• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Upcoming Anime List out of date

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:23 pm Reply with quote
The new season is set to start next week, but the Upcoming List stops at October 7. Can we please get it updated to show the new Fall shows that are debuting after the 7th? Shows like Dr Stone and Apothecary Diaries, etc. Thanks!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:37 am Reply with quote
I second this request. This is normally not an issue so I wonder why there is this gap in readily available information for the Fall 2023 season.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:41 am Reply with quote
Just fixed this.

We display upcoming anime for the next 30 days, but there was also limit of 50 titles. It seemed a reasonable limit to me at the time, but there's so many shows this season that we were cutting off after just 13 days. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation and fix, Dan42. Yep, there was a time when a 50 title cut off would have been MORE than enough to capture everything but we are now in the era of Mondo Production. Better set the new limit for 500 titles! Wink
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes, thanks so much for fixing this! Wow, it really shows how times have changed. Very Happy

I wonder if the coding should also be revised to show, maybe, the next 45 or 60 days? I know that once we pass the midway point in the current season, I start to check out the upcoming list to see what there is to look forward to next season . . .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1