• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cosplay patterns

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mika Chang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:02 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know where I can find some patterns? I have no talent when it comes to designing outfits. The ones i am interested in are Vash the Stampede, Legato Bluesummers, And Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun, Washu and Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo and Moonbay from Zoids. I have searched and searched and turned up nothing. Crying or Very sad Please help!
Hotaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:08 am Reply with quote
Hmm....I dunno...we found a pattern (I think it was butters or butterick or something like that) that is like a chinese-dress pattern. We haven't actually used it yet, but you may want to try looking for jacket or suit patterns that you can alter, or have someone help you alter!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zimbach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Unless you have some fashion design training (and I'm sure there are books on the subject) your best bet is to look through the pattern catalogs at the fabric store for something similar enough and make modifications to suit your needs.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:27 pm Reply with quote
zimbach wrote:

Unless you have some fashion design training (and I'm sure there are books on the subject) your best bet is to look through the pattern catalogs at the fabric store for something similar enough and make modifications to suit your needs.

There are some resources on the net that can help you with modifications and such..

In fact, the best one I can think of is the Cosplay Mailing List (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosp/). They've got some of the best costumers from around the world on there. I'm sure they'll be able to help, particularly with some of the more complex costumes, like Vash.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1