• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:51 am Reply with quote
@ Aura Ichadora - actually, I recently acquired the two part Season 1 LE and the season 2 LE of Dr. Stone myself. In fact, just yesterday I took the shrink wrap off of the Season 1, Part 2 artbox and took out the box with the art cards and key chains and put in the Part 1 Blu-ray. Like you, I hope Season 3 gets an LE although sadly I won't be able to pick it up as cheaply as I did the first two seasons LEs. I have a connection who was able to hook me up but apparently he has lost his source for Crunchyroll releases.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered the Chie the Brat TV anime over Crunchyroll.

Know it's kind of hypocritical of me doing this when I did my little rant on the issues I had with my large Discotek order I did with CR from over a month ago. But between my debit card still working with them and being cheaper than RACS with the set cost hitting Crunchyroll's $50 threshold for free shipping, hard not to do things with Crunchyroll in this instance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Just bought The Executioner and Her Way of Life via E-Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:47 am Reply with quote
Just bought Love Flops via E-Bay.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hit up the Crunchyroll Store for the first time ever to get:

Space Battleship Tiramisu Season 1 DVD/BD (slowly finishing off the remaining Gonzo titles I don't own on disc)

Love and Lies manga vols. 1-8

Oddly enough, they actually reflected a Got Anime? discount on the manga volumes, based on the e-mail account matching the one from my RSA account. Didn't expect it, but I'll take what I can get.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:22 pm Reply with quote
My roommates went to Anime Milwaukee this past weekend. I asked them, namely for the hell of it, to keep an eye out for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Blu-Ray, whether the Part 1 or the Complete Series. Doubted that they'd find it, but hey, figured it was worth a shot because I was striking out online (either kept finding copies coming from Japan/the UK or everything was $100+). And lo and behold, they managed to find me Part 1 for a bit under the original MSRP. It was missing its slipcover (pretty sure it had one) and the art was a bit scuffed with the plastic wrap ripped, but the discs inside were perfect.

After I got it in hand, I bought Part 2 off of Crunchyroll, since they still had it on sale for $7. Cost me around $12 after shipping, but that's fine with me (and it was still cheaper than what I had seen online for Part 2 otherwise). Just glad I can stop hunting for this now.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Giant Beasts of ARS via E-Bay.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Buddy Daddies via Crunchyroll.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Just bought the Aniplex release of Cells at Work over E-Bay.

Unfortunately, realized my plans to get The Girl Who Leapt Through Space hit a snag when I realized that the third volume of the Bandai release is the odd duck out as far as finding any available copy of it. So have nixed my plans to dabble into the series for now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, the pain of the OOP Hunter who is not prepared to sell a major organ to gain that elusive volume...
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah yes, the pain of the OOP Hunter who is not prepared to sell a major organ to gain that elusive volume...

Did enough of that when I got the Animeigo volumes of Urusei Yatsura years ago. $1800 down the toilet and don't feel like doing ever again.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am Reply with quote
Just won an E-Bay auction for the second season of Restaurant to Another World.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Seen Oshi no Ko's first season among Sentai's pre-order slate for June. Just pre-ordered it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am Reply with quote
I was at a 2nd & Charles and saw a used BD copy of Ancient Magus Bride S1 for $25 and thought that was a good deal... but first I checked Amazon, which had it new for $20- So I ordered from them.

Just doing my part in destroying bookstores. (A new Barnes and Noble actually just opened here, smaller than older ones, but an actual new store, crazy.)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Did enough of that when I got the Animeigo volumes of Urusei Yatsura years ago. $1800 down the toilet and don't feel like doing ever again.

It may be small consolation but you were my hero when you did that. I thought it was an incredibly ballsy move. I hope you ended up liking the show! I can't remember which poster it was but another purchase that impressed the hell out of me was somebody who, years ago, bought the Japanese DVD release of The Legend of Galactic Heroes that didn't even have English subtitles! The DVDs were packaged in a stunningly beautiful way and I believe it cost the person close to $1,000. Anybody else remember that?

In my own case, I continue to fill in some OOP holes. I noted that Funi/Crunchy is no longer streaming The Slayers and an opportunity recently popped up to snag The Slayers, Slayers Next and Slayers Try DVD sets for $35 each so I took it. I can get the combined season 4 & 5 on DVD pretty easily. Then thanks to Australia I ordered both the region 4 movie set and OVA set. Gawd, I love my all-region player.

Oh and finally ordered AnoHana The Movie on DVD as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1399 of 1400