• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viral Hit (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FanGamer24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the series myself, read the comic from beginning to end and it really is a case of "it gets better". You really had to slog through the opening chapters because it spends so much time establishing Hobin's character and circumstances.

The thing is its hard to like him because of how over the top the circumstances are and how pathetic he is. The good news is he does improve as he builds confidence and gets better at fighting. I'm definitely grateful for the sped up pacing since it means next week we start to get into what makes the series so fun, the fights. Specifically how a pathetic weakling with no fighting experience can take on people bigger and stronger than him.

Hopefully this is one of those shows thats picks up a following as it goes because I'd hate to see people dismiss it entirely just because of the rough start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2