• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My-Otome

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hime had me hooked early on, but I had to press ahead and get through the first 5 or 6 episodes of Otome before things started picking up.

Interestingly, I was quite the opposite. My-Hime really wasn't that appealing to me at the beginning, while I enjoyed the beginning of Mai-Otome quite a bit.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I will have to agree with Zalis on this one. I just finished the first DVD and was really disappointed. It really felt like all those non-UC Gundam series where they use familiar faces to sell something that could have been an original stand alone series. I found myself saying this more than a few times about Gundam Seed which I feel is hindered by it's Gundam ties. Sunrise almost seems to scared to release a series that isn't based on an already successful franchise, but I personally would have rather seen a new series from the staff of My-Hime instead of this bizarro loosely related series.

Well, just so you don't get the wrong idea Zalis does in fact like this series (as evident by his rating/review). And although it does have a bit of a rough start, there was more to this series than I thought when I first saw it. I can tell you this series is more connected to My-HiME than it appears...

But as of OVA3, its still only implied at best. There is still no real connection to HiME, just a lot of winks and nods.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5