• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Worst Anime of Winter 2024

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am Reply with quote
Hal14 wrote:
I will argue again that ShangriLa Frontier has some of the best looking fights in years (one I feel is even better than anything from Frieren) but the show overall? Meh.

If you see this, just wondered if you could tell me which episode had the best fight you mention? No current plans to ever watch the show but I’d be interested to check out the fight at least.
Philville

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am Reply with quote
NeverConvex wrote:
I'm not trying to be pedantic and pull out a dictionary, here, but 'objective' doesn't mean 'certain' -- there are even entire vistas of science and mathematics devoted precisely to studying the uncertain! 'objective' just means we're talking about a fixed feature of the world that won't vary depending on who observes, interprets, or reacts to it.

No worries, I pulled the dictionary out first. Razz That's interesting, and admittedly something I know next to nothing about. Even so, I'm left wondering who defines these "objective" parameters (scientifically or mathematically) to begin with, especially given that scientific models also undergo considerable (and sometimes paradigm-shifting) revisions over time (physics is a field that is constantly being refined and which contrasts opposing models, for instance). For centuries, bloodletting was an established "beneficial" medical practice taken to be "objectively" healthy... until it wasn't. In any case, I wasn't suggesting that "objectivity" doesn't exist (far from it!), only that "subjectivity" is inherent in criticism (again, originally in reply to Jabootu), since it is a foundational elements of the field of aesthetics, which is over two thousand years old. While I am prepared to accept that "objective" doesn't mean "certain", I don't see how a critical opinion can be divorced from a subjective perspective.

NeverConvex wrote:
If, say, I set out to make a realistic 3D model of a humanoid character but the end result is a jarring collage of anatomically impossible terror (which I have done in the past, quite frequently Laughing ), then the mismatch between my goal and what I achieved, and that it derived from my lack of technical ability, is an objective fact. The goal I set for myself was, of course, subjective; that I judged the gap as significant was probably a mix of subjective and objective (depending on what exactly about my monstrosity struck me as not achieving my goal, whether the mood it evoked or whether it failed in form on a more technical level).

I think I see what you mean, and it's interesting to hear about your own artistic process, but as you say yourself, at one point a value judgment enters the equation (hence my earlier point about the importance of remembering that the etymological origin of the words "criticism" is "to judge"). Anyway, I think we've covered this from a lot of different angles. Thanks for your input.

NeverConvex wrote:
In terms of critique, this can be used to make 'objective' statements, albeit with uncertainty, by viewing a show, noticing commonly made errors, and using expert judgement to assess whether they were more likely an artistic choice to deviate from convention, or a failure of ability.

Spot on – and I would expect this kind of "expert judgment" in a serious, full-fledged review... but my point is that it would still be subjective, since someone else's "expert judgment" might disagree (see my example above regarding the visuals of Ishura). I am thinking here of the work's reception -- not the artist's intention, as I suggested earlier.

uhuurt wrote:
I agree with the general sentiment here, but I see things slightly differently. What you call an "opinion piece" is mostly worthless in the eyes of many people, myself included, because it's as good as any random chat in your local bar. So there really is no reason for it to have any place on a site like this, and it should stay far away from any professional, serious terms like "review", "best", "worst", etc. The people who deserve to be payed to write about anime, or any art, are those competent enough and willing to weave their passion and skills to evaluate and judge media through objective parameters, on top of the subjective ones that everybody else is as good for.

Fair enough, but do you find the same faults in the lengthier episode reviews by the same authors, assuming you read those? That's a genuine question, because part of the problem with this kind of column is that it is necessarily going to be controversial and reductive (in terms of the space allotted to each author and show) and thus push people’s buttons -- which, for all I know, may be the point (although it would be ironic if I were to speculate about authorial intention in light of what I have been arguing). Maybe some authors are just trying to be controversial, but others seem genuinely disappointed with certain shows so I don't feel it's right to dismiss them all on the same grounds.

Jabootu wrote:
Indeed, Bocchi a great show. K-On! hits me harder because of its different goals, but both shows are 100% successful at what they are doing and I really like Bocchi as well. Also, and I am the last person to world to pretend to know anything about music, but I personally like the music in K-On! a lot more than in Bochhi. (Saying I don't things quite as much as K-On! is no insult, since I basically don't like much of anything quite as much as I like K-On!)

Same here (as far as the superior music in K-On! is concerned). And that reminds me that I need to watch the Haruhi concert scene again for the umpteenth time. And yes, the band t-shirt joke was stellar -- Bocchi is objectively one of the funniest and most creative shows I've seen in recent years.

Over and out.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am Reply with quote
Key wisely asserts

Quote:
Have to correct you on one thing here: Saturdays are The Apothecary Diaries days.

I knew I was forgetting something. However, rather than tussle, let me say that for me Saturdays were Dangers in My Heart and The Apothecary Diaries day. Luckily I don't work on Saturdays so having two shows that day (again, ones that defined the day, I also watched other, lesser shows) was no problem. In any case, both shows were of a quality that, as I tend to watch daily offers in order of weakest to strongest, I often paused to ponder whether to make Dangers or Apothecary the final show of the day. I'm sure they alternated to some extent.

Quoth Philville

Quote:
And yes, the band t-shirt joke was stellar -- Bocchi is objectively one of the funniest and most creative shows I've seen in recent years.

I see what you did there, you rapscallion.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am Reply with quote
Speaking personally, I don't usually watch series that are airing in the current season, but I am always down to read some F-tier garbage getting absolutely eviscerated. The same goes for the seasonal preview guides, when I actively seek out what look like the worst shows to enjoy the new ones being ripped. (Zac was so, SO good at doing that. Sad ) I think using the title "worst anime of the season" sets the expectation for that same sort of content, so it's a bit of a bummer to read a whole column of, "I know this wasn't the worst series, but I found it disappointing." I'm not saying that any reviewer should be forced to continue watching something godawful, lord no, but if the article doesn't include any of that sort of content, then I think changing the title to something like "most disappointing" helps get the message across to prospective readers much better.

(I've also enjoyed a lot of the meta-commentary going on about the nature of reviewing. Keep it up!)
uhuurt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am Reply with quote
Philville wrote:
Fair enough, but do you find the same faults in the lengthier episode reviews by the same authors, assuming you read those? That's a genuine question, because part of the problem with this kind of column is that it is necessarily going to be controversial and reductive (in terms of the space allotted to each author and show) and thus push people’s buttons -- which, for all I know, may be the point (although it would be ironic if I were to speculate about authorial intention in light of what I have been arguing). Maybe some authors are just trying to be controversial, but others seem genuinely disappointed with certain shows so I don't feel it's right to dismiss them all on the same grounds.

The writer I referred to in my post is new as far as I know so he hasn't written episode reviews yet. I'm definetly not looking forward to that moment though since all of his "contributions" to the site so far have been loaded with culture war talking points and preachings that would make a medieval priest blush, with very little actual passion for anime to show. This nonsensical latest outtake of his is by far his worst yet, so I don't want to think about what his reviews will look like, though I do know already it will absolutely be right to dismiss all of them as he's clearly not cut for the job.

You're right, every author is different, although those preaching I mentioned aren't new at all, this latest guy is simply the most egregious one. If the editorial side of the site weren't this politically sided to the point of looking like some kind of church at times, and in turn the average competence level of the reviewers were higher, there wouldn't be this many controversies. Then again, if that's the goal like you're considering, good job I guess, but that's not something worthy of any respect from me or anyone else.

Last edited by uhuurt on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
cutslo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:

cutslo wrote:
I don't think nobody actually expects a scientific investigation into what is objectively the worst anime of the season from an article like this. I mean, the closest you'll ever get to that would be just to point out what rated the lowest on MAL or something, and everyone can just look that up easily (it's Delusional Monthly, by the way). Something like this will only ever be "here's some things we personally thought were pretty bad in this season and we want to write about", only with a more catchy title.

It's just that it's pretty eyerolling when every writer feels the need to drop the same disclaimer up front instead of owning that their "worst of the season" might possibly not actually be the one everyone agrees on. If you're going to do that, you might as well just change the title too.

Agreed except I think it’s more than just an annoying disclaimer that people might not agree. I think most genuinely don’t feel their choices even might be the worst of the season for themselves subjectively if they’d watched more shows this season.

Kind of a less extreme form of: if someone only watched one show this year, it would technically be their personal Best and Worst, but they wouldn’t actually think of it in terms of both “Best Anime of 2024!” and “Worst Anime of 2024!” The terms imply something is very good or very bad when used outside of specific contexts.

Sure, but season-end opinions on shows that were dropped after one episode are pretty useless, especially since those already are in the season first impressions. I think "worst anime of the season (that we actually watched)" is pretty obviously implied so that's not the issue to me.

What is more of an actual issue is that, as has been pointed out, sometimes it's not even the worst show that they actually have enough experience with because they'd rather talk about something else for reasons. But I don't think that's common enough to be a constant problem worth getting worked up about.

Honestly though, the issue is, in my opinion, even simpler. At the end of the day, an article like this is just hot takes for entertainment. It's not about deciding anything or giving out an award or a number that gets put into Metacritic. So it's not an issue with the actual content (i. e., opinion) or with the headline. The issue is just one of writing. The idea is to be entertaining and I come to an article like this to read some funny sick burns or at the very least info about shows flaming out that I would not otherwise have had a reason to read about*. And when a major part of the content is just apologies or wishy-washy "it's not that bad but it's the worst I've seen and point X and Y are actually good about it", it just doesn't make for an entertaining read unless you have some inspired line of argument. Also, you can say it's not the worst, but if you're sure about that, at least mention what that is and why you're not writing about it instead. Or you know, just don't. Maybe don't force yourself to put something on the list if you haven't seen anything bad enough to fire you up.

And none of that is new, btw. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember, it just wasn't as egregious when the dedicated "missing the point" section wasn't its own article and just skippable sections in "Best AND Worst". But now it has its own comment thread and there you go.

* P.S. Failing both, I will also accept spicy meatballs like "widely beloved show Dungeon Meshi is actually the worst" attempts or absurd "Hokkaido Gals is flyover country propaganda and I'm not having it" tangents. Lucas, if you're reading this, next time pick Non Non Biyori since it applies just as "much" and NNB actually has a fanbase, and that's a comments section I'd love to see. Or if you don't want a lifetime supply of facepalms and really need to get it off your chest, pitch a thinkpiece how this relates to something like Shiki, i.e. shows where the idea actually does matter quite a lot.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Philville wrote:

You seem to have a pretty reasonable and measured response to this issue, so I’m somewhat surprised by that last sentence. I mean you surely acknowledge that “good” and “bad” aren’t fixed, objective markers, and that what you find "good" is precisely what someone else might find “bad”? I agree that there is something like “commonly understood objectivity” except as I pointed out tastes also change radically over time and are conditioned by all sorts of factors (and this applies to anime too). Van Gogh sold only one painting in his lifetime, as you may know. We always say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but prevailing standards of what merits the label of "art" are perpetually changing.

I was struck by this in particular when reading the previews for Ishura; one reviewer claimed the show looked good, the other said that it looked terrible (or something along those lines). Who’s right? Yes, we can start debating the color palette, background art, line work, compositing, rendering, keyframes etc., but at the end of the day you have two different subjective responses to the same work. There’s no accounting for taste – some people love, others hate 3DCG animation, to use one controversial example. Your first paragraph actually summarizes what I was suggesting about criticism being subjective. I think that what we’re really talking about isn’t whether criticism is subjective or objective, but rather whether a particular piece of criticism is good or bad (again, a matter of subjective interpretation), which ultimately comes down to how persuasive it is. Is it using convincing arguments based on analysis and attention to detail, or just reductive commentary based on gut reaction? You are pointing out that the reviewer’s criticism of a series because of negative personal experiences isn’t much of a critical argument, since it is a biased reaction. Then again, if this is an opinion piece (and even if it were a review), we can’t really fault the authors for this. What is problematic, as the comments show, is labelling these things “best” or “worse”, especially since this might stop people from actually checking out a series that might be worth their time because of their reliance on reviews (which was my initial point, in my first post). I'm always wary of reviewers who try to pass off their subjective impressions as fact, but at least most of these authors actually provided disclaimers (for which they are now getting flak). So, once again, the problem resides in the article title: if the words "best" and "worst" hadn't been used, we wouldn't even be having this discussion -- and perhaps the article would then have gotten less attention (which is the cynical way of seeing this).

I'd say my main problem with "subjectivity" is with people using it to defend or criticize anime and then saying "that's how I feel, you can't tell me I'm wrong because everything is subjective!" Like, "this show isn't bad, it's just not for you, I enjoyed it so it's good". Just like with morality, there are quite objective criteria and, like you called them, persuasive arguments one can use to praise or criticize a show. I'd actually prefer if people said "this is objectively good/bad in aspect such and such" and stood by it as long as they have arguments that don't rely only on their feelings. I want discussion and debate on color palettes on Ishura, to discuss whether the dislike is objective or subjective matter, and why so many 3DCG anime look bad - that's objective fact for many of them, even if some people subjectively don't mind bad 3D - and what those 3D shows that do look good or at least not awful do right, instead of people saying "well, I (dis)liked it!". Those are as empty and pointless as nihilists saying "there isn't good or evil, because everything is subjective", and I think nihilism is useless and stupid.

Adaptation of "Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer" objectively had awful animation, even if there were few people even on those forums that said they didn't mind it. Giving disclaimers before discussion of its failures with "I subjectively think it looks bad" is pointless and lazy IMHO, if you can point out clear failures in objective way, meaning with persuasive arguments. I only expect people to preface those arguments that they actually feel are quite subjective or personal (like Rebecca having bad reaction to some types of voices/noises), and if they're so subjective they're just random feelings they simply have no place in anything called review, go post your feelings on Twitter or something.
cutslo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm Reply with quote
People confusing "factual statement about an aggregate of subjective opinions" with "objective fact" once again, what else is new.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm Reply with quote
cutslo wrote:
Honestly though, the issue is, in my opinion, even simpler. At the end of the day, an article like this is just hot takes for entertainment. It's not about deciding anything or giving out an award or a number that gets put into Metacritic. So it's not an issue with the actual content (i. e., opinion) or with the headline. The issue is just one of writing. The idea is to be entertaining and I come to an article like this to read some funny sick burns or at the very least info about shows flaming out that I would not otherwise have had a reason to read about*. And when a major part of the content is just apologies or wishy-washy "it's not that bad but it's the worst I've seen and point X and Y are actually good about it", it just doesn't make for an entertaining read unless you have some inspired line of argument.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but from my reading of the article I just don’t think it’s primarily a writing issue unless we want them to dishonestly pretend to hate things that they don’t for entertainment purposes. I think the root cause is what you refer to later: that [almost] none of the writers saw anything bad enough this season to fire themselves up like that.

I’d also accept spicy meatballs like "widely beloved show Dungeon Meshi is actually the worst" if they had a writer available who believed that, but I don’t think they do. Just someone who didn’t like it much.
cutslo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
cutslo wrote:
Honestly though, the issue is, in my opinion, even simpler. At the end of the day, an article like this is just hot takes for entertainment. It's not about deciding anything or giving out an award or a number that gets put into Metacritic. So it's not an issue with the actual content (i. e., opinion) or with the headline. The issue is just one of writing. The idea is to be entertaining and I come to an article like this to read some funny sick burns or at the very least info about shows flaming out that I would not otherwise have had a reason to read about*. And when a major part of the content is just apologies or wishy-washy "it's not that bad but it's the worst I've seen and point X and Y are actually good about it", it just doesn't make for an entertaining read unless you have some inspired line of argument.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but from my reading of the article I just don’t think it’s primarily a writing issue unless we want them to dishonestly pretend to hate things that they don’t for entertainment purposes. I think the root cause is what you refer to later: that [almost] none of the writers saw anything bad enough this season to fire themselves up like that.

I’d also accept spicy meatballs like "widely beloved show Dungeon Meshi is actually the worst" if they had a writer available who believed that, but I don’t think they do. Just someone who didn’t like it much.

I had a whole thing here about how it really is a skill issue but making comedy gold out of a tepid opinion is extremely hard, but you know... Overall I think it's not my problem to solve and the whys don't really matter. I do think these kinds of articles are too bland and repetitive for my taste and that's really all I can say. Whether the solution is to tell the writers to go harder or to give them hazard pay to watch more garbage isekai or to weed out the dud takes more or to just not change anything because a couple of forum guy's opinion is not important is ANN's editiorial decision.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Cutslo sayeth

Quote:
People confusing "factual statement about an aggregate of subjective opinions" with "objective fact" once again, what else is new.

We know what good animation looks like and what bad animation looks like. We know good OSTs from lousy OSTs. We can discern good character writing from poor character writing. Expert world building from inept. Comic timing. Direction and editing. Action and fight scenes. Original writing from a thudding reliance on clichés. (Although originality is generally overrated and less important than execution.) Etc.

The Eminence is Shadow is factually a better comic / action isekai than Instant Death Ability. Everything it does it does better than that show, in every single artistic arena. Is it possible to like Instant Death Ability better? Somehow, yes. But that's subjective. Eminence's superiority as a work is not. That's why nearly every single selection in the article we're discussing, except for Lord of the Ring Wives or whatever that thing is--because that is patently actually bad--came with disclaimers from the writers stating that their particular choice wasn't actually the worst anime this season. How did they know it wasn't actually the worst? Because you can tell a good show from a bad one, a competent show from an incompetent one.

There is valid play on the margins on these things when talented people challenge norms in a way that many people find displeasing but which has a point to make. On the main, though, the fun comes when you start grading things that are very good or bad into finite categories like "best" and "worst." Is Apothecary Diaries better than Dangers In My Heart? Is Bocchi better than K-On! Is Frieren better than Mushoku Tensie? Is Ex-Arm worse than...well, OK, in that case the answer is always yes. Never mind.

It's at this point we do enter again the land of subjectivity, and enjoy the arguments we read and make ourselves for their entertainment value and hopefully because they make you think about the works and art at large in different ways than you had before. But Frieren is objectively a better anime than Delusional Magazine Monthly. You can say all day long that's not a fact. But you'd be wrong.

Last edited by Jabootu on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
cutslo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Cutslo sayeth

Quote:

We know what good animation looks like and what bad animation looks like. We know good OSTs from lousy OSTs. We can discern good character writing from poor character writing. Expert world building from inept. Comic timing. Direction and editing. Action and fight scenes. Original writing from a thudding reliance on clichés. (Although originality is generally overrated and less important than execution.) Etc.

The Eminence is Shadow is factually a better comic / action isekai than Instant Death Ability. Everything it does it does better that that show, in every single artistic arena. Is it possible to like Instant Death Ability better? Somehow, yes. But that's subjective. Eminence's superiority as a work is not. That's why nearly every single selection in the article we're discussing, except for Lord of the Ring Wives or whatever that thing is--because that is patently actually bad--came with disclaimers from the writers stating that their particular choice wasn't actually the worst anime this season. How did they know it wasn't actually the worst? Because you can tell a good show from a bad one, a competent show from an incompetent one.

There is valid play on the margins on these things when talented people challenge norms in a way that many people find displeasing but which has a point to make. On the main, though, the fun comes when you start grading things that are very good or bad into finite categories like "best" and "worst." Is Apothecary Diaries better than Dangers In My Heart? Is Bocchi better than K-On! Is Frieren better than Mushoku Tensie? At that point we do enter again the land of subjectivity, and enjoy the arguments for their entertainment value and hopefully because they make you think about the subjects and art at large in different ways than you had before. But Frieren is objectively a better anime than Delusional Magazine Monthly. You can say all day long that's not a fact. But you'd be wrong.

There is no objective standard for animation quality, so no. If you disagree show me the figures and there better not be an opinion involved at any stage. There is indeed an objective truth about what people generally consider good animation (your "we know" part), and if I said "Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer has good animation, actually" it would be definitive reason to question what the hell I'm on about, but it still isn't objectively, provably wrong. It's just an extremely outlandish opinion that almost nobody else shares.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Cutslo doth assert

Quote:
There is no objective standard for animation quality, so no.

There is, though, in fact there are several of them. What's the framerate? Is the animation static or fluid? Do the characters stay on model or do they look different from shot to shot? Does the cat look like a cat or can you not tell what the hell it is? Do things mysteriously change color from shot to shot? The animation is Ex-Arm is objectively, factually bad. The animation in Akira or Spirited Away is objectively, inspiringly, factually good.

Now when the discussion revolves around different styles of animation, and whether one is intrinsically better than another--the literalism of Frieren over the stylization of Ping Pong the Animation, for instance--then you enter territory where factuality doesn't enter into it. That's largely, however, because the animation in both is expert and each achieves exactly what it's seeking to. However, the idea that there's no objective criteria for what is good animation and what is bad is just flat wrong.
cutslo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Cutslo doth assert

Quote:
There is no objective standard for animation quality, so no.

There is, though, in fact there are several of them. What's the framerate? Is the animation static or fluid? Do the characters stay on model or do they look different from shot to shot? Does the cat look like a cat or can you not tell what the hell it is? Do things mysteriously change color from shot to shot? The animation is Ex-Arm is objectively, factually bad. The animation in Akira or Spirited Away is objectively, inspiringly, factually good.

No, there really isn't. Ending spoilers: spoiler[Debate clubs have been doing this for millennia. The argument usually quickly goes places like "never mind art, let's talk about which car is objectively better" and after a lot of hilarity the last recourse of "there are objective standards in art" viewpoint is "well, it's just obvious, so there", at which point they are declared the loser. It's trivially easy to reduce to absurdum or to provide counterexamples to literally any point you will be able to come up with. You can trust me on this.]

* What's the framerate? Framerate is an objective number, but what matters is the difference between the frames unless you want to tell me that a sequence of identical images is just as good as one that actually moves. Please tell me the exact motion vectors that make a frame transition objectively good, khtxbai. Also, in unrelated news, there now is no anime with good animation because they inevitably all have a lower animation framrate than a Disney feature from the 30s.

* Static or fluid? How do you measure that? what is "objectively" fluid? Is there more than these two values? Which one is even better? Is it ALWAYS better or can it be used to make an artistic statement? Again, provide the math.

* Do the characters stay on model or do they look different from shot to shot? More like Ping Pong the Objectively Bad Animation, right? CG anime is always automatically on model unless you take care to prevent it. The shows that do are usually the onces called "good looking".

* Does the cat look like a cat or can you not tell what the hell it is? Prove conclusively that "thing looks like thing" maps directly to quality. While you're at it, also prove that animation is not in all cases objectively worse than live action.

* Do things mysteriously change color from shot to shot? Please rigorously define "mysterious".

And so on. I get it, this stuff seems tempting and soooo obvious, but you really have to understand that "objectively" is a tough cookie and you will be required to provide proofs in formal logic.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
Well, I'll just throw in my two cents and say that while this article was entertaining to read, it definitely should be "Most Disappointing" rather than "Worst". I can't blame people for not even bothering to watch the actual worst shows, since there are plenty that are obviously bad right from the outset.

Well that and the people who keep mentioning seemingly forget what they are aware of which is good and bad is subjective and what one person may think is the worst is not going to be universally agreed upon.

Which is why we have “so bad it’s good”.

All the complaints seemingly amount “what do you mean you guys thought this show I liked was the worst?”.

And for as much as people have insisted they should just make an article instead listing anime they thought was disappointing instead of what they thought was the worst I hope if they take that idea up. That everyone will accept whatever anime gets selected for said list without complaint, protest, or “actually”.

Gem-Bug wrote:
Honestly, the worst thing I think I've seen this season is officially this thread. Rolling Eyes

Nah believe it or not (and redundant as it sounds giving the recurrent theme of said thread).

We’ve had worse threads Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12