• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Highspeed Étoile (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Highspeed Étoile (TV)

Source: Original

Demographic:

Animation Studio: Studio A-Cat

Genres: drama, science fiction

Themes: automobiles, racing, social media

Plot Summary: In the near future, the latest technology has made it so vehicles can travel at 500 km/h (about 310 mph) safely and securely. A next-generation race event called NEX Race is born, which changes the world of racing. NEX Racing features AI control support and a "Revolburst" mechanism.

A newcomer named Rin Rindo will make her debut in NEX Race, and will further revolutionize the sport. Rin once had a dream of becoming a ballet dancer, but had to give up on that dream due to an injury. Afterward, she became a NEET and a gamer who lived in her grandmother's house. But one day, she is suddenly thrown into the world of racing.

Air Date & Platform:
April 5, 2024 (Friday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
----------------------------------

From shattered ballet dance to gamer to professional racer. I'm getting some Gran Turismo (2023) vibes. I can only hope this is as compelling of a story.

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping I'll enjoy this more than the recent MF Ghost or the other racing show that came out in the same season, the name of which I have already forgotten. The fact that it's chicks who are racing is a good start...
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:50 am Reply with quote
The fact that it has chicks is probably the only thing you will like about it. Everything else such as the animation, story and the god awful pacing is horrible. I had issues with MF Ghost and the other one, yet Highspeed Etoile makes those two look like masterpieces.

Dropped.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm hoping I'll enjoy this more than the recent MF Ghost or the other racing show that came out in the same season, the name of which I have already forgotten. ..

smurky turkey wrote:
I had issues with MF Ghost and the other one, yet Highspeed Etoile makes those two look like masterpieces. .

That other anime was *Overtake!* you...you...plebians! And it was a fine show. Granted, I had to take a break for about 5 weeks around episode 7 because the main character's PTSD arc was getting a little drawn out and I wanted to binge through it, but the anime...well, just fill in your own cheap pun about crossing the finish line here. I'm going to be too busy saying things like "Alack" and lamenting the isolation that comes from having refined taste.

Dammit, where did I put that beret....

Oh, as to this show? Ehh. I was a little intrigued by the Sci-Fi element, but for whatever reason, I found the race itself as boring as an infomercial.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1