• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America March 2012 Solicitation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote

House of Five Leaves: Complete Series Premium Edition due out on 3/6/12.
Quote:
This premium edition includes a full-color, 30-page hardcover artbook featuring character information, episode guides, artwork, behind-the-scenes storyboards, draft designs, concept art, and a glossary of terms for insight into the culture of feudal Japan.

Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Textless Opening, Textless Ending, Japanese Trailer.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

via TRSI...

© Natsume Ono / Shogakukan, Sarai-ya Goyou Committee

Last edited by WTK on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Whoa...

Did NOT see that coming. I guess people can stop saying Funimation is putting a roadblock on shows they stream, but don't acquire home media rights to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, neat! KoH makes a good point that that gives hope to other series that were streamed by Funi!

But since I've already got the first 5 manga, I shant be getting the DVDs due to my "manga or anime unless vastly different" collection policy (even if Viz puts out IKKI manga at a snails pace so I can expect vol 8 to come out in like two years). And with only 3 more manga to go, I think I'll go that route.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Sigh. I didn't really dig this show (the first few episodes I saw, anyway) so I am not super-jazzed about this NISA acquisition, but I am committed to getting any premium edition they put out, so second chance, here I come.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I... I...

That's awesome, but...

This must mean that there won't be a Tatami Galaxy release (if this is what Justin was referring to). Well, I mean there's still a possibility, but I don't have the hopes like I did when Justin made that announcement on ANNCast.

Sad

Damn. It's a good thing I had such an amazing day, or else this would just ruin my mood.

I MAY buy this LE to support NISA (I really like you guys). I'm also considering on buying Kimi ni Todoke.

Oh NISA, you release so many quality series, just not the ones I'm really gunning for and I want to purchase a LE for. I want them, but I'd happily settle for a regular edition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. I actually have not bought a single NISA show yet simply because they've had nothing that appeals to me. However, I love their business model, I love that they picked up this show and I love that I'll finally have a chance to support them.

The King of Harts wrote:
I guess people can stop saying Funimation is putting a roadblock on shows they stream, but don't acquire home media rights to.

I still maintain that it was a legitimate concern at the time although yes, it's clear now that this isn't an issue. Kudos to Funimation for that.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Additional artwork added to the first post.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
NISA Online Store
Quote:
• Exclusive Bonus Item: House of Five Leaves Paper Character Maple Leaves

The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Good thing it's not House of Seven Leaves, because then that would look a hell of a lot like Cannabis.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
While I dig the bonus item, you know what would be an even better bonus? Blu-ray. I know why they're not, but still... It would be great.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 am Reply with quote
I should get into conversation starters. Just have them scattered around the place to provoke the wonder and curiosity of visitors.
I'm sure it would make me very, very cool.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Exclusive Bonus Item: House of Five Leaves Paper Character Maple Leaves

What is this, I don't even...

I want this release, and I find the price agreeable, but I need to time it right. I already have $300 tied up in Madoka preorders, and I've got another $100 in a figure arriving from Japan sometime in April. And I need to buy the last twelve volumes of Red River before they go OOP too. I probably can slip this puppy in, but I will be hoping for a early spring, so I can stop paying for heat. Come on, global warming! I don't drive a gas-guzzling Jeep for nothing!
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
AJMkarate717 wrote:
While I dig the bonus item, you know what would be an even better bonus? Blu-ray. I know why they're not, but still... It would be great.

There is virtually no chance of that happening. There was no BD release in Japan. And the chance of that happening in Japan isn't high since the series is said to have sold poorly there. I don't see why NIS America would want to do this themselves with the extra cost even if Japan allows them.
supercreep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this is a chipboard box?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
Does anyone know if this is a chipboard box?

No, it won't be chipboard (if NISA's previous premium editions are any guide) but the artbox is extremely sturdy. We're not talking the cheap crap that Aniplex uses for its limited editions. I should say, I don't think NISA uses chipboard but maybe it is, just a different kind from what I am used to in chipboard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2