• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiddy Grade: What's with the title?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikyo98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
The possiblity of it being random english occured to me too, or the fact that they meant to use one word, but put in something else. (It's not as likely, but those kinds of things do happen from time to time.) I wasn't aware that all of the characters were under the age of 18, to me eclaire, lumiere and Viola look to be the only ones that're really young.

I also thought there was always a second season of the series, because in an article in Newtype (about 4 years ago I think), gave episode synopsis for the ones from 1 to 50, I was wondering why there weren't anymore being put out, I thought one of the actresses quit or something. But it's a great show, a little deep, but I kinda like it that way so that's probably why it appealed to me so much.
Epinephrine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I will definately continue to watch. It just sucks its only on on weekends on COLours so I got another 4 weeks to go to finish it! Oh well, hopefully the ending isnt as bad as you say but I'll still watch. Im one of the few people who liked the original ending of Eva so I should end up liking it anyway. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Moderators: I hope you don't mind my reviving this thread. It answered one of my questions but I still have another one. So I thought I would post in this rather than making a new thread.

I just finished this series this morning and I enjoyed the heck out of this! The story line was just incredible! One little thing said in one episode led to a revelation in another which turned into another question. Just really, really great.

I knew a little bit about this title due to articles read a few years ago in Animerica, so some of what happened wasn't that much of a surprise but in watching it, I still got some good surprises, so I was happy about that.

And Alv has some serious issues. Poor Dvergr! I actually felt sorry for her at the end but had no sympathy for Alv at all.

I do have one question though, WHY? Why were the ES members spoiler[reborn, rebuilt, reincarnated time after time? Cheaper than retraining people all of the time? ] If the anime answered that question, I sure as hell missed it.
murph76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the series ever answered that question. The only thing I understood about that was it had something to do with Eclipse's power.

This is only speculation on my part, but spoiler[it would make sense if Eclipse chooses who is to be reborn, since that is part of her power. Maybe if she senses talent, power or skill in people, she gives them new life to hone those abilities. To what end, I'm not sure. In the context of GOTT, probably to keep the peace and further Nouvlesse goals. But before then, maybe for vigilante justice.]

If the rumored 2nd series comes to fruition, hopefully it will deal with some of these questions.

-Murph
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
I don't think the series ever answered that question. The only thing I understood about that was it had something to do with Eclipse's power.

This is only speculation on my part, but spoiler[it would make sense if Eclipse chooses who is to be reborn, since that is part of her power. Maybe if she senses talent, power or skill in people, she gives them new life to hone those abilities. To what end, I'm not sure. In the context of GOTT, probably to keep the peace and further Nouvlesse goals. But before then, maybe for vigilante justice.]

If the rumored 2nd series comes to fruition, hopefully it will deal with some of these questions.

-Murph

Hmm. Thank you.

It will be interesting to see how the 2nd season develops. Especially since spoiler[the back of the Nouvlesse may have been broken due to their greed] We shall see.
murph76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the series did kind of lose it's "big bad."

Also, so much of the series was focused on spoiler[class distinctions. How the Nouvlesse thought they were so much better than everyone else because they were "pure Earthlings" and how Eclaire and Lumiere fought against that.

It's been a while since I've seen the series, but examples that come to mind are the the mob scene where Eclair loses it and protects the people she was ordered to destroy and the situation with Eclair's "son." ]

I'd like to see those aspects also continue if a 2nd season happens.

-Murph
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

It's not just a rumor. It's official and there was an article in NewType (Japan) recently. Supposedly the new main characters won't be Eclair and Lumiere, but I think they will turn out to be new (or previous) incarnations of them.
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

It's not just a rumor. It's official and there was an article in NewType (Japan) recently. Supposedly the new main characters won't be Eclair and Lumiere, but I think they will turn out to be new (or previous) incarnations of them.

Thanks for the news! I hadn't heard anything about KG2 apart from some rumblings on message boards.

-Murph
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

Well, not a bad idea for them to have new/different names. That way they can get new/different VAs just in case the originals are unavailable.

But, they do look like Eclair and Lumiere!
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:

I think the second season should be comprised of at least half flashback, assuming it's a standard 24-26 series. What I felt the first season was most lacking in was character development, and we got little or no insight to Eclair and Lumiere's pasts. I'd like to see some more of what they did and what they went through in both near and far past to see how their experiences shaped who they are currently. Also there's a lot of potential in bringing in some really exciting plotlines from the past of the two, since the span of their life has been incredibly long and there could be a lot to work with.

If the second season does well, my opinion on Kiddy Grade will definitely change.

Quote:
Thanks for the news! I hadn't heard anything about KG2 apart from some rumblings on message boards.

With this post and the talk about the "second season" and how "it's official", I could've sworn you guys were talking about KgNE (Rumbing Hearts). It wasn't until I realized that "KG" stands for "Kiddy Grade" did I stop wonder what discussion about Kiminozo 2 was doing in a Kiddy Grade thread. Razz
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
murph76 wrote:

I think the second season should be comprised of at least half flashback, assuming it's a standard 24-26 series. What I felt the first season was most lacking in was character development, and we got little or no insight to Eclair and Lumiere's pasts. I'd like to see some more of what they did and what they went through in both near and far past to see how their experiences shaped who they are currently. Also there's a lot of potential in bringing in some really exciting plotlines from the past of the two, since the span of their life has been incredibly long and there could be a lot to work with.

If the second season does well, my opinion on Kiddy Grade will definitely change.

Quote:

With this post and the talk about the "second season" and how "it's official", I could've sworn you guys were talking about KgNE (Rumbing Hearts). It wasn't until I realized that "KG" stands for "Kiddy Grade" did I stop wonder what discussion about Kiminozo 2 was doing in a Kiddy Grade thread. Razz

I agree. I'd love to see more of Eclaire and Lumiere's past. Character development is always a good think. But if the link posted above is to be believed, the 2nd season will deal with new characters who may or may not be E and L.

I'm not saying they're wrong, but I haven't dug around for anything more "official" than that. So for now, I'm taking wait and see attitude.

-Murph
xiaoxu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quote
Dont think there will be any flashbacks or character development on Eclair and Lumiere....The new series is about Ascule and Que Feuilles...the 2 new lead heriones...Probably Eclair and Lumiere will play secondary roles...so...yeah...slight chance of any flashbacks of those 2...but a more detailed intro on our two new protagonists would be nice.. Anime smile + sweatdrop Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
arkady

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
immortality, if achieved, can be possibly a far greater curse than a blessing.

Gosh, now there's a daring new theme that's never been explored before. *Yawn*

I forced myself to watch all of KG, but wasn't impressed. The artwork didn't do a thing for me, and the storyline began with featherweight adventure before sinking into leaden angst by the end. By the time it was all over, I just didn't care any more.

Maybe the new series will be better.
xiaoxu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote
well...there is still fan service if u dont like the story..Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2