• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heroic Age.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
*Grumble, grumble, grumble* I can only find one release of episode 2 and it was an intentionally corrupted release because the fansub group doesn't like the show and called it "Moronic Age" on their little site. They also said nothing good has come out of this season though I could name about a dozen shows that I plan on sticking with this season. But it's not their opinions that bother me, it's that they wasted my time and others with an unwatchable sub just because they're too spoiled by their free anime.

Hopefully I can the join those of you that have seen it with a better copy tomorrow...

Emerje

Wow that sucks. I hate it when groups do stuff like that. It's a waste of time for eveyone and just plain sad on their part. If they don't like HA they don't have to sub it... they should sub Kotetsushin Jeeg instead Very Happy .

As for Heroic Age, I found episode 2 to be pretty darn good. I was unsure of what my thoughts were on this one but I've been convinced to stick with it for the season. I agree with you on the depth, Facade19. They surprised me with the Biblical references and the possible potential this series has. Now, in fear that I'm not making much sense (it's late and I'm tired), I'll wait until tomorrow to share the rest of my thoughts Wink .
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
hentai4me wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Saw the second episode an hour ago and I have to say it has stayed relativly enjoyable. It seems that the ace pilot is a bit jealous of Age, but understands Age's importance. The battles were pretty cool, heh Nodos reminds me of a monster from Yugiho. Razz

There was one thing that confused me a bit, Age said at the begining of the episode that the spoiler[Golden tribe would retore the deserted planet he had been living on as long as the tribes could get along.] But then when the princess was spoiler[reciting the 12 commandments they sounded basically like commands for conquest of the other tribes.] I mean it just looks like the Humans are the evil ones in all of this, spoiler[taking the other homeworlds of the other tribes to be at the disposal of the humans is wrong.] No wonder there is a war...Hmm now thinking back were the spoiler[12 commandments given to them by] the Golden tribe...I thought they said that theyspoiler[ made a few up for themselves]...but I can't remember. Any ways the spoiler[contracts just seem way too unfair, humans ruling the universe. ]I may be thinking about this prematurly but I just don't like the fact that spoiler[humans are destined to rule over] other sentient life forms. That aside I liked this episode and as the series so far...it is looking good. Wink Very Happy

Just wondering...have you read the Bible? Particularly the Old Testament? There are some noticeable parallels between this and that. (I've only read this thread, not watched the show so I don't know if they pan out in the series but from just reading this...)

Yes I know the parallels, the 12 commandments-the 10 commandments, I haven't read the whole bible just certain, parts mostly the ones we went over in CCD. Wink

Not really the commandments as thats likely to be just superficial.

When Moses led the Israelites to their promised land it was already inhabited by a large number of Pagan tribes (the Ameleokites were particularly hated) which God ordered Moses to tell the Israelites to kill and occupy their lands.

Numbers 31 vs 1-18
Deuteronomy 25 vs 17-19
1 Samuel 15 vs 1-9
This one tells us specifically that God says, in verse 3,
'Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep...etc'

I am noticing the parallel between the actions of the humans and the old testament...
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Not really the commandments as thats likely to be just superficial.

When Moses led the Israelites to their promised land it was already inhabited by a large number of Pagan tribes (the Ameleokites were particularly hated) which God ordered Moses to tell the Israelites to kill and occupy their lands.

Numbers 31 vs 1-18
Deuteronomy 25 vs 17-19
1 Samuel 15 vs 1-9
This one tells us specifically that God says, in verse 3,
'Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep...etc'

I am noticing the parallel between the actions of the humans and the old testament...

Whoa I guess they are very closly related, I knew about Moses and the Israelites taking the promise land by force but didn't read much before or after that. I am glad you pointed that out. Very Happy It does still bother me that they would wipe out intelligent life...and it doesn't really answer the queston I had, why would the gold tribe tell Age that if there is peace between the four tribes they will restore his planet, it seems his destiny is to help the humans but they plan to go on a conquest...doesn't that ruin his chance to have peace with the four tribes thus not making his wish come true for his planet to be restored? Did the Golden Tribe mean a forced peace? I am a bit confused by this.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:
they should sub Kotetsushin Jeeg instead Very Happy .

I hope not, I'm actually looking forward to that one. I just hope it's a little more faithful to the original than Raideen has been...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Age was somehow cute during the second episode. A "monkey" indeed.

omar235 wrote:
I mean it just looks like the Humans are the evil ones in all of this, spoiler[taking the other homeworlds of the other tribes to be at the disposal of the humans is wrong.]

Isn't that what the end result would be regardless of which tribe took over? spoiler[Total and complete conquest for whoever wins, dominating life in the universe, and all that spacey-epic-jazz.] I just think that humans are taking it a step further with the commandments.

omar235 wrote:
Did the Golden Tribe mean a forced peace?

I'd take it as spoiler[Age is obligated to the human race for a variety of reasons... being human himself as one of them. Working under that sort of "contract" benefits himself and the humans only. Taking over other tribes' planets is forceful, yes, but like I mentioned earlier, I'd guess that the others would do the same, and the Golden Tribe believes that a peace would come should humanity be the winner of this race.]

Or somethin' like that. I'm just one guy. I don't know the heck I'm doin' or sayin'.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Isn't that what the end result would be regardless of which tribe took over? spoiler[Total and complete conquest for whoever wins, dominating life in the universe, and all that spacey-epic-jazz.] I just think that humans are taking it a step further with the commandments.

Yes they probably would do the same, apprently were doing the same, I guess I was hoping we would go ahead and set an example. I don't know why but I always feel that if the human race did meet other aliens I would want us to be the fore front to keep the peace with them and others.

Hellkorn wrote:
I'd take it as spoiler[Age is obligated to the human race for a variety of reasons... being human himself as one of them. Working under that sort of "contract" benefits himself and the humans only. Taking over other tribes' planets is forceful, yes, but like I mentioned earlier, I'd guess that the others would do the same, and the Golden Tribe believes that a peace would come should humanity be the winner of this race.] Or somethin' like that. I'm just one guy. I don't know the heck I'm doin' or sayin'.

Well it seems episode 3 answered the reason Age is obligated to the humans, it seems the Nodos spirit in him is spoiler[being punished and was sent to help the humans as their protector.] Hey you may just be one guy but your opinions due matter and it does sound like you do know what you are takling about. Very Happy

After seeing episode 3 I have to say I am glad that it hasn't gotten worse but more and more interesting. I love the combat and the whole story, it seems that humans spoiler[lost Earth to the Bronze tribe]...I take back what I said about humans seeming like the evil ones, how dare they spoiler[take over Earth.] Evil or Very Mad Also it seems like even though the Nodos warriors were supposed to be evenly distributed across the tribes, the Silver tribe seems to have four Nodos...that is going by the silouettes that we see of the four other Nodos warriors. That sort of leaves the Bronze tribe at a disadvantage...right? Assuming this is true.
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
With Episode 12 done it seems that the humans have now spoiler[begun the fight for earth.] Dumb and dummer (A.K.A the princess' brothers) have went ahead and sent spoiler[Age head first into the silver tribes fleet to avoid casulties on their side, just to say hey wait why don't we blow Jupitor up and inflict massive casulties on the Silver tribe, while sustaining similar losses and the potential destruction of are only hope the Nodos. Rolling Eyes] I am glad that it looks like spoiler[the princess will being taking a stand though she doesn't intend to take over command of the fleet (yet). ] I personally hope the brothers get vaporized...but thats just me.

Anyways as the spoiler[fleet retreats to regroup and what not, Age is left (after surviving the explosion of Jupitor) to fight two, potentially three Nodos.] Things are not looking as bright as it seemed at first.

Eh the show went down in enjoyment, though the Nodos fight scenes are still pretty cool they lost the effect they had at teh start of the series. While this show didn't turn out to be as enjoyable to me as I thought it would, I think it is still worth watching.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quote
The series currently lacks good pacing. It's a bit too redundant. The result is a series where it's impossible to create a situation that results in tension and uncertainty that in turn creates the interest in the viewers. Still plenty of time to make a recovery, but so far it's a mediocre title. Good production value though.
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quote
I would have to agree about what is being said about the story's pace and it would really need to improve for it to not become an average space anime. So far it has a lot of potential with the superbly animated space battles, the ochestra score and slight bit of character developments.

The only thing that I truly hate is the fansubbing group that I'm stuck watching it from "Your-Mom". This fansub group has to be the worst which I have encountered, with their constant annoying Notes: -_- and their sometimes terrible transaltion. I know they're speed subbers but they just don't take it seriously, is annoy one else finding them annoying?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2