• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Cowbow Bebop" marathon

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anime uncut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:26 pm Reply with quote
How was it yesterday?
Shower scenes in full (full body) or cut?
Cgoten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:39 pm Reply with quote
It's the same cut they show during regular Adult Swim blocks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
anime uncut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:58 pm Reply with quote
We're talking about the nudity in the media issue in great lengths at my board.
Like digital nudity in video games, I don't think cartoon nudity really makes any difference.
Yes Cookie, this issue originates from hentai and anime, so in that respect, it is related to anime.
mrttocs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or does every post you make have something to do with nude anime characters 'anime uncut'.Not that Im judging mind you, just observing.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:17 pm Reply with quote
*Files topics like these under "Don't you get tried of trying to make a point." type of topics.* Give a rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hagakure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Once again, I wish to avoid nitpicking, but I think you have misunderstood the fundementals of "Teh Rules."

They exist so that the owners/proprietors/editors will not need to suffer any "fallout" from the public. I totally agree that the majority of what you are objecting to can be pretty unreasonable, but I see in no way how you think you can just disclose others as being bandwagon "system" drones.

When I say fallout, I am reffering to negative input from readers. Adimittedly the majority of what I speak of comes from people who have no interest in anime and a just being zealots, but that can seriously affect the sucess of a website.

For example:

You start that poll you seem so eager to ask about. Some kid comes on here and posts in it, which he/she most certainly has the right to. His/her parents find out and object to the content.

Do you know who gets the shaft? The people who run this site.

That is why there are rules in place against it. You may not like it or think it is unfair, but its the world we live in and those who own this site have the right to take out protection against it. You are free to go set up your own forum completely devoted to the topic and set up a disclaimer. Free country, no one will stop you. But the rules on this board are set by its owners and are expected to be obeyed simply to avoid attack on the rights of the owners.

No one here has blantanly attacked, or even dissagreed with you. They simply do not want to make trouble for good people.

Wanna make some noise about it? Take it to capitalist society, not on an anime weboard. Being determined is something I personally value, one shouldn't just accept it the way it is. But one must take it where it needs to be, and not make trouble for those who do not deserve it.
Hagakure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:59 pm Reply with quote
BTW, I must say your indirect approach to the topic is not very good. If you have a point to make, at least be firm.

"It is related to anime because anime is related to hentai that was watched by the cat that ate the rat who lived with a mouse who made a home in the house that Jack built, so HA!!"
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:38 am Reply with quote
You start that poll you seem so eager to ask about. Some kid comes on here and posts in it, which he/she most certainly has the right to. His/her parents find out and object to the content.

Do you know who gets the shaft? The people who run this site.

That is why there are rules in place against it. You may not like it or think it is unfair, but its the world we live in and those who own this site have the right to take out protection against it. You are free to go set up your own forum completely devoted to the topic and set up a disclaimer. Free country, no one will stop you. But the rules on this board are set by its owners and are expected to be obeyed simply to avoid attack on the rights of the owners.

No one here has blantanly attacked, or even dissagreed with you. They simply do not want to make trouble for good people.

Wanna make some noise about it? Take it to capitalist society, not on an anime weboard. Being determined is something I personally value, one shouldn't just accept it the way it is. But one must take it where it needs to be, and not make trouble for those who do not deserve it.

If that kid's parents complain about the content, THAT'S THEIR OWN DAMN PROBLEM!
And no, they can't say anything for Cookie, Tempest, and the rest have no control over what the world does, and they know it!

Also, yes this subject is important to me, and one I think that should be talked about.
It's not my fault you're all a bunch of crybabies "OOH a topic about nudes, something we never talk about and never should."
Bla-bla-bla...
GROWUP!
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:42 am Reply with quote
And I never said anything as vague as hentai is related to anime.
I said the nudity in the media issue originated in both hentai and anime, therefor it is directly related.

If you can't follow a simple line of text...
SHUTUP!
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:48 am Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

Also, yes this subject is important to me, and one I think that should be talked about.
It's not my fault you're all a bunch of crybabies "OOH a topic about nudes, something we never talk about and never should."
Bla-bla-bla...
GROWUP!

Actually, it's more of a "Do you know how to follow rules?" thing. The admin set rules. We have to follow them. Period. If you want to talk about the subject, take it to your boards, where you said you talk about nudity to great lengths. If the admins feel that you haven't followed one of the rules, deal with it. Don't get all whiny about it. If you don't agree, no one is forcing you to stay here. There have been many forums where I didn't agree with the rules....I simply left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mrttocs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:59 am Reply with quote
Well said Hagakure and Cassandra.As for crying I think we all know its you anime uncut who's the one being baby.They said they don't want you putting up your poll so just accept it.The reason parents would complain is because theres people like you who want to talk to their 13 year old daughters about nudity.Im only 16 but when Im older and if I ever have a daughter I know I wouldn't want her talking to somebody over the internet who's a lot older than her about that kind of issue.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:14 am Reply with quote
This is turning into that thread about Sailor Moon R....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:30 pm Reply with quote
mrttocs wrote:

Well said Hagakure and Cassandra.As for crying I think we all know its you anime uncut who's the one being baby.They said they don't want you putting up your poll so just accept it.The reason parents would complain is because theres people like you who want to talk to their 13 year old daughters about nudity.Im only 16 but when Im older and if I ever have a daughter I know I wouldn't want her talking to somebody over the internet who's a lot older than her about that kind of issue.

What the hell kind of time are you living in?
Certainly not the 21st Century.
Alot of people talk to kids about nudity AND sexuality, in fact, they encourage their kids to BE nude.
As for me being a baby, you're the one to talk, afraid of new issues that hasn't been discussed before, and what the hell kind of rule have I broken?!
Nudity is not anywhere near sex!
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it's more of a "Do you know how to follow rules?" thing. The admin set rules. We have to follow them. Period. If you want to talk about the subject, take it to your boards, where you said you talk about nudity to great lengths. If the admins feel that you haven't followed one of the rules, deal with it. Don't get all whiny about it. If you don't agree, no one is forcing you to stay here. There have been many forums where I didn't agree with the rules....I simply left.
There is absolutely no rule that says nudity in TV, cartoons, and other media cannot be discussed.
Even if the topic was about sex, it's still not against the rules unless I go into graphic detail or use obscenities.
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:37 pm Reply with quote
That other board is for video games not anime.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2