• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Wedding Rings (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:03 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
Well, you guys wanted a lady who can take care of herself and the princess of the fire ring is certainly that.

I'm assuming the dragon kin won't be a walkover either.

smurky turkey wrote:
Otherwise it was an interesting episode in seeing the unique culture of the fire country. A moving capital is fascinating and due to that they have a lot of unique services and goods on offer. It was also nice to see the two current wives bonding a bit.

The moving cities thing isn't new...there was an anime called Chrome Shelled Regios, for example, and that Mortal Engines movie that flopped even though the novel series it was based on was actually pretty good (for a while). But I only see it pop up every half-decade give or take a few years, so it always feels pretty fresh.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, one more wife for the collection I guess. The way Satou won was a bit iffy, but I will take it. As for the corrupted knight and his monsters, they were taken care of pretty quickly, especially the latter thanks to the op cat people. The harem is also getting increasingly frantic and horny, though it seems like any action in the sheets will still take quite a while.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Yeah, because Satou is a massive pussy.. Those poor gals need a REAL man to take care of business. A REAL man like, say... ME!!! Seriously, I'd be bangin' 'em all like outhouse doors...

*belches*

*scratches hairy chest^
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Edited to add a wink emoji.

Blood- wrote:
Episode 6Yeah, because Satou is a massive pussy.. Those poor gals need a REAL man to take care of business. A REAL man like, say... ME!!!^

Don't forget, you'd have to get over the hurdle where you became the boyfriend of the first princess in the real world before the whole ring thing even started. First you'd have to do all that abject begging...then you'd have to try to get around the restraining order... Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Pfffft... abject begging? NO PROBLEM. And I prefer to call them restraining suggestions...
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:06 am Reply with quote
Well, getting the ring of the water maiden could not have gone any easier, but the follow up sure is a mess. On one hand there is the empire who is trying to grow as big as possible and the ring king is a danger/nuisance to them while miss oracle is probably another lackey of the abyss king trying to get the rings. As for the water maiden, she seems to be the calculating type, unlike the other wives so far.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:24 am Reply with quote
And episode 8 concluded the water kingdom arc, so only one princess left to go. Having seen 2/3s of the show it is still not anything special, but it is fun enough and wizard grandpa remains an excentric dude. The rings also seem less and less like a purely good force as time goes on.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how they were going to win the day in the last few episodes, the answer is that they did not, next season seems to be primed for the final/real fight against the abyss king. As for the first season...it was fun enough, nothing about it was really bad (besides the mc being a pussy) yet nothing was really great about it either.

Edit: no, come to think of it, the great sage was the one great thing about the show with how much of a nutter he is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2