people have a problem of the way 4kids handled the series script and censor wise, not the way the dub sounded in voice wise.
Nipasu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:52 pm Reply with quote
light turner wrote:
Did the 4Kids dub even make it far enough to have English voices for Onpu, Momoko, and Hana? I thought it only lasted a very short while

And that's assuming this even gets an official English release.

They only dubbed the first season (minus one episode) so they never reached Momoko or Hana.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am Reply with quote
I see what they did at 47.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2