• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 6 volumes, by matoba)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: Okuruto Noburo

Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural

Themes: angels, harem, mythology

Plot Summary: Shintaro Tokumitsu is a high schooler living all alone, but things take an unexpected turn when a girl named Towa shows up on his balcony. Not only is she incredibly pure and sweet, but there's something different about her-something...divine.

Air Date & Platform:
March 30, 2024 (Saturday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Hard to have much of an impression of the first episode. It was so paint-by-numbers it ends up just kind of being "there." The credits promise more of the same, typical harem of childhood friends and charmed quirky school friends. But, of course, his heart is taken by his perfect magic girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the premise is pretty generic and you kind of know what to expect given the first episode. That said, it has enough charm to be a decent fluffy show and it is nice to have one or two of those between all the fighting in most anime.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:57 pm Reply with quote
The reviewers here didn't like it all that much, but I thought the first episode was pretty cute and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:53 pm Reply with quote
This show had a little bit of an Angel Next Door vibe in that it has a cute stranger taking over the domestic chores for a slob, and I'm sure some people will object to the 50's housewife aspect.

And the show has a little bit of a Tonikawa: Over the Moon for You vibe in that a dude's life gets completely upended by a supernatural yet day to day normal being.

But the show's not in the same class as either of those shows IMHO because their female leads have unexpected edges to them despite the overall sweetness of the shows, and neither of them is a helpless pushover. And the males have a bit going for them too - especially Nasa and his weird combination of ultra competence and airheadedness.

The female lead here is basically just a squishy bundle of sweet and cute, and the male lead hasn't really distinguished himself other than being nice.

That said, the show was okay to watch. It reminds me a little bit of last season's Hokaido Girls are Adorable in that regard.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
It really is an okay show. Several episodes in now and it is all pretty safe and predictable yet entertaining enough. It is also not really the type of show to generate a lot of discussion.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
I have to add that most of the girls in the show being of the supernatural kind makes it a fair bit more interesting. It is still very much a typical harem show yet seeing supernatural issues happen keeps it watchable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1