• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mission: Yozakura Family (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Mission: Yozakura Family (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 23 volumes, Hitsuji Gondaira)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: Silver Link

Genres: action, comedy, thriller

Themes: school, spies

Plot Summary: Taiyo Asano is a super shy high school student and the only person he can talk to is his childhood friend, Mutsumi Yozakura. It turns out that Mutsumi is the daughter of the ultimate spy family. Even worse, Mutsumi is being harassed by her overprotective, nightmare of a brother, Kyoichiro. Taiyo will have to take drastic steps to save Mutsumi.

Air Date & Platform:
April 7, 2024 (Sunday)
Available on: Disney+, Hulu

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
----------------------------------

Sounds like a variation of Spy x Family, though this seems to have a lot of supporting characters in the key art. It's got quite a bit of source material, so it must have something going for it.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:09 pm Reply with quote
The first episode was okay enough. The premise is somewhat interesting and the characters are quirky yet it is very predictable and does not do anything that makes it stand out in any way. It is a very mid start and honestly an entertaining mid show is not a bad thing.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:24 am Reply with quote
The premise is very absurd and I can point to many things in the first two episodes and question it but as long as you turn your brain off it is a decent romp. I do feel bad for Taiyo and how much bullshit he has to go through though.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:24 am Reply with quote
With each episode we are getting further and further away from actual spy activities but at least it is fun. Taiyo might not be very talented but his sheer strength of will is something to behold (and worry about).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1