• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warner Bros. Japan to Produce Over 10 Anime Titles Per Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
Like others have said there is already a ton of anime every season, so much so that being picky still means having a lot to watch. There is such a thing as oversaturation and there not being enough viewers to keep up with the ever increasing supply.

Seriously? You think that the biggest issue with there being too many anime anime at once is that there aren't "enough viewers to keep up", and not the fact that the anime industry has a serious overproduction problem, that affects both the quality of the product and specially the lives of the staff. and that moves like this only make it worse?
Bertram

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
If I'm reading the article correctly, this is about WB Japan, which has been in anime industry since 2011, increasing its annual output.
Why is (almost) everyone debating about the deeds of (heh) evil father on the other side of the Pacific?

Idk. This sounds like they're going to make regular anime rather than try to make anime based off Warner Bros. properties to me so I don't think it has anything to do with stuff going on here in America.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

2. Western companies investing/jumping into anime is a bit divisive among anime fans

Are these the same people that somehow are OK with Korean webtoons getting anime adaptation, or if another Asian countries invest into Japanese anime? If they are, then these people are I don't know how to put this, maybe "racist" for allowing Korea, or China to invest into anime, but not allow a western companies to be involved. I deemed that a double standard racism if they were hostile toward western investment into anime, but are OK with South Korea, and Mainland China getting involved with anime production.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Avec ou Nous wrote:
Jabootu wrote:
Finally! Hopefully this will help solve the severe dearth of anime every season!

There's 50+ anime for the Winter 2024 season alone. Is that really a "severe dearth"?
tell me, how many of those are good worth watching?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:46 am Reply with quote
Avec ou Nous wrote:

I've genuinely see people say there's no good anime being made despite having near 100 options at any given time from new and continuing shows.

It's just the same thing people always say about Hollywood
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:26 am Reply with quote
This isn't surprising. Eventually, they always lean into it. Well, at least they knew to warn a brother.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3