• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Suggestion List.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote
If releases can ever be added again, can we add 4K Blu-ray as a video section? There are currently a few of these out, and there will be more to come, I don't think they should be grouped together with regular Blu-rays.

[Edit]Can the following tasks get changed how they're displayed? I've found a few entries with these typos for the English staff positions.

DVDCompression ---> DVD Compression anime#11770

Dialogie Editor ---> Dialogue Editing anime#860

DVD Edtior ---> DVD Editing anime#16623

Not a typo, but "DVD Packaging" probably should be displayed as "Packaging Design"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
For Satoshi Kon 'favorites', can you please include Rainbow Sentai Robin and Monty Python? Thanks. Oh, and Ultra 7 and Die Hard, too. Thanks, again.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I think it's time to allow titles on non-Japanese staff and cast to be sorted by year of release. I assume it was never implemented because any overseas work on that title would likely not be done the year the title was released. While that's still somewhat true today, dubs have been coming out along with the show's Japanese broadcast for years now. And while not on the actual production staff of the show, there are still overseas staff working on releasing the shows for simulcast.

If that's not the reason, then I'd like to know why.

Sorting titles this way for all individuals and companies in the encyclopedia provides the added benefit of giving users a better idea of what anyone has worked on in regards to recent titles, just like how we view Japanese staff and cast.
depotgimbo#924361

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:28 am Reply with quote
I hope Indonesian staff, cast, and companies option will be available. There's a growing number of dubbed anime titles in Indonesia since 2020, and I would like to add staff and casts to some of the titles.
MuddyYoshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
I think it's time to allow titles on non-Japanese staff and cast to be sorted by year of release. I assume it was never implemented because any overseas work on that title would likely not be done the year the title was released. While that's still somewhat true today, dubs have been coming out along with the show's Japanese broadcast for years now. And while not on the actual production staff of the show, there are still overseas staff working on releasing the shows for simulcast.

If that's not the reason, then I'd like to know why.

Sorting titles this way for all individuals and companies in the encyclopedia provides the added benefit of giving users a better idea of what anyone has worked on in regards to recent titles, just like how we view Japanese staff and cast.

It’s long past time for this to apply to company entries as well, Japanese or otherwise. By year is how most people would think to sort things anyway, and should probably be the default.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21