• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't use the mobile website because of the constant '400 Bad Request' message

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I've been having issues with using the mobile website. Whenever I try to open an article, it just says 'Bad Request 400 Request Header or Cookie Too Large nginx'

What's the best way to fix this? Clearing cookies is a temporary fix. Just goes back to the error message a couple of hours later.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Is this happening with News Articles?
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Is this happening with News Articles?

Happening with both the news articles and everything else such as the forums. I should add that this issue is on desktop too. I haven’t been able to respond to your question as I’ve not been able to access anything because of this error message
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:35 pm Reply with quote
And on desktop, it's the exact same error message? 'Bad Request 400 Request Header or Cookie Too Large nginx' ?

400 Error Messages are client side. There's something going wrong in your browser, but I want to try to figure out what the cause is, and to see if possibly it's something on our end causing it.

I assume this is only happening on ANN, no other websites ?

It's happening on both your mobile and your desktop? Are they using different networks, not using the same VPN or browser add-ons that interfere with traffic or anything like that ?
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes, on desktop it’s the exact same message as it is on mobile website. It doesn’t occur as often as mobile

This is only happening on ANN. No other website I use has given me that message.

I don’t use VPNs and none of my browser add-ons are like that
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am Reply with quote
Thanks, we see a small number of 400 error codes every day, so we're looking into this. No idea if the other people getting the error are getting it for the same reason as you, but perhaps they are.

I may follow-up with more questions in this thread shortly.

In the meantime, can you confirm that when it happens on your phone, you're phone is on a different network than your desktop? (ie: is it happening while you're using data, or is it only happening when you're at home, using the same home lan as your desktop?)

If it's on data, are you using the same ISP as your Desktop, or is it a completely different ISP ?

What browser are you using on each device ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1