• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Original discussion started here.
----------------------------------

Episode 10: Gastric Measures

Summary:

The Restaurant Owners Union plan to throw an eating contest to attract people back and raise money for the the village, which has finally been rebuilt. However, they underestimate Shui and the Bearcats, who seem to have endless stomachs. After winning the contest, Shui's prize is unlimited 24-hour access to Boxxo. Lammis carries Boxxo to the Origin stratum, where an orphanage resides.

Comments:

If this took place in the cold, this would've been the perfect Christmas episode. I've always associated Christmas with "the spirit of giving," and am happy when the less fortunate get some very fortunate and free gifts. And the fact that they're orphans makes this giving even sweeter.

I remember back in high school, we had this program around winter holiday season where teachers could volunteer their class as a "secret angel," and we'd try to raise money for a less fortunate child and get them some nice Christmas gifts. It was my Sophomore year (I was 15), and I was working part-time at Toys 'R Us.

The teacher said we raised about $60 and had one week left. I liked having money from a part-time job, but wasn't particularly saving up for anything, at the time, so I gave the teacher another $40 out of my pocket, because I thought $100 would be a nice round number for the kid to get some nice stuff. Everybody was surprised, because it took almost two months just to get to $60. But it was getting close to Christmas, so I thought to myself, "alright, Merry Christmas, kid."

Featured items of this episode are soda and balloons. Soda is quite the tricky item when you're having it with food, because of all the sugar and syrup and the extra calories they add. I used to drink a lot of it as a kid, then drank only the clear ones as a teen (had this idea in my head that the clearer ones weren't as bad for you). As an adult, I only drink soda a few times a year and mainly drink water (try to do about half my body weight in fluid ounces a day). But yeah, sometimes when you want that slightly sweet and cold drink, soda can hit the spot. I usually drink it when I'm eating junk food, as I feel the soda is a good counter-balance to the (usually) high amount of sodium in said food.

Balloons are also a great simple item. I used to love balloons as a kid, but kinda' got annoyed that they floated away so easily. At one point, I got so tired of them floating away, I started to tie them to my wrist or a piece of clothing, then started collecting them in my room to make a balloon bouquet like you see in the movies, but I couldn't acquire them fast enough before the helium started leaking out of the others.

This was a great episode. I was really happy for those kids.

Screen Caps:

Last edited by Tony K. on Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

This week the gang went to a horror themed dungeon floor. The episode mostly dealt with Lammis not at all being prepared for a spooky situation. There was also a rather sad section about a zombie boy who got killed despite only wanting to get juice (he even got a coin for Boxxo).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:28 am Reply with quote

Episode 11: The Dead Lament's Stratum

Summary:

Pending

Comments:

Pending

Screen Caps:

Pending
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:12 am Reply with quote
And that was the last episode of the first season, yeah, a second season is a fact now and it is one hell of a surprise. It is also interesting because the first season contains nearly all content from the first three novel volumes, all that is left are web novel chapters beyond that.

As for the final episode, I imagined it to be the team beating the floor boss, but defeating him got an even bigger fish involved. Said fish is a general of the demon king and the best they could do was to make him take an interest and thus bow out.....for now. After that it was back to town and time to relax a bit and think back on all the crazy adventures thus far.

Like the episode said near the end, the premise of reincarnating as a vending machine is crazy, but it resulted in a fun anime that was a lot better than one would expect.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:03 am Reply with quote
Final:

5.5/10.

There's no way I'm gonna give a high grade for this. But hey, I signed up for this with minimal expectations, and the show still met them. I eventually got what I want.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Episode 12: What Can Be Done as a Vending Machine

Summary:

Pending

Comments:

Pending

Screen Caps:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4