• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gods' Games We Play Anime Gets Same-Day English Dub on April 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting this to be a same-day dub but considering it had an early screening I'm also not completely surprised.

Also kind of makes sense as a low-risk show to use newer/younger talent with an experienced director.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I wasn't expecting this to be a same-day dub but considering it had an early screening I'm also not completely surprised.

Also kind of makes sense as a low-risk show to use newer/younger talent with an experienced director.

I'm shocked that none of the big hitting series got day one dubs such as Konosuba, Spice and Wolf, Laid-Back Camp, Mushoku Tensei and Date a Live.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 pm Reply with quote
^ Laid-Back Camp S2's dub is still airing, so they'll probably go right into season 3 when season 2's dub finishes.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:44 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
^ Laid-Back Camp S2's dub is still airing, so they'll probably go right into season 3 when season 2's dub finishes.

Yeah I'm following it each week as well and you're right that season 3 will have already started while season 2 is wrapping up its dub. I'm starting to think that Crunchyroll are waiting to dub season 2 of Love Live! Superstar right before season 3 begins, similar to what they're doing with Laid-Back Camp.
merr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:15 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
I'm shocked that none of the big hitting series got day one dubs such as Konosuba, Spice and Wolf, Laid-Back Camp, Mushoku Tensei and Date a Live.

Whether something gets a same day dub probably has more to do with the production timing in Japan than how popular the show is expected to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1