• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Skull Man (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I know this thread is 2 months old now but the show is over and I wanted to know everyones options on the show as a whole, not just the first few episodes. I hope no one minds.

I really enjoyed the show a lot. The art was different from a lot of the newer shows out there. It made me nostalgic for the older years.

The mystery played well until the final epsiodes of the series and I like that in a show.

The characters I think were characterized well and were all individual from one another. You could tell who everyone was and everybody had a different story to tell.

I am still really confused on certain things, and it is too bad that the manga went OOP before I could pick it up and attempt to understand those small missing pieces left by the plot.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quote
I apparently missed the last episode when it came out two weeks ago or so, but I've seen it now.

It was a very confusing series. Even after seeing how it ended, I'm still going to need to rewatch it at least once to figure out a few things, like where the heck the military coup fits in. The thing that made it so hard to follow what was going on was that everyone had their own agenda, and with people dieing left and right, you couldn't even be sure who would survive to see the end of the series (I count 4).

Also, the epilogue practically screams "to be continued", like the whole series was essentially a set up for the real story. It would have been much more conclusive without the the old detective guy implying the build-up of a coming war or the whole Brain Gear thing.
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
I feel the same way you do about it needed a REAL ending. The military coup, as well as the Clown guys really just didn't fit.

I have rewatched the show twice now and am still confused.

Maybe the manga makes a little better sense of everything. I am actively looking for some copies but to no avail as of yet.
Trivial

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote
As mentioned in the first post this is supposed to be a 25 episode series. I was again as often is the case dissapointed with the final episode, I wish that badass character actually survived, but to no avail. I am completely lost about what skullman is supposed to do in the next series and what happened to maya, why did she die?

Very confusing, but still somewhat enjoyable. I am looking forward to Dark Vision.
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
The encyclopedia says it is only 13 episodes. At 25 minutes each. The liked the ending, don't get me wrong, but it follows so many other great show with lackluster endings that scream "if you want to know more... read the manga!!"

BTW Trivial, what is Dark Vision? I have not heard anything about it. Does it relate to Skullman?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2