• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ro-Kyu-Bu's Japanese 'Primary School Girls Are Great' Shirt Cancelled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
I'm still gonna get one of the english ones AND wear it in public. I could care less if people have a problem with it. Let 'em say something and see what happens.

Yeah, you go do that. I'll just wait for the video of "what happens" to you to show up on Youtube.

Can't say I'm either surprised nor disappointed this was cancelled. It's for the best, it would have just further lowered the public's view on anime fandom.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:

Yeah, you go do that. I'll just wait for the video of "what happens" to you to show up on Youtube.

Can't say I'm either surprised nor disappointed this was cancelled. It's for the best, it would have just further lowered the public's view on anime fandom.

You should not care what the public thinks of anime fandom. I could give 2 s words about what the public thinks about anime fandom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:
I'm still gonna get one of the english ones AND wear it in public. I could care less if people have a problem with it. Let 'em say something and see what happens.

What makes you think anything's gonna happen to me? If someone has a problem with it, they can kiss my **s. They wanna start something, they better hope they can finish it otherwise I'll do that for them.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
You should not care what the public thinks of anime fandom. I could give 2 s words about what the public thinks about anime fandom.

Thank you! That's the kind of attitude I wanna hear. You should be proud of who you are. **** everyone else who says otherwise.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Oy vey. Things that some people will be proudly indignant about.

bored-otaku wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Thank you! That's the kind of attitude I wanna hear. You should be proud of who you are. **** everyone else who says otherwise.

Come down off the cross; we can use the wood.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Failachu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Yes it is awful news. I would have worn the shirt....just not in public that is and maybe once I lived on my own where no once else could see me during the day.

I highly doubt that people watch Ro-Kyu-Bu while wearing clothes in the first place. It is a bummer though, that shirt looked comfy.
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

You know, there are better reasons to nail yourself on the cross.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha........... This is just like those stupid Japanese tattoos!

And people complain at the stereotype that anime are full of creepers in the news about "Man Arrested for Holding Woman Captive He Met at June Anime Con." Not helping your cause, folks! Laughing
(Like him, ya might have cellmate-of-the-year Bubba on your ass!)

msgundam2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they'll be others to make 'Primary School Girls Are Great' T-shirts. It's not like anyone owns the exclusive rights over the sentence 'Primary School Girls Are Great'.

If they trademark it, they could. Wink

Failachu wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Yes it is awful news. I would have worn the shirt....just not in public that is and maybe once I lived on my own where no once else could see me during the day.

I highly doubt that people watch Ro-Kyu-Bu while wearing clothes in the first place.

Ewwwwwwwww......................? Laughing
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
I think these should also be cancelled in America D;, that would be extremely creepy if you see some older aged guy wearing this shirt, but if they are printed in Japanese-Text then I they can keep it ... not many americans would even know what it means so lets the weirdo be a weirdo without people having to give stairs protecting their kids.

It has nothing to do with America; both versions of the shirt, English and Japanese, were being made for the Japanese market. They cancelled the Japanese-language one because they figured not enough people would buy it, but with English text it's more wearable since not everyone will understand it.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, maybe its just me. I think wearing one of these shirts is akin to having a shirt that says "I'm a possible pedophile" or "They're only animated kids, so its okay!"

I guess that's cool now? Personally I think you would have to be out of your mind to wear that even if it is in Japanese and people cant read it. But hey if that's what gets ya' going nothing anyone says is gonna change your mind.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so does this mean somebody is gonna come out with a, "Primary School Girls Suck" T-shirt? Twisted Evil
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Okay, so does this mean somebody is gonna come out with a, "Primary School Girls Suck" T-shirt? Twisted Evil

BRB, copyright office.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:

It has nothing to do with America; both versions of the shirt, English and Japanese, were being made for the Japanese market. They cancelled the Japanese-language one because they figured not enough people would buy it, but with English text it's more wearable since not everyone will understand it.

"English is cool!" Laughing

wayne-kun wrote:
I don't know, maybe its just me. I think wearing one of these shirts is akin to having a shirt that says "I'm a possible pedophile" or "They're only animated kids, so its okay!"

I guess that's cool now? Personally I think you would have to be out of your mind to wear that even if it is in Japanese and people can't read it. But hey if that's what gets ya' going nothing anyone says is gonna change your mind.

Hey, if they're gonna wear it, then there shouldn't be complaints when other people start calling them or their hobby "bad" things. Ya can only make one first impression. Laughing

Blood- wrote:

Ah, I see where you're going there! Laughing
("But have they swallows?" on the back.)
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:

"Engrish is cool jams!" Laughing

There, fixed it for ya.
százlábú

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Failachu wrote:
I highly doubt that people watch Ro-Kyu-Bu while wearing clothes in the first place.

This show best viewed with a shimapan on the head. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3